• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course design with the 75 Year-old in mind

Baskets arrive tomorrow. I hope to have baskets installed no later than the end of the week. I'll post pictures once installation is complete.

After lots of conversations and understanding the wants of the property owner I have decided to focus on green areas being fun and challenging. He wants to have baskets in areas he doesn't normally explore on his daily walks...its not about distance as much as it is about being fun with bit of challenge. Also with no actual tees the options will be endless with the areas I've outlined.

I'll find out this week if he agrees with my recommendations.

My mom came to visit this past week. I took her to see the property. The gentleman in the pictures with her owns the property.

I will begin installing the baskets on Thursday. Should be complete with my role in the installation by the end of the weekend.

Attachments

• 2013-04-28 18.56.13.jpg
    2013-04-28 18.56.13.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 53
  • The pond.jpg
    The pond.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Judy & Dr. Hatcher looking at pond..jpg
    Judy & Dr. Hatcher looking at pond..jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 47
We started installation today. Here's the retired doctor at hole #1. He is 75 and will soon play his first ever round of disc golf on his very own course. It has been an absolute pleasure working on this with him. I just hope I will get a chance to play every now and then.

Attachments

• Bob Hatcher with his first Dis  Golf basket.jpg
    Bob Hatcher with his first Dis Golf basket.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 44
Hell yeah, looks like plenty of room for some good holes.

Leave a good impression Sadjo, maybe he'll donate some money for building a sweet public course nearby. ;) :D

Hell yeah, looks like plenty of room for some good holes.

Leave a good impression Sadjo, maybe he'll donate some money for building a sweet public course nearby. ;) :D

While his property is absolutely beautiful and it has been a please to work on this design, I have been reactive and not proactive in this whole process. I believe he will enjoy playing and will end up promoting Disc Golf to his friends and neighbors.

Hope is he wants to one day showcase his property and holds an invitational or something along the lines of what Boylan Family Farms did years ago.

Course is complete. I'll post some pictures once we get some nice weather in the NE GA mountains.

Course is complete. I'll post some pictures once we get some nice weather in the NE GA mountains.

I thought it was complete. The doctor got with me today. He wants to add mote holes. Its only been in the around for a week.

I thought it was complete. The doctor got with me today. He wants to add mote holes. Its only been in the around for a week.

.... aaaaaaand he's addicted, doctor's should no better :thmbup:

.... aaaaaaand he's addicted, doctor's should no better :thmbup:

He has no tees just baskets i some interesting locations. He was so excited to tell me about some really good shots he has had around the property. He is hooked.

I spent another hour out there today and he really enjoys playing. We're placing more baskets. He is really going to have a nice private course soon.

I was back out there this week helping install two more baskets.

Attachments

• Another one.jpg
    Another one.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 2013-05-24 18.57.12.jpg
    2013-05-24 18.57.12.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 29
I got a call from the Doc this Saturday. I wasn't able to take the call...his message went on and on about how much he is enjoying playing Disc Golf. He might be a good candidate for helping fund new area courses.

This has been one of the best threads I have read in a long time. Just reading about how the process has evolved, and how he wants more baskets now...so awesome. Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work!

This has been one of the best threads I have read in a long time. Just reading about how the process has evolved, and how he wants more baskets now...so awesome. Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work!

Agreed. :thmbup:

I got a call from the Doc this Saturday. I wasn't able to take the call...his message went on and on about how much he is enjoying playing Disc Golf. He might be a good candidate for helping fund new area courses.

Great work Sadjo!!!!!!

Who says the old guys can't help grow the sport...

BOOM!!!! Great job man.

I appreciate the kind words. I'm hoping to find time to get back out to the property to take more pictures and to play some with him.