• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

coyote, comet, fuse, or element

discspeed said:
The S I threw was fairly stable, but I just don't trust that wing. There is a speed at which it will cause squirreliness...Even if it starts stable, I fear that when it breaks in it will be just like the Coyote/Mako.
I've banged my P-MD2s against more than a few trees, they haven't turned into anything resembling a Mako. I'll report back if it happens. My C-MD2 is too Buzzz-like in flight for me to believe it'll ever turn into a Mako.

I've no experience with the Element or Meteor but I have thrown my share of Comets, Rocs, Coyotes and Sharks and I absolutely love the Fuse for the throw straight-finish straight shot, the hold a turn to the ground shot and the hyzer-flip air it out crush. Beat dx Rocs are a thing of beauty too but the Fuse outperforms them on lower lines, no 1-3 month break in period and of course... opto plastic... Shazaam.

I tested Z Comet and Gl Fuse (both max weight) a few weeks ago and tried to figure out the differences.

I didn't notice that much difference between the two, but here are those that I found…

Fuse was a little faster and worked better for driving. It was actually faster in every aspect, it did what it did faster. When it turned it turned quicker. When it faded on slight hyzer throws, it went down faster.

Comet made more extended turns and faded more slowly at hyzers. Very good for long curves, when you need to stretch out the curve. Perhaps it's the larger diameter that makes long gliding curves easy. Comet also worked a bit better for touchy shots.

My conclusion was that Comet was the more unique of the two and found a place in my bag. But it hurts to put the Fuse aside, because I want it so badly! Maybe a Fuse in Opto would do the jump into the bag, but I have only tested it a few times, so for now… Z Comet is in, Fuse is out.

jubuttib said:
discspeed said:
The S I threw was fairly stable, but I just don't trust that wing. There is a speed at which it will cause squirreliness...Even if it starts stable, I fear that when it breaks in it will be just like the Coyote/Mako.
I've banged my P-MD2s against more than a few trees, they haven't turned into anything resembling a Mako. I'll report back if it happens. My C-MD2 is too Buzzz-like in flight for me to believe it'll ever turn into a Mako.

Sounds like the MD2 might be the friend that discspeed doesn't know as well as he thinks :lol:

Latest posts