• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

That's fair...if only Innova hadn't forgotten how to make good Eagles...

I'm loving my Star Eagles. Innova discs these days need to get really really beat before they start flying like the old ones.

I always thought a Stalker was like an Eagle-L.

This is probably what it comes down to. I posted in the Kong thread how none of my Kongs came out as beefy as I was expecting. From that thread, it seems like there is variance. I recall when I threw nukes they were beefy. Oh wide rimmed drivers.

I guess I was expecting my Kong to pop up a bit from an anny release and hold a flat line for a while. Nope. If I release it hyzer it'll stay hyzer, no matter how hard I throw it. I think the Kong actually reminds me more of an XCal than a Destroyer.

I agree that wide rimmed drivers can have some fairly significant variance in flight.

Started throwing some old Z Forces I've had for years and really liking how they're flying.

One is a little domey and the other is a little flatter.

The flatter one goes far.

Paired them with an old ESP Surge and might almost make the bag.

I guess I was expecting my Kong to pop up a bit from an anny release and hold a flat line for a while. Nope. If I release it hyzer it'll stay hyzer, no matter how hard I throw it. I think the Kong actually reminds me more of an XCal than a Destroyer.

I agree that wide rimmed drivers can have some fairly significant variance in flight.

How far are you throwing your Kong?

DX Eagles are still good. But the DX plastic these days is really lacking

No I have had modern in the 2010's DX that is good on a DX Stingray, it just varies from run to run weather or not you are going to get discs that are waxy no matter what you do to them. I am not talking the kind of wax that is on the Dragon that makes it feel like an R-DX but rather the true waxy discs that feel like a crayon in terms of wax but still hard like modern DX plastic.

How far are you throwing your Kong?

400' max. That's if I torque it over on an anny line. It'll fight out of an anny flight pretty quickly and fade hard. It literally takes every ounce of power I have to get this Kong 400'. Even then I can probably only get that distance 1/10 throws. The disc is a complete chore to throw. If I release it flat and hard I can probably hit 360'. Again, the disc refuses to fly flat for any length of time.

400' max. That's if I torque it over on an anny line. It'll fight out of an anny flight pretty quickly and fade hard. It literally takes every ounce of power I have to get this Kong 400'. Even then I can probably only get that distance 1/10 throws. The disc is a complete chore to throw. If I release it flat and hard I can probably hit 360'. Again, the disc refuses to fly flat for any length of time.

I've come to the conclusion that the Kong is a pro level disc. I have about 10 or so and they all fly relatively flippy (like a Shryke OS) once you put around 450' of power on it. Those same Kong's in an MA1-2ish player maxing at 400' were flying like they were brand new Forces.

I've come to the conclusion that the Kong is a pro level disc. I have about 10 or so and they all fly relatively flippy (like a Shryke OS) once you put around 450' of power on it. Those same Kong's in an MA1-2ish player maxing at 400' were flying like they were brand new Forces.

I agree with your assessment of the flight, but not that these characteristics make it a pro-level disc. I have about 450 of power on an average day, and I actually hate how different the Kong behaves with slight adjustments to power level. I have some beat Forces that behave more linearly, if that makes sense. If I throw it this hard, it flips this much. If I throw it a little harder, it flips a little more.

With the Kongs though, there is like this threshold where the thing just turns like crazy, but below that it wont really want to turn much at all. Makes judging their line kind of difficult. The only use I have found for them so far as been as hyzer flip to flat drives when I want to throw hard. Anything else they do seems better done by different Forces.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it so far.

You might be right. I'm sure my Kong has huge distance potential. That said, I don't seem to have the arm to harness it. I also feel like my Kong is at the overstable side of the spectrum. Others claim their Kongs are almost flippy.

I agree with your assessment of the flight, but not that these characteristics make it a pro-level disc. I have about 450 of power on an average day, and I actually hate how different the Kong behaves with slight adjustments to power level. I have some beat Forces that behave more linearly, if that makes sense. If I throw it this hard, it flips this much. If I throw it a little harder, it flips a little more.

With the Kongs though, there is like this threshold where the thing just turns like crazy, but below that it wont really want to turn much at all. Makes judging their line kind of difficult. The only use I have found for them so far as been as hyzer flip to flat drives when I want to throw hard. Anything else they do seems better done by different Forces.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it so far.

I have 450' power fairly consistently too, but NOT with the Kong. To get 450' I need something flippier that has a big S curve flight. Shrykes, Terns, Ballistas, Captain, ETC.

My Kong isn't going anywhere near 450'. The thing seems slow and sluggish too. Just getting it to 400' takes everything I have on a forced anny line. If I throw it flat its closer to 360' with most of that being fade.

Just threw a friends Kong the other day. Was fairly used. Just threw one rhbh drive and one rhfh drive. It was flat, not much dome.

This one was flippy. Thrown flat, it drifted pretty far right before coming back. I would say -2 turn. Same for forehand.

Rhbh had to be right around 400 and the rhfh around 360+.

Plastic feels even better after being beat up a little.

I will try and get some more throws in soon to have a better idea on average flight characteristics

Got a new ESP Tour Series Drone today, and I'm not that impressed with it. It is 184g on the scale, and rather oily slick feeling. I haven't thrown it yet, but it's not as nice as I had hoped. Being so overweight doesn't really help me like it either. I only weighed it because it honestly felt overweight the second I picked it up.

Got a new ESP Tour Series Drone today, and I'm not that impressed with it. It is 184g on the scale, and rather oily slick feeling. I haven't thrown it yet, but it's not as nice as I had hoped. Being so overweight doesn't really help me like it either. I only weighed it because it honestly felt overweight the second I picked it up.

Jesus. The Drone is already pretty overstable. At 184 g, I bet yours flies like an absolute brick.

Hmm it will be interesting when Marshall gets the ESP tour series in stock and weighs each one. .

Can PDGA stop players from throwing these?

As for the "oily slick feeling" i feel like many discs feels like that new. . .the worst one i ever got was a Glow Roadrunner, when new it was SUPER slick and "oily" . . now after a few weeks it feels super nice and is one of my best feeling discs

Hmm it will be interesting when Marshall gets the ESP tour series in stock and weighs each one. .

Can PDGA stop players from throwing these?

As for the "oily slick feeling" i feel like many discs feels like that new. . .the worst one i ever got was a Glow Roadrunner, when new it was SUPER slick and "oily" . . now after a few weeks it feels super nice and is one of my best feeling discs

Yeah, sometimes discs start feeling better with use. I got a Tour Series Force with it, which feels much nicer and is 173.5 on the scale. Sometimes when the summer humidity comes, discs end up feeling almost too grippy, so it could be that the Drone will feel better to me when it gets a little hotter.

Discraft is my favorite brand but they can be frustrating sometimes. Looking at Drones on eBay.......

See a bunch of special release Z Drones / & they're only in pink (don't throw pink anymore)
See some of the new ESP Tour Drones / & they're only in swirly esp meh colors.

I guess Big Z it is.

Discraft is my favorite brand but they can be frustrating sometimes. Looking at Drones on eBay.......

See a bunch of special release Z Drones / & they're only in pink (don't throw pink anymore)
See some of the new ESP Tour Drones / & they're only in swirly esp meh colors.

I guess Big Z it is.

Take a peek at Hyzerfarm. They still have Ti drones, ESP FLX, and regular Z in stock. ;)