• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I'm sure those stiff Roaches are nice. Would it be so hard for Discraft to make a production line of stiff plastic? :doh:

At least for putters since 2006 with Pro D it seems hard for Discraft to do so. I would love that for the Magnet a hard plastic. I am sticking with Jawbreaker as Pro D is softer then DX is in most of the stiffer runs and then the Proline Titanic made a tad softer in a microwave 10 seconds otherwise from practice and use with the Titanic in Proline the Proline plastic is bouncy the way plastics like ESP and Star are for some discs.

I'm sure those stiff Roaches are nice. Would it be so hard for Discraft to make a production line of stiff plastic? :doh:

I putt those same Supreme Flight OG Roaches. They're a bit stiffer...I use them interchangeably with regular JB. On really hot days I'm going to switch to the McRoach (i.e. the Luna.)

At least for putters since 2006 with Pro D it seems hard for Discraft to do so. I would love that for the Magnet a hard plastic. I am sticking with Jawbreaker as Pro D is softer then DX is in most of the stiffer runs and then the Proline Titanic made a tad softer in a microwave 10 seconds otherwise from practice and use with the Titanic in Proline the Proline plastic is bouncy the way plastics like ESP and Star are for some discs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but DC is the 2nd largest disc manufacturer? If Prodigy can make 350g (the best stiff putting plastic ever) than DC can make it happen. Frustrating.

F. Howl I just can't get comfortable with the Luna. Feels too thin in my hand. They look so close to Roaches but feel different. Roach is that sweet spot but that Jawbreaker flight plate gets real soft in 80*+.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but DC is the 2nd largest disc manufacturer? If Prodigy can make 350g (the best stiff putting plastic ever) than DC can make it happen. Frustrating.

F. Howl I just can't get comfortable with the Luna. Feels too thin in my hand. They look so close to Roaches but feel different. Roach is that sweet spot but that Jawbreaker flight plate gets real soft in 80*+.

Discraft is the 3rd largest Manufacture after Innova 1st and side brand plus those brand they make disc for then the Latitude 64 2nd along with the two other brands they make, then Discraft 3rd with the Discraft and DGA brands of discs. If Latitude 64 can make the hard plastics for its putters being a much newer brand then Discraft or Innova then Discraft should be able to make a stiff plastic to use for the putters that works. I say why not drop the Soft X for just X?

Discraft is the 3rd largest Manufacture after Innova 1st and side brand plus those brand they make disc for then the Latitude 64 2nd along with the two other brands they make, then Discraft 3rd with the Discraft and DGA brands of discs. If Latitude 64 can make the hard plastics for its putters being a much newer brand then Discraft or Innova then Discraft should be able to make a stiff plastic to use for the putters that works. Also even Innova has stiff plastic for some of the putters in the regular lineup either the Stiff KC Pro Aviar the Classic Grid Aviar in DX, or the discs made in XT. I say why not have Discraft drop the Soft X for just X or have X as another alternative to the Soft X?

Preach!

Love my JB Roaches. Have only been throwing/putting them since last October so we'll see how I like them when it gets hot. I'm not as particular about a very firm flight plate as you so I hope they work year round for me. I have no clue what I'd replace them with.

350g the best stiff putter blend? You ever try anything from Gateway? The just barely legal Pure White Plastic and the Firm blend (what used to be called Soft) blow away any other other stiff baseline/midgrade blend. While I'm a Wizard guy I'm very surprised no one ever looks at the Warlock, it's a beadless Wizard available in many different blends, and you can get pairs/stacks for the price of one Luna.

350g the best stiff putter blend? You ever try anything from Gateway? The just barely legal Pure White Plastic and the Firm blend (what used to be called Soft) blow away any other other stiff baseline/midgrade blend. While I'm a Wizard guy I'm very surprised no one ever looks at the Warlock, it's a beadless Wizard available in many different blends, and you can get pairs/stacks for the price of one Luna.

tenor.gif

Even though I prefer SS now...Firm/PWP is easily the best stiff baseline on the market.

I agree with you on Gateway's base plastics, but the Warlock looks nothing like a beadless Wizard. It has a flat to nearly concave bevel.

Ha Ha. But, you can't get another Wizard or Warlock that is just like the pair that you love.

So true. I guess with Wizards you just have to find an iteration you like and then call the factory and have them pick a bunch of replacements.

I have a bunch of Wizards as practice putters and throwers, but no two are alike. I love throwing/putting them, but I won't let them make my tournament bag because I don't want to get too used to one.

Very strange discussion for beeing in the Discraft tread. .

back OT , have anyone thrown the whole Tour series fly and feel.

I've got an MJ your series swirl in the mail. Should be here by the end of the week. The man himself said they were more domey than years past, which should mean they will be nice and stable out of the box.

The most interesting Tour Series i think is the Drone, not easy to find it in ESP

I´m going to order the Zone. Buzzz. Drone. Force and maybe a Buzzz SS and Raptor Tomorrow ( Sweden release date )
Just hope i gets som nice ones. no webshop in Sweden takes photos of each disc. . on these super swirly you really want to pick your exakt disc

I have a the Tour Series Drone, Vulture, Force, and Buzzz.

I would say that for all of them the plastic feels very good. Quite grippy, and fairly stiff without being as hard as a board.

Every single one of these discs is in the more understable spectrum for that mold. The Buzzz has a decent amount of flip up out of the box, and so does the vulture compared to other runs. The Drone is very overstable, but not as much so as some Drones I've thrown in the past.

The star of the show for me was the Force. This is probably the nicest out-of-the-box Force I've ever thrown. Has just a little bit of flip up, and glides for days. That being said, it isn't flippy at all. I can really rip it flat and it will just hold the line with the slightest little drift to the right before finishing in a typical overstable driver fashion.

All the others I have are beautiful looking discs that feel great in the hand, but flight-wise they are nothing remarkable. Just sort of average to slightly understable examples of each mold.

I have a the Tour Series Drone, Vulture, Force, and Buzzz.

I would say that for all of them the plastic feels very good. Quite grippy, and fairly stiff without being as hard as a board.

Every single one of these discs is in the more understable spectrum for that mold. The Buzzz has a decent amount of flip up out of the box, and so does the vulture compared to other runs. The Drone is very overstable, but not as much so as some Drones I've thrown in the past.

The star of the show for me was the Force. This is probably the nicest out-of-the-box Force I've ever thrown. Has just a little bit of flip up, and glides for days. That being said, it isn't flippy at all. I can really rip it flat and it will just hold the line with the slightest little drift to the right before finishing in a typical overstable driver fashion.

All the others I have are beautiful looking discs that feel great in the hand, but flight-wise they are nothing remarkable. Just sort of average to slightly understable examples of each mold.

Thats sounds really good :) trying to have the Buzzz and Drone as my only Mids and Force as my only Distance driver so slight US out of the box would be GREAT

The Forces have the best swirls too. I've seen several with a bakelite quality to them.
force swirl.JPG