• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

So the new McBeth fairway! What could it be?

What it should be is the '05 players cup tracker!
Sweet old opaque Z plastic and 11x TB flight

Before the RAPTOR came out i would guess something like that.

But something like a more OS Vulture is my guess. . .or a new 7 5 0 2 disc. . Discraft needs some 7-speed discs

Before the RAPTOR came out i would guess something like that.

But something like a more OS Vulture is my guess. . .or a new 7 5 0 2 disc. . Discraft needs some 7-speed discs

Agrees, all that Discraft is doing right now is running out the huge number of Z Stalkers as the only OS fairway mold in premium plastic right now. The Stalker is more a mold just OS so an almost straight flight slight micro OS mold that can fight the wind really well so it is not even a OS mold. The Predator is considered a OS Fairway but that is not really usable by most as it is so OS and is more a mega slow fairway mold.

I think since Paul McBeth is using the Zombie, as well as the Buzz and Wasp both a faster midrange, he dose not need a fairway disc to use He has the 9 speed Raptor and 9 speed discs act like a slightly faster 8 speed fairway disc as the two speeds are hard to tell apart. Paul McBeth might just not need a fairway disc because he has the OS side covered as well as the Slower control side covered with the Zombie that he can stretch the distance on the disc if need be and is not needing a 10+ speed disc.

Casey, I am asking you again to please stop spewing nonsense, drivel, and false information. It doesn't do anyone any good for you to do so. There is at least one incorrect assertion in every one of your posts, and often many more. Just give it a rest dude. I don't want you to leave, but for goodness sake please just stick to stuff that you know to be factual.

The original trackers were a speed 7 teebird like disc. Slightly overstable brand new and beat in slow as a workhorse disc like a good teebird. These trackers that have come out since are completely different. The raptor is more overstable and faster and a completely different slot.

Just because there are speed numbers doesnt mean a company has to have a disc for each one.

Im not sure what ppl think they will be able to do with a speed 6-8 disc, versus what they have in their lineup?

Raptor/Undertaker/Mantis.... should cover every fairway/control shot you can't reach with your mids.

Last edited:
That's true and there weren't speed numbers back then so who knows what the official numbers are on that mold anyway. Bottom line is the '05 players cup tracker was a better more consistent disc for that spot than what has come out since.

And for many the speed 7-9 flies similar, but for elite level pros even 5% change in angle or speed amounts to large differences in result.

Casey, I am asking you again to please stop spewing nonsense, drivel, and false information. It doesn't do anyone any good for you to do so. There is at least one incorrect assertion in every one of your posts, and often many more. Just give it a rest dude. I don't want you to leave, but for goodness sake please just stick to stuff that you know to be factual.

Well then Maybe some other person not me thought the Stalker was going OOP.

It will be another Teebird clone.

I'm thinking it will be something like that. DC it is really empty in that speed 6-7 os spot. I think disc speed is really important & I like to fill those gaps. I guess a DC player could use a Bonzai?

The Teebird has been cloned so many times it's crazy how there are any + or - a centimeter here or there to make one without copyright issues. Rival, Instinct, Compass & so on.

My os fairway game is staying put. DC already has a large footprint in my bag & I want keep a healthy mix.

Gotta say I am really enjoying all these people on the book of faces wringing their hands over this round of mystery boxes from DC. Comedy gold IMHO.

Looking at Discraft flight chart it´s very "empty" between the 5-speed Drone and 9-speed Raptor and Predator on the very OS side. . .so a OS speed-7 is needed in the lineup

Gotta say I am really enjoying all these people on the book of faces wringing their hands over this round of mystery boxes from DC. Comedy gold IMHO.

Im guessing discraft is mainly unloading low selling accessories and plastic as "mysteries". I knew that going in but wanted at shot at the "extras".

Would have probably been more worth it to get the 10pk of discs instead of 4-5 discs and swag.

Discraft is in the spotlight this year. Everything they do will either be really loved or really hated. #innovaproblems

So will this new fairway driver be the end of the Stalker? I don't think they can afford to crowd the lineup too much like other companies do. I think if a new speed 7 straight fairway comes out it will kill the stalker and probably even cut into the necessity for the undertaker (which I think is Discraft's premier fairway driver)

Jolt, I'd argue that the overstable speed 6-7 slot is vastly unnecessary these days. For example, how many people still throw Banshees or Blazes? Xtremes or X-Clones? Vipers, Tachyons, Whippets, or Tridents? I don't really see anyone throwing these discs anymore and most are even out of production because they simply don't sell. Then, compare how many people are throwing firebirds, felons, predators, raptors, etc. Almost everyone has a disc for this slot speed.

Jolt, I'd argue that the overstable speed 6-7 slot is vastly unnecessary these days. For example, how many people still throw Banshees or Blazes? Xtremes or X-Clones? Vipers, Tachyons, Whippets, or Tridents? I don't really see anyone throwing these discs anymore and most are even out of production because they simply don't sell. Then, compare how many people are throwing firebirds, felons, predators, raptors, etc. Almost everyone has a disc for this slot speed.

I think many of the "speed-9" disc that is around 19mm Rim more feels like a driver than a fairwaydriver. . .i really like those 17-18mm Rim discs.
But i can see your point, more and more people have those 19mm as fairways and then use +22mm Drivers

For me that like max 21-22mm Rim drivers i think those 19mm fairways are to close in speed. .

But i´m old and is use to a time when Teebirds where a "Ultra long range Driver" hehe ;)

I use an FD3 or Thunderbird a lot for os FH but a beefy Teebird is as fast as I use for BH. I need to slow it down to that speed 7 to get os control because I just can't get that same snap on a BH with a faster os disc.

I think many of the "speed-9" disc that is around 19mm Rim more feels like a driver than a fairwaydriver. . .i really like those 17-18mm Rim discs.
But i can see your point, more and more people have those 19mm as fairways and then use +22mm Drivers

For me that like max 21-22mm Rim drivers i think those 19mm fairways are to close in speed. .

But i´m old and is use to a time when Teebirds where a "Ultra long range Driver" hehe ;)

I must have been just after that, the longest disc in 2004 after playing for a year with a Rubber Putter was an Orc but most player did not like that disc or the Beast both the speed 10 discs as they both had awkward rims I guess the Avenger was longer but it was hard to tell as at the time Discraft did not put the traditional numbers to there discs for the longest time. Still the Ultra long range could be found on the DX and the CE versions of the disc and the Pro had the modern set words though some discs like the Pro Shark and Pro Classic ROC still said Multipurpose on the disc even thogh the Pro Shark was in midrange on the chart and the Classic ROC was with putters at the time on the chart.

So will this new fairway driver be the end of the Stalker? I don't think they can afford to crowd the lineup too much like other companies do. I think if a new speed 7 straight fairway comes out it will kill the stalker and probably even cut into the necessity for the undertaker (which I think is Discraft's premier fairway driver)

You can pry my Tridents from my cold, dead hands

People will buy and throw whatever McBeth is pushing. The Thunderbird is the perfect example. It's measurements and flight are essentially an early Z regular Avenger (which is OOP for discraft).

But put McBeth and the "bird" suffix and you're golden