• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Are the production McBeth Z Zones super OS?

Haven't thrown one so not sure how OS they are. I'd be hesitant to buy one without seeing it first since many of the ones I've seen in shops have a little bubble dome. Not a big deal if you don't mind some dome on your Zone but I like them flat or puddle.

I think max weight Z-FLX or puddle topped cryZtal takes the cake for overstability.

I find Z-FLX in most molds is just generally less glidey which helps aswell.

Less overstable than z flx. Not particularly overstable compared to swirl esp or older production z IMO

I played with a Z Mcbeth buzzz for a short while and got it irretrievably stuck in a tree. I replaced it with a z-flx since I couldn't get a replacement like the one I lost, and completely agree. Brand new, it flew like my jawbreaker zone that I've used a lot (but don't think it's really "beat in". The z flx is more os

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone else grab any mystery boxes? I grabbed 2 of the misprint Kong boxes (3 Kongs for the price of 2) and a DC T-shirt for an additional $4.99.

Got my first stack of Tour series disc today, and after a few hours at the course. . here are som toughts.

I got, 2xFORCE, DRONE, BUZZZ SS and ZONE

They look GREAT and feels like the newer runs of ESP.

ZONE. board flat. . .it basicly flies and feels like the new stamp ESP

BUZZZ SS. . wow. i really like this one, it flies tue to it´s name "Super straight" . . i have feelt like the BUZZZ SS is to close to a slight beaten in BUZZZ so took the SS out.
But the tour series SS flies SO nice, a beat in BUZZZ have som turn and a smal fade. . this SS just goes dead straight. . LOVE it

DRONE . . well it flies like a beat in DRONE but in a better feeling plastic

FORCE . . quite flat and it flies like a beat in ESP FORCE. . out of the box my least OS one, close to the Tye-dye.
I can throw this as hard as i can and it just goes straight and have a reliable fade at the end

attachment.php

Attachments

• tour.JPG
    tour.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 218
I can also add that all five discs made my bag. . something that almost never happens

I have up to 500 discs and i love to test moulds and plastics. . but they seldom make my bag, but these did.

Need to try the Tour series BUZZZ . . but the combo of Tour series BUZZZ SS and the "quite stable" ESP Buzzz Paul McBeth makes a perfect combo. . then ad a Tour series DRONE and you have a complete mid setup

Someone thrown The Tour series BUZZZ ? less stable then the Mcbeth? ( and Ti Doss and Glow )

I'm just wrapping DGA talk into this thread since I can never seem to find the right one to put it in.

Has anyone thrown this year's signature series PL Flex Hurricane yet? I got a couple from Shasta, and the plastic is even more flexy than I expected. Going to throw it at least before league tonight, but not sure how much I'll like this plastic outside of winter months. TBD

Also got my stack of steadys. Really like the feel of them, but they are slightly different than a banger gt with no gt. The stone plastic is very stiff and kind of slick, so will need some serious wearing in before I make a judgment on it. The FF D feels great, the stock D is a little gummier than expected. Again, will throw and putt with them this week. As well as I played accidentally having only banger gts in the bag last weekend (was doing putter field work last week, went out of town and didn't have my challys) I might have an actual decision to make.

Compared steadys and banger gt side by side. No discernible difference in the disc on the wing profile. I think the difference was all plastic feel.

So, is it the steady gt and steady, or banger gt and banger? Still interested to see how they putt and fly, especially directly compared to banger gts.

Can anyone comment on the stability of tour series Drone and Vulture please?

I can comment on the Tour Series ESP drone, but I'm not sure how helpful it will be. I bought one recently to try out. I have previously thrown Drones, but it was back in the day when the only one available were in Pro D plastic. The ESP TS Drone is like one of those Pro D's after it has been seasoned a bit. Thrown hard and flat it flies fairly straight with a predictable turn at the end. I also threw it on big spike hyzers that I would normally throw with a Predator or Vulture and it worked great for that as well.

I pulled a Z Buzzz OS out of my bag to try the Drone. The Buzzz OS is way more stable and was only really useful for when it was windy. The ESP Drone is much more useful disc that is nice when I need more stability than any of my regular Buzzz's. I was kind of expecting a meat hook mid and got a much more useful slightly overstable mid.

For me the Tour series DRONE flies similar to my slightly beat Big Z DRONE. . a hair less stable and the Tour Series have more glide.

The Only Buzzz OS i have is a Pro-D and thats less OS than my Tour series DRONE

I bag the Tour series DRONE, it very OS but still very useful

Compared steadys and banger gt side by side. No discernible difference in the disc on the wing profile. I think the difference was all plastic feel.

So, is it the steady gt and steady, or banger gt and banger? Still interested to see how they putt and fly, especially directly compared to banger gts.

I always thought the Steady was made for those who would like to use the Bangor GT but do not like the GT part of the Bangor, that the GT could for some interfere with the thumb when putting.

The Steady is a great putter mold, but I am almost certain that the banger gt is a little better for me. Will take a few more days to iron it out for sure. Having so many plastic variations for the banger gt is a huge plus - and the ESP banger gt is a wonderful throwing putter too. I'll be able to compare premium plastic for throwing when I get my Midnight flyer #4 Steadys in.

The flight of the two discs is almost identical. I thought the Steady would have less glide and more overstability, but that hasn't proven true, at least throwing them. For putting, that's where I notice a little more drop with the Banger GT which I didn't expect for sure. I thought the opposite would be true.

What's the deal with the DGA Stone blend plastic? Is it supposed to be like CT?

Also on the side note of tour series discs. Has anyone thrown the ESP raptors yet? How do they compare to the stock Z's?

My max weight Z raptor is board flat and is quite OS.

So the new McBeth fairway! What could it be?

What it should be is the '05 players cup tracker!
Sweet old opaque Z plastic and 11x TB flight