• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

ESP Buzzz's made over the last few years have been on the OS side. They've been great & I hope they keep coming. Especially the PMB's.

I'd like to see PP have an ESP Buzzz signature that would be made in the 160g's & with a little softer of a blend. Something different than the beefier PMB's that are all over the place.

I miss the straighter, softer ESP's that were made years back. I've got a couple I was able to find off eBay but I'd love to see them come back.

What are ya'lls thoughts on understable mids? I'm deciding between beating in an elite-x Buzzz, Buzzz SS, and Meteor. Not a fan of the Comet (I can throw it fine, but it's a little too squirrely in the wind)...while I know the Buzzz isn't exactly the best wind fighter either, the Comet just isn't for me.

What are ya'lls thoughts on understable mids? I'm deciding between beating in an elite-x Buzzz, Buzzz SS, and Meteor. Not a fan of the Comet (I can throw it fine, but it's a little too squirrely in the wind)...while I know the Buzzz isn't exactly the best wind fighter either, the Comet just isn't for me.

Haven't thrown the buzzz ss but I've tossed a meteor around a little and it's a nice disc. Comet-ish fligh with more of a buzzz feel.

I've been throw a jb wasp for my us mid duties. If you don't want to pay a premium and I don't blame you then a buzzz ss is a great choice. The buzzz ss was the disc I used before I made the switch to the jb wasp. A fresh esp buzzz ss can handle some power when thrown flat. Then it beats into a hyzer flip machine. It is very comfortable in the hand unlike the comet imo.

I honestly thought my buzzz ss wasnt flippy enough. It just reminded me of a broken in buzzz, just lazer straight with minimal fade.

A Meteor will have great glide and natural turn. I vote for that.

Most buzzz throwers I know tend to lean on the Meteor or the Prodigy M4 for off the shelf understable mids. The buzzzSS, anecdotally, seems to be too similar to a buzzz off the shelf, but wears in much faster.

I've been throw a jb wasp for my us mid duties. If you don't want to pay a premium and I don't blame you then a buzzz ss is a great choice. The buzzz ss was the disc I used before I made the switch to the jb wasp. A fresh esp buzzz ss can handle some power when thrown flat. Then it beats into a hyzer flip machine. It is very comfortable in the hand unlike the comet imo.

Most buzzz throwers I know tend to lean on the Meteor or the Prodigy M4 for off the shelf understable mids. The buzzzSS, anecdotally, seems to be too similar to a buzzz off the shelf, but wears in much faster.

This is interesting, because I've had a more similar experience to emoney and victor (from what I remember throwing a Z SS way back in the day) where it's a little too straight for an understable mid, but ya'll are mentioning that it beats up faster? Is it that since it's a straighter disc that when it does beat up it's more noticeable? Also, thanks for the replies, sounds like Meteor or Buzzz SS. I already throw a Buzzz and the OS, so I may as well have the trio...

Last edited:

I still haven't tried an M4. Think I need to get one & see how it fits. Prodigy plastic is so good.

Got the DGA Quake in Granite a while back...fits nicely between a Buzzz and Buzzz OS or in my case between a Buzzz and Quake in the Proline.

Not sure I'd want to go all DGA. Kinda hard to comeby sometimes.

I'd throw more but all of my local shops (in Michigan...) don't carry DGA. Even most online retailers don't have a ton. I need to find me some SP Pipelines. But this is for a different thread :thmbup:

Got the DGA Quake in Granite a while back...fits nicely between a Buzzz and Buzzz OS or in my case between a Buzzz and Quake in the Proline.

Not sure I'd want to go all DGA. Kinda hard to comeby sometimes.

Thats actually exactly what pushed me away from them. They sometimes take forever to make a mold in other plastics and then dont make many of them.

Those granite quakes are so sexy. I have 4 FF Proline that should last me

Thats actually exactly what pushed me away from them.

That's a drawback from having Discraft manufacture for them. Special runs of DGA always take a backseat to Discraft (which should be no surprise to anyone really) If it's not a stock or tour series run, they become hard to find pretty quickly. I really like DGA stuff but will stick with non-TFR releases in the future.

That's a drawback from having Discraft manufacture for them. Special runs of DGA always take a backseat to Discraft (which should be no surprise to anyone really) If it's not a stock or tour series run, they become hard to find pretty quickly. I really like DGA stuff but will stick with non-TFR releases in the future.

I'm kinda in a similar boat already with my Flex Steady BLs. Bought the only one Smuggs had, but I don't know how long 2 will last me. Like a gummy Luna almost.

On another note, I grabbed a Barham TS Buzzz SS and it's in serious contention to make my bag inbetween my Comets and my FR 4X Buzzz. Super straight with a small fade. Starting to think I need to do some YT vids about DC and DGA mids, since I'm not missing many.

Well yeah, it was the first run of the McBeth 4x Buzzz's.

I'm sure there was more than one run considering how popular they were.

Man, I like Paul and all, but I cannot believe there are people that care about it being the first run of his 4x stamp.

Man, I like Paul and all, but I cannot believe there are people that care about it being the first run of his 4x stamp.

Discraft really didnt have this problem before Paul. Yeh, a old buzzz had value but the 4x paul buzzz is a year old and flies like every other buzzz.

I have owned and thrown every buzzz made. FR/2nd FR/barstamp/Ten year.....my 2019 stock Z flies exactly like the others.

The buzzz really isnt the type of disc to have big flight variances.

Latest posts