• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

I've got a few acres and a tank (pond) I that I use for practice.

Turtle is this year. The snakes last summer.

Attachments

• 888D4114-7317-4F5B-A048-4B0CDEDDCE11.jpg
    888D4114-7317-4F5B-A048-4B0CDEDDCE11.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 69
  • 2A2B7582-9C7F-483E-AEC3-D5C8002EF537.jpg
    2A2B7582-9C7F-483E-AEC3-D5C8002EF537.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 6285EA81-3986-4C3A-ACFE-8DAAE83C0D11.jpg
    6285EA81-3986-4C3A-ACFE-8DAAE83C0D11.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 71
I ran into several snakes but thing I remember most what I think was a sizable dog skeleton like 10 feet away one tee one year. It's a course I played many times and so do a ton of others, so it couldn't have been there rotting. It wasn't there next time, I just wonder what dragged it there and why.

Return visitor, this time with teepad in frame:

View attachment 74127

RAPTOR!

Several years back we had 2 golden eagles in the back yard area--neighbor caught a pic. I've been watching to see if they ever returned, but no dice.

We do see some large vultures come summertime. And in massive quantities occasionally. It is surreal sometimes.

RAPTOR!

Several years back we had 2 golden eagles in the back yard area--neighbor caught a pic. I've been watching to see if they ever returned, but no dice.

We do see some large vultures come summertime. And in massive quantities occasionally. It is surreal sometimes.

We have lots of vultures. They're actually spectacular to watch fly. Although sometimes I get the feeling they're eyeing my throwing arm with a bit too much anticipation.

Golden eagles would be cool. I don't think they live around here, though.

We have lots of vultures. They're actually spectacular to watch fly. Although sometimes I get the feeling they're eyeing my throwing arm with a bit too much anticipation.

Golden eagles would be cool. I don't think they live around here, though.

I didn't know they lived around here either! And unfortunately, haven't seen them since.

Last year, for some reason, about 100-200 vultures sat down at the back of my neighbors property, on my fence line and his. Very post apocalyptic. I've got pictures and video, but I remember looking at the video and thinking--that's not how it felt seeing all those recyclers out there. There were so many of them.

They are observant and smart too. When I or my neighbors mow/bush hog the 5-10 acres, they show up and start scanning the area for battered field mice and other small critters. It's like the dinner bell.

OK, that's a lot.

I've got a photo of 43 on a fence behind a basket. I wish they'd stay there; it's a water carry hole, and they'd set the perfect ominous mood.

We have a powerline right-of-way crossing our property with tall transmission poles, and we might get 2 dozen at a time roosting there, at certain times of the year.

100-200 would make me think they're hoping for a catastrophe.

Lots of vultures hang out on the building roof next door when I'm in the office. There is also a pair of red-shouldered hawks that show up and do aerobatics from time to time.

At my old work building a red-tailed hawk would occasionally land in tree branches a few feet from my desk on the 2nd floor. That was pretty cool.

Years ago when bald eagles were just coming off the endangered list we did a fishing trip on the Chesapeake Bay, staying at a house near Calvert Cliffs. As we rolled out of bed at some ridiculously early hour we saw multiple bald eagles soaring on the updrafts generated by the chalk cliffs. I will never forget that sight.

Baby gator at Oldsmar DGC. Hole 7 tee sign reflection can be seen in the photo.

That one has gotten pretty comfortable over there. Almost too comfortable. :popcorn:

My backyard/practice field. He's bigger than the disc.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 569ADA19-5488-41A0-8195-9957974D272B.jpg
    569ADA19-5488-41A0-8195-9957974D272B.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 306

Latest posts