• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

My stingray landed about 8 inches from a dead groundhog last night. Wish I would have just aimed for that and I probably would have parked the basket which was about 50 feet away

A Big Birdie....or an omen?

attachment.php

(We seem to be having a run of raptors recently.)

Raptor? Vulture?
Regardless what mold it is, definitely looks like some new plastic blend from Discraft.

Last edited:
Raptor? Vulture?
Regardless what mold it is, definitely looks like some new plastic blend from Discraft.

Turkey Vulture. Which I've always considered a raptor, though a quick search says they're "sometimes" considered raptors.

It would be a good disc, if they can make it glide like a vulture.

It can be hard to get them to sit still for a picture sometimes but this Cuban (brown) Anole was sleeping on the tee this morning at Picnic Island.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cuban (brown) Anole.jpg
    Cuban (brown) Anole.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 175
It can be hard to get them to sit still for a picture sometimes but this Cuban (brown) Anole was sleeping on the tee this morning at Picnic Island.

attachment.php

Those things are ALL over So Fla.

Adolescent (and stoopider) Bogey, used to go lizard hunting around the area with a BB rifle, when I had nothing better to do. If I had a particularly "good" day hunting, the insect population really blossomed over the next week or so.

:\

I saw a snake eating a toad on the course earlier today. This is the 2nd time I've seen this, several years ago I saw a snake eating a frog. Both times the toad/frog were still alive even though they were about 1/2 way down the snake's throat.

Anhinga drying off after diving for fish over at Youth Park.

attachment.php

We called those "snake birds" when I was a kid.

No photo, but two Saturdays ago, at Canaan, I saw a Bald Eagle perched on a tree not 40 feet from me. I tried to quietly get my buddies over to the correct spot to see him, but the second I did the whisper/shout for them "Get over here!" the thing nonchalantly lifted off and went to a safer spot. Mighty impressive sight. Took my breath away for a second. He was HUGE.

I have seen lots of neat wildlife while discing but the best was a weasel that hung around for several minutes. He was very curious about my white socks and came within a couple of feet of me.

saw this early sunday morning. not sure what kind of snake it is, but it sure couldn't move much (sub 50º)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20210516_071835_resized.jpg
    20210516_071835_resized.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 285