• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Most interesting critter for me was a hummingbird moth. Never knew there was such a thing before that day.

Those little guys are amazing. We have some in the summer and it's so crazy to see in person.

saw this early sunday morning. not sure what kind of snake it is, but it sure couldn't move much (sub 50º)
attachment.php

Where you at? Looks like a rubber boa.

Saw a couple of little water snakes today, living it up in the creek at Etowah. Luckily did not see their larger relatives.

Saw a couple of little water snakes today, living it up in the creek at Etowah. Luckily did not see their larger relatives.
The way all those holes are draped all over the hillsides... Etowah's a wonderfully scenic setting. Felt quite secluded, but I didn't see any critters there.:(.

I grew up in GA, but didn't play disc golf in those days. I did paddle however and got on the Etowah a lot. There's a run up toward Dawsonville that includes a 1/4 mile mine tunnel through solid rock. Not hard to do, hell you're in the dark, but quite a unique trip if you canoe or kayak. [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got bit by one about a week ago.

One of the little ones. The boys across the pond from me had caught a juveniile northern water snake, maybe 10" long, in a net. The snake didn't think it was such a fun game, and when I went to grab it, it first bluffed, then bit. Except, being so small, it was about the equivalent of me slapping Mount Rushmore.

Doing some course cleanup this morning, I saw a turkey with at least 2 chicks in tow. With faint hopes, I took those boys back this afternoon to see if we could find it -- and we did, the mom in tall grass and 6 chicks on a creekbank. The mom circled us....it would have been fitting if she'd attacked the boys, in retribution for their snake attacking me, but she didn't.

The way all those holes are draped all over the hillsides... Etowah's a wonderfully scenic setting. Felt quite secluded, but I didn't see any critters there.:(.

If you are down this way again let me know! It really is a beautiful place.

Was doing some course cleanup and ran across this little guy, about 18" long or so. It was agitated because I was moving it out of harm's way, thus the more aggressive stance than the one in SW22's recent post. I'd say it's an Eastern Garter snake. It ended up striking at me multiple times as I moved it away from where I was running the tractor.

picture.php

Saw the snake above in April. Just saw this today, much closer to the house. I've seen a snake come out of these steps before so it's not surprising.

picture.php

Brood X... They're Back

That sounds like a movie title. :D

Another one from me. This pic was taken about 20' past basket #1 at Central Assembly of God DGC. Can you count them? I would need my reading glasses to even give it a try.

picture.php

I wish I knew how to add a video without having to copy it from YouTube, etc. I took a couple videos and the sound is crazy loud. The sound reminds me of the USS Enterprise phasers from the original Star Trek.

I wish I knew how to add a video without having to copy it from YouTube, etc. I took a couple videos and the sound is crazy loud. The sound reminds me of the USS Enterprise phasers from the original Star Trek.

I played at White Clay Creek SP (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2003) yesterday and could not believe how loud it was, had a headache by the end

I got a couple loud videos from Friday evening's walk in the park. Also one bugger decided to walk up the final fairway on my shoulder on Saturday. He even sat there during my last putt.

I am having flashbacks to the 2010 world cup where the Vuvuzela took over.

They are here.