• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

At the bEast many copper heads, moccasins, grass snakes. Pulled an airwalk over a copper head in a path after it struck at my buddys boot sole. Michael Jordan would have been proud of the distance I got on that one.

Had a baby squirell at Cedar Hill follow our group running through the group now and then for about an hour. Was cool as hell.

Road runners are also common along with the occasional Bald eagle at Woodway park in Waco.

Crappy cell pics:

imagejpeg_2K-1.jpg

imagejpeg_2D.jpg

Texas Garter Snake. Red stripe, stunning irl. This individual was at our first hole during the VF mini on Saturday. Seen one of these before, it had been killed.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

0504111229b.jpg

A first for me! The elusive Texas Blind Snake. Even I with a trained eye, thought for the first split second, that I was looking at a worm. On the second blurry photo, you can just bearly make out the black eyes. Found this guy while I was cleaning up trash at Z-Boaz. The first pic is actually several days after the second. I know where this one 'lives'.

This is my most favorite thread on this site by far.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

0504111229b.jpg

A first for me! The elusive Texas Blind Snake. Even I with a trained eye, thought for the first split second, that I was looking at a worm. On the second blurry photo, you can just bearly make out the black eyes. Found this guy while I was cleaning up trash at Z-Boaz. The first pic is actually several days after the second. I know where this one 'lives'.

This is my most favorite thread on this site by far.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the coolest snakes out there. Amazing you found one.

Snake at my home course the other day,it slithered away extremely quickly,decent in length,don't know enough about it to know exactly what it was :(

Gator

My buddy Ron put this on his FB. It is in Florida at Taylor park. Crazy.

Attachments

• 207553_1811161072012_1029545522_2000118_2999621_n.jpg
    207553_1811161072012_1029545522_2000118_2999621_n.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 142
i was playing after a night of no sleep and eating that fun guy, and i sh*t you not, there was a giant fluffy bunny that must have been an escaped pet from a nearby house. this thing had to have been like 20 lbs. i chased that damn bunny all over the course, he was super slow in the fairways and i nearly caught the bastard. I knew i wasnt trippin cuz 2 days later, we found the bones and fluffy white fur scattered everywhere. Poor fella. coyote musta had himself a tasty bunny to munch on:(...

almost evrytime we play night disc out at Tye F. Cunningham we hear a gangload of coyotes yelping several holes away from us. weve only seen them once, we flashed the light and their eyes were all lit up, super creepy. they dont seem to bug us, though numerous holes they are nearly surrounding us, as the holes double back on each other, like hole 2 and hole 4. holding coyote bashers as insurance calms the nerves.

here is my boxer penny watching the deer that were watching us, I kind of freaked a bit cause instead of fleeing they came closer to watch us. I flung a nuke at em and they scattered, in the back of my mind i was remembering that video on tv of that buck boxing that hunter lol.

Attachments

• pennyphoto.JPG
    pennyphoto.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 106
here is my boxer penny watching the deer that were watching us, I kind of freaked a bit cause instead of fleeing they came closer to watch us. I flung a nuke at em and they scattered, in the back of my mind i was remembering that video on tv of that buck boxing that hunter lol.

same thing happened to me as i was searchin for a disc in the snow at channahon park last winter. the sun was about down and i could only hear them at first. i stepped into the fairway to see what was around, and all of a sudden a pack of 10-15 deer showed themselves. i was hittin my pinchy at teh time and i just froze. there was a huge buck in the front of the pack facing me about 50 feet away. we stared at each other for about 10 seconds:|. all of a sudden he bursts into a gallop of 10 paces straight towards me and stops. i drop my bag still standing there, not sure whether to sh*t or fake dead or scream. all of a sudden the deer behind that big ol buck take off the opposite way, and their leader reluctantly followed them. I immediately fell backwards in the snow in disbelief. WTF!!?

same thing happened to me as i was searchin for a disc in the snow at channahon park last winter. the sun was about down and i could only hear them at first. i stepped into the fairway to see what was around, and all of a sudden a pack of 10-15 deer showed themselves. i was hittin my pinchy at teh time and i just froze. there was a huge buck in the front of the pack facing me about 50 feet away. we stared at each other for about 10 seconds:|. all of a sudden he bursts into a gallop of 10 paces straight towards me and stops. i drop my bag still standing there, not sure whether to sh*t or fake dead or scream. all of a sudden the deer behind that big ol buck take off the opposite way, and their leader reluctantly followed them. I immediately fell backwards in the snow in disbelief. WTF!!?

In all my life, I've never seen an aggressive deer. I'm not sure I would know how to react either. I suppose the best thing to do would be to arm yourself however you can and brace for impact. :eek:

I witnessed a baby weasel get into a scuffle with a baby rabbit at White River earlier today. That was quite baffling.

Been running into chipmunks often at my home course. Other than that just squirrels. Nothing special :(