• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

I saw a tarantula hawk the other day. These guys paralyze tarantulas and drag them back to their den.

TarantulaHawk-large3-550x420.jpg
I'm not one who gets creeped out by spiders or bugs, but that thing looks pretty freaky.
I can just see that flying away with someone's mini, or blizzard plastic, for that matter...:p

A single species does exist but are very rare to see, just like the single species of land snake that lives there.
So yeah, Hawaii has no snakes...

I saw a black bear on the sierra college course in truckee a couple days ago. First time I've seen one on the course.

Saw a baby milk snake this passed week while playing Veteran's Park in Lexington. Almost stepped on the thing. Jumped about a foot in the air.

I've run into all kinds of diffrent critters on the course. From deer and jackrabits to rattlesnakes and bears. There is even one secret course we play up in the hills that one hole plays right next to a mountain lions den.

Thought I found a disc the other day lodged under some tree roots in the bank of the creek. Turned out to be a big snapping turtle. Scared the crap out of me! He darted off into the creek when I dug at it with a stick. The edge of his shell was the only thing visible. Looked just like the rim of a disc.

Don't hornets have the ability to sting you over and over again without dying?

It only got me once before I knocked the crap out of it in my backyard.

Not sure why this was moved since this happened in my backyard.No worries though,just wanted to point it out.

At my local course (Air Zoo) there is a hawk that nests in the woods that the course runs through. This hawk likes to sit on the fence between 8 and 11's tee pads and watch the players tee off. There is no words describing the feeling of having a hawk watch you tee off.

Its a little blurry but here is a still from the video i took earlier this year. Marana rock, AZ hole 13. It was about 3ft long. Epic
9dd7c142.jpg

Its a little blurry but here is a still from the video i took earlier this year. Marana rock, AZ hole 13. It was about 3ft long. Epic
9dd7c142.jpg

I have a serious phobia when it comes to snakes. So, I'm not sure whether to say kudos for being brave enough to get that close to get the picture or ask when your psych evaluation is.

My home course is Sims Park in Euclid, OH. It is a city park on the shore of Lake Erie and at time I think it is a game preserve. On a regular basis, we see a family of deer, ground hogs and squirrels galore. All sorts of water fowl and the occasional eagle. Once I even spotted a red fox while searching for a disc on one of the wooded holes.

Rick G

We always come across deer every time my husband and I play our local course. He has some pictures on his phone, but I always forget. It's actually starting to become one of the reasons I look forward to playing that particular course.

I saw a spider that freaked me the hell out in Florida. Some fire ants were all over too. I saw a wild turkey this last week. About 5 of them.