• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

I saw this at the course out west at Austin Bible Ridge Church course maybe a year ago? Maybe it was two? I don't know, I just remembered I had it on my phone all this time... Granted, it's not alive, but I got a feeling someone planted this! It was conveniently placed on a small pile of, whatever you call them, wood chips? It was over on the 17th hole...

By the way, how the hell do I put in full image in the post rather than as an attachment? I can't seem to find a FAQ telling me how.

Attachments

• IMG00015-20091219-1212.jpg
    IMG00015-20091219-1212.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 170
Well I didn't run into any critters per-say but my friends pet deer Elliott (yes, you read that correctly) played an entire round with us on Sunday. Elliott was raised by the family dog Ziggy and the 2 of them play just like normal dogs without leashes. The course is private on my friends property so we didn't have to worry about the usual pet/course rules. You've never truly golfed until you have to push a deer off the box in order to throw!

Attachments

• IMG_0644[1].jpg
    IMG_0644[1].jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 147
Hornworm Caterpillar at Nockamixon State Park - was baking in the sun on #7's tee pad. I moved it off into the shade but it was less than appreciative.

picture.php

Saw a turkey in the middle of St. Paul yesterday at Wabun DGC. The thing was almost tame and I could have taken it out with a driver and had dinner but I decided to let him live... LOL

So we were playing out at Deerfield this morning and in between our 2nd and 3rd rounds, a huge flock of geese flew about 50 feet overhead, honking and carrying on as if there was no tomorrow. One of us threw a disc up into the air but it neither hit one of them nor took off on its own migration.

Oh well, maybe next time :D

This little guy was sunbathing at Giles Run #4 tee

Funny thing is I've run into him by hole 17 before...little guy sure gets around :)

Attachments

• 1318696986926.jpg
    1318696986926.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 120
A few weeks ago my buddy and I saw a big hawk come swooping in and land on a branch right by the tee on #8 @ Schenley Park. We stood there staring and realized he was beginning to eat a chipmunk, piece by piece. Man that was the coolest/most disgusting thing I've seen. :gross: :thmbup:

Walking down 17 at Kaposia, I saw a hawk swoop and barely miss a fleeing squirrel. After it missed, the hawk perched on a branch directly above the basket and closely watched me hole out. I see deer, turkeys and other common animals when I'm disc golfing, but this was by far the coolest experience.

I was playing somewhere in the early back 9 at Roscoe Ewing Park (can't remember specifically where, somewhere bwteeen 11 and 14) and saw a doe on the other side of the treeline. I finished the hole and after my next tee shot, the doe crossed my path and looked toward me like "whats up?". It was pretty cool.

I accidentally hit a squirrel that was running across a fairway with my Buzzz a year or so ago. He rolled and, feeling terrible, I ran up to it to measure the damage. He was laying there on his side in complete shock and horror, paralyzed. I could see he was still breathing, though. I poked him with my disc, and he didn't budge. I felt horrible. An hour later, he was gone! I think/hope he was just in shock and was able to gather himself and move on.

I've stepped over two black snakes, too! Good to see them, though, as they keep venomous snakes at bay. I'm not even sure there are many dangerous snakes in NC...