• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Cycling mid range molds.

There is a Roc in my bag that has spent 7 years going from fresh to flippy. And I sometimes throw a 22 year old DX Ontario Roc.

Without judgment: you can't "cycle" anything for a few months.

Yeah I'm still thinking I may switch back to ghosts. Just couldn't quite make it work. By cycle I had a ghost that was straight a ghost that was flippy and a fresh ghost. So season is a better term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a Roc in my bag that has spent 7 years going from fresh to flippy. And I sometimes throw a 22 year old DX Ontario Roc.

Without judgment: you can't "cycle" anything for a few months.

Kind of what I was thinking. 3-4 months doesn't even really knock the new off a KC Roc.

it seems as though some people define their "cycle" as when they buy a new disc, not when one moves slots within their bag.

They moved slots in my bag. I had an icon to stay stable and seasoned excel to flippy and straight.

You have to admit though, it is rather entertaining seeing cut and dry comments posted with an end all be all kind of attitude toward the situation as if the poster is some kind of authority on the subject

And yet, you are still waiting on the discs you intend to cycle but know you don't wanna go back to not cycling. Entertaining indeed.

They moved slots in my bag. I had an icon to stay stable and seasoned excel to flippy and straight.

I honestly didn't have your comments in mind when I posted. was merely pointing out I know a few guys that will pull a three month old disc from their bag, just because they bought one with a new stamp, and they call that cycling.

And yet, you are still waiting on the discs you intend to cycle but know you don't wanna go back to not cycling. Entertaining indeed.

There's no problems with having a commitment to a game philosophy. I committed to a similar philosophy very early in my career - still haven't had a need or reason to go back.

For me it's mostly out of comfort and economy.
I find a mold that is slightly too stable for being sweetspot for it's speed/slot (i minimalized to 5, 7 & 11), play with it until it gets that little pop-up/turn (aka love) on it's intended lines/distances. Put another one into the bag, maybe heavier, for a disc that you can trust in the same shot into a slight headwind. Sooner or later you got three slots covered with each disc.

At the same time i might keep the Saint depending on how close the Explorer gets, i got a super OS Spark and a Moonshine Gladiator waiting in case i go play a open course a windy day and my mid range cycling is one beat and one less beat Compass...

Bare in mind i play wooded courses with plenty rock on fairway (we got par 4s where both sweetspots are "smooth" gneiss) and Latitudes discs has the tendency to beat in faster then Champ (maybe more like star?) and then stay at a slightly less stable flight for quite a while. For example, a beat to **** Saint Pro fly like a Saint without dome and fade... :p

Last edited:

Yes I am waiting on these discs but I do cycle just not my mids yet. That was the entire point of this thread to get suggestions on what discs may be good to cycle. Not a debate over cycling or not cycling or really anything else.

Rocs !!!!!

End thread:p

Finally, thanks. Actually as much as I'm "not an Innova guy" the roc was in the running at the end, one of my main reasons for wanting something new aside from wanting to get a cycle going was the grip, no a fan of the narrow rims. Maybe in time I'll learn how to be comfortable with them. For now I like that fairway driver feel.