• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Cycling mid range molds.

He was turning into a Discmaniac if I remember correctly. Maybe he switched to an MD3 cycle and didn't want to admit it.

He did switch to MD3 and then back to rocs or something. Some people never find a mid they like.

Then there are those of us with 20 spares in the run we enjoy lol.

He stopped playing at the end of 2019, personal stuff.

How overstable does an Emac start out? Is it a good cycling mold?

I think they're too straight at the onset.

Awesome to pair with a Verdict... But too glidey right off the bat.

Emacs are pretty Buzzz-like but I like the hand feel a bit better. I used to pair mine with a Verdict, but after moving up to elevation (and away from Midwestern winds) I found myself rarely reaching for the Verdict so I stopped bagging it.

Also, I got really lucky when it comes to the Emacs that I own. I started out with a Bio just to test the mold, and not surprisingly it beat in quick. About a month later I grabbed a couple sparkle Lucids and those discs are SUPER nice. Eric McCabe did a youtube video on all the different runs of Emacs, and he touted those as the best run he's ever used. They are just a touch more stable than regular Lucid, and they are a lot more durable than any other Lucid discs I've owned.

So maybe this is just a YMMV situation, but for me the Emac Truth has been great. Right now my mids are Drone / Emac / Emac / Evidence / Tursas. I imagine that eventually the Bio Emac will replace the Evidence, but I'm in no hurry. I like my mid lineup a lot right now and it is the backbone of my game.

Emacs are pretty Buzzz-like but I like the hand feel a bit better. I used to pair mine with a Verdict, but after moving up to elevation (and away from Midwestern winds) I found myself rarely reaching for the Verdict so I stopped bagging it.

Also, I got really lucky when it comes to the Emacs that I own. I started out with a Bio just to test the mold, and not surprisingly it beat in quick. About a month later I grabbed a couple sparkle Lucids and those discs are SUPER nice. Eric McCabe did a youtube video on all the different runs of Emacs, and he touted those as the best run he's ever used. They are just a touch more stable than regular Lucid, and they are a lot more durable than any other Lucid discs I've owned.

So maybe this is just a YMMV situation, but for me the Emac Truth has been great. Right now my mids are Drone / Emac / Emac / Evidence / Tursas. I imagine that eventually the Bio Emac will replace the Evidence, but I'm in no hurry. I like my mid lineup a lot right now and it is the backbone of my game.

Lucid-x eMac is closer to a verdict out of the box. I think with it you could use emacs in different plastics for all mid shots, but don't know if that qualifies as cycling or just mold minimization.

Anybody use the new MX-3 from Prodigy for cycling? Wasn't that their Roc?

Lucid-x eMac is closer to a verdict out of the box. I think with it you could use emacs in different plastics for all mid shots, but don't know if that qualifies as cycling or just mold minimization.

True. I haven't grabbed one of those LX Emacs though, because in general I'm not a fan of limited runs (nor a fan of the $25 price tag). As it is I feel like I rely a little too much on Lucid-X discs. Also, see previous comment about not needing a Verdict-like disc now that I play at elevation and with very little wind.

I had a Pro-D Drone cycle going a couple years ago for the lulz. 10/10 would recommend?

I cycle the following molds:

Destroyers
SOFs
Gazelles
Rocs
Scales
Wizards

I also carry fresh and beat up Firebirds, but I wouldn't call it true cycling.

What about the 24 year old DX Ontario Roc in my bag?

My 17 year old KC Roc yields to you. However, minus a few cool points for having spent the majority of its life out of your bag.
You guys are funny.

My 21-year-old 8X KC Pro Roc has beaten into such a thing of turnover beauty that it has kicked my stack of 24/25-year-old Ontarios out of the bag. I might have to break one of the (stops to count) 11 unthrown Ontarios I still have hoarded from '95-'96 out and get another one in rotation.

You guys are funny.

My 21-year-old 8X KC Pro Roc has beaten into such a thing of turnover beauty that it has kicked my stack of 24/25-year-old Ontarios out of the bag. I might have to break one of the (stops to count) 11 unthrown Ontarios I still have hoarded from '95-'96 out and get another one in rotation.

My stack of 8xKCRocs is patiently waiting for the warmer weather to get to the Midwest, along with the San [not the star remakes, but the plastic before it was called (not the WWE wrestlers either) DX] Marino rocs. Those rocs would be approximately 30 years (+/- 2 years...) old.

If I have any Ontarios they are probably in my glow bin. So those have not seen light in probably 8 years at least.

They are all being patient, but it gets harder and harder to not use them, as they probably crack in storage before they see a tree.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of 24/25 year olds in my basement, not closet:|

Sorry, couldn't help myself. /derail
Closet? The closets are upstairs. I don't think I'm allowed to look in the closets, much less have something in them. :|

#marriedwithchildren

I recently traded for a beat 169 DX pfn. The guy I traded with had to make sure that i wanted the 5/10 and not the new one.

I cycle the following molds:

Destroyers
SOFs
Gazelles
Rocs
Scales
Wizards

I also carry fresh and beat up Firebirds, but I wouldn't call it true cycling.

Is there ever Scale/Wizard overlap?
Are they different plastics?

If Dave D Still made Pro Shark Even in Newer Pro or stiffer R-Pro I would Cycle the plastic as modern DX beats in now with a single tree hit in most runs, have to look for discs that are okay as they do not run super waxy but are good in stiffness. Innova doesn't make the Pro Shark or even an R-Pro so I use the Star mold, hoping that 60% of the Discs I order are good and not ones that Should be F2 or melted back down into swirl Star touring plastic at worst. I have gotten one disc that should have been F2 Due to flashing originally and one that is Almost G-Star just missing the tacky feel that G-Star has, with That Almost G-Star Shark having a dent in the wing lucky it does not affect flight much that should have been melted back down for the Swirl Star touring plastic.

Latest posts