• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg Putting Clinic on Youtube

That's a great video! I've never really developed a (good) putting technique and I'm going to try this one out and see how I do.

wow, tried this last night after watching with a putter in hand. Tried again here at work on my portable during my morning break. I find this very difficult to do. One of my issues is keeping the nose up. I'm also struggling with getting power in the hit so it flies straight and isn't just a loft putt.

basically, I'm trying but more often than not it either flutters to the base of the basket or is a nose down lob.

Great videos for sure. So much information. THe push putt technique is something I might give a try. I am definately a spin putter like many of us here. I guess I am a little scared to try. But if you don't try it then you wont know how good it may be.

wow, tried this last night after watching with a putter in hand. Tried again here at work on my portable during my morning break. I find this very difficult to do. One of my issues is keeping the nose up. I'm also struggling with getting power in the hit so it flies straight and isn't just a loft putt.

basically, I'm trying but more often than not it either flutters to the base of the basket or is a nose down lob.

How far away are you on these?

were you there? roll call - point yourself out, lol.

Also I played at the friday doubles there one time. It is a really great course, I wish it was 18 holes. I'm going to try to make it out there more often.

No I was already registered for the ICeBowl at DeLa, I would have loved to be there. I played the weekly there Sunday...85 holes in 2days. I feel like I got hit by a truck.

How far away are you on these?

Close. Probably staying well inside 15 or 20'.

It was funny, I tossed a few away from the basket with no target and they were the best looking ones.

This is the only shot I've ever stuggled with :| I'm fairly competent with a disc or frisbee.

Close. Probably staying well inside 15 or 20'.

It was funny, I tossed a few away from the basket with no target and they were the best looking ones.

This is the only shot I've ever stuggled with :| I'm fairly competent with a disc or frisbee.

ok,,, just got back from my last break of the day and I'm only 8 to 12' out.

timing is off, still can't seem to get it slightly nose up.

I think he has the best approach in how to teach form in disc golf. He uses great references of kinesthetics to help you know what your body is doing. He really understands the mechanics for sports, and how to explain it. Best clinic I have seen.

Echo this comment. Feldberg and Ellis are two guys that excel as teachers as well as being great players.

ok,,, just got back from my last break of the day and I'm only 8 to 12' out.

timing is off, still can't seem to get it slightly nose up.

Remember, its like you are reaching out to shake someone's hand. You don't reach toward their face or toward their toes. In putting you are pushing the putter toward the bottom center of the chains in the "sweet spot". Feldberg recommends pushing a large phone book like a putter in order to get the push action down. I don't know if that is really necessary. But inside of 30 feet power shouldn't be the issue. If power is the issue then chances are you are only pushing with your arm instead of with your whole body. When you push putt the power is being generated in more than just your arm. You can use a slight rocking motion and a slight lean toward the basket at release in order to have your whole body pushing the putt into the basket. Inside 30 should be easy if the power is being generated from the right place. Just like on a drive, the arm by itself isn't enough to get it there. Same with putting. Hope that helps.

It's so wierd that this was just posted. After watching Nikko putt at a tournament this past weekend, I've been practicing his style of putt some, which is much more of a push putt than my style. I'm enjoying watching these and am definitely going to practice this style. Dave does a great job of articulating his lessons!

So I went out today to try this new stuff out as I am also a spin putter, and I'm having the same problems as giles. Not enough power and can't keep the nose up. It's probably all a timing thing in that you're weight has to shift at the same time as your arm extends or else the disc isn't going anywhere. There are a few times when I wanted to go back to my spin putt, but I resisted and decided to have a crappy putting round instead. No worries...

made some longer putts today by just keeping some of these vids in mind. maybe i should be practicing too...

This is great stuff. Thanks so much for posting. Having actual detailed instruction is a much quicker way to learn than just seeing it demonstrated a couple of times and trying to mimic pros. This is great!
I was already push putting, but this is really going to fine tune it.

I'm still a little unsure about whether to consider myself a push putter or spin putter. It seems like most people are not strictly just one or the other, but somewhere in between. For instance, I do not putt with a straight arm (I bend my elbow), but I also do not break my wrist from left to right where my wrist opens up. I end up "shaking hands with the basket" just like Dave talks about. It seems by his definition I would be a spin putter, but I had really always considered myself more of a push putter.
It would take a LOT of practice for me to get good at the style of putting that he teaches in these videos.

this was a good video, it'll me because i want to start playin tourneys soon. and also because i've been "jump putting" instead of "putt jumping" so thats something to work on.

I'm still a little unsure about whether to consider myself a push putter or spin putter. It seems like most people are not strictly just one or the other, but somewhere in between. For instance, I do not putt with a straight arm (I bend my elbow), but I also do not break my wrist from left to right where my wrist opens up. I end up "shaking hands with the basket" just like Dave talks about. It seems by his definition I would be a spin putter, but I had really always considered myself more of a push putter.
It would take a LOT of practice for me to get good at the style of putting that he teaches in these videos.

Agreed, I seem to have a blended style according to this vid. But even with a little bend in my elbow I've minimized the number of variables I have to control in one night.

Same here on the private thing. I watched all six yesterday, then tonight I was taking notes on the first three and I couldn't watch the 4th one.