• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD Soldier Bag

I paid 55 for my Innova Comp bag and 35 for Phenix quads. If my math is correct, that's 90 bones.

By comparison, 70 for the whole ensemble seems like a bargain. If anything concerns me with this bag, its that for that price, it may not be of the same construction quality that their previous bags are.

I may grab one this year, but I may wait and see what early buyers of this bag say first.

Read back some more. :thmbup:

Looks like I just found my new bag. I don't have a need for a full backpack, but this with the quads looks just about right.

I'm already tired of waiting on this bag. I look at my orange judge and I just want an orange soldier bag to put it in already. At least it should be in my possession before my birthday and first tournament weekend of the year Mar. 22-23 The grip bag is going to get retired probably all summer. I may even use the soldier bag for the GBO in May. We should have a time machine by now it's 2014!

I'm already tired of waiting on this bag. I look at my orange judge and I just want an orange soldier bag to put it in already. At least it should be in my possession before my birthday and first tournament weekend of the year Mar. 22-23 The grip bag is going to get retired probably all summer. I may even use the soldier bag for the GBO in May. We should have a time machine by now it's 2014!

We, too, are hoping to get an order of soldiers in on that time frame. Jeremy and Clay are great guys to work with, we are hoping to have them in day 1ish as well.

Sold my ranger (loved it, just don't need that big of a bag for at least a year). Plan on selling my sniper and innova straps asap. Can't wait for the sweet little bag to pop up, hope it has all the little perks i wished my sniper had.

We, too, are hoping to get an order of soldiers in on that time frame. Jeremy and Clay are great guys to work with, we are hoping to have them in day 1ish as well.

Sold my ranger (loved it, just don't need that big of a bag for at least a year). Plan on selling my sniper and innova straps asap. Can't wait for the sweet little bag to pop up, hope it has all the little perks i wished my sniper had.

Definitely will be a nice bag. I thought the original ogio was nice at that price but with two drink holders and the zippered storage it will be a sweet deal. I always liked the uchannel system on the discarrier and I think these are even sturdier. Clay and Jeremy are great I always enjoy the staff at DD. Just the friendliest people to give your money. :D It's a shame they don't get out of that store more often to play but I guess it's a good thing for us customers.

looks to be a tad smaller. FADE tourney can hold 20 to 25 discs. This appears to max out at 20 at most..most likely 18-19 is the optimal capacity.

Yeah I'd say so. Can't remember if the fade has two large drink holders or not but this bag will look a little wide when it has both loaded but overall I still would say it's slightly smaller. It will depend on what you carry and how you arrange the dividers for capacity. Optimally I'd say 5-6 distance drivers 5-6 fairways 3-4 mids, 2 Specialty discs, then 2 putters in the front pocket.

Yeah I'd say so. Can't remember if the fade has two large drink holders or not but this bag will look a little wide when it has both loaded but overall I still would say it's slightly smaller. It will depend on what you carry and how you arrange the dividers for capacity. Optimally I'd say 5-6 distance drivers 5-6 fairways 3-4 mids, 2 Specialty discs, then 2 putters in the front pocket.

FADE does has two drink holders

FADE does has two drink holders

Good to know. Fade was always my first bag purchase. They are incredibly easy to find and well priced. I still recommend them for first bags over a NutSac or DD Sniper. The sniper I own and got in the player pack. I think it's overpriced for what it is currently. It might get cheaper. The nutsac is a straight up workhorse that I did pay for and still use. Awesome bag for impromptu rounds but no real drink solution even if you buy the sling.

Saw the bright blue accents fracture gray DD Ranger today in person. So sweet looking. I'm now considering buying one when I get the Soldier. I don't need it with the grip bag I'm using but it might be nice to have something with more storage and a lighter overall weight when I don't need the grip. Seems like a waste of money though. I will probably change my mind and just buy a better basket but that ranger is sharp.

Going to be sometime in April before these are ready for sale. I spoke with Clay at DD today and looks like I'll have to carry the Grip for the Monkey Island Open but should have a Soldier bag in time for the GBO. It's apparently taking Ogio a little longer than expected.

Still excited for these, even if I decided I don't need distance drivers yet. And if I'm not adding a bunch of discs, I don't really need a bigger bag... Although I'd like to be able to carry another Ghost and Viper.

Maybe I'll have improved enough to get something out of drivers by April. Better start doing pushups....

Do these have a frame of some sort?

The divider kind of acts like a frame of sorts but the construction of the walls I guess keep it up as well. It's not a real rigid bag but it's not floppy either. Pretty standard to the others in this size I think.

April, now? Hope I can hold on to my fun money until this is out! :)

Really looking forward to this bag. Currently carry a dga elite shield. Dont need any more disc capacity for what i like to throw, the main attraction to the soldier bag are the dual bottle holders. In the hot texas summers, one water bottle just doesnt cut it for hydration and the dga elite shield wont even accomodate a larger 32oz bottle.

Looks like a nice bag and price point but I have to say I'm not a fan of the open bottom putter pocket...When the weather is cold and snow is on the ground it leaves the bottom of your putter open to wet snow when you set it on the ground. Also I would be concerned with rocky surfaces that could more easily scuff and scratch the disc in the putter pocket due to the open bottom. Perhaps it will sit high enough off the ground that this won't be an issue but still a concern IMO.

Looks like a nice bag and price point but I have to say I'm not a fan of the open bottom putter pocket...When the weather is cold and snow is on the ground it leaves the bottom of your putter open to wet snow when you set it on the ground. Also I would be concerned with rocky surfaces that could more easily scuff and scratch the disc in the putter pocket due to the open bottom. Perhaps it will sit high enough off the ground that this won't be an issue but still a concern IMO.

They sit off the bottom on the sniper and the ranger some too. It's both for look and function so you can use the bottom part to push out a putter from the bottom if there is a tight fit. It's a pretty quick mod if you choose to close it off though, a piece of fabric or even rubber could be stitched into the pocket.

It's not a concern.