• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

traded for a white F2 star destroyer today. thought i'd be safe since it had patent numbers.

has that "anhyzer top" ridge on it. ooh boy.

on a side note, anybody know how to get rid of that big ugly pen mark "X" so i can get down to business with a proper dye job?

I use 199 proof alcohol. It doesn't mar the finish like acetone.

I don't know where to get any more of this alcohol.

I realize acetone won't always work but it works the best if you are careful. It's as good as you'll do. If the ink hasn't been on long and you are lucky you can completely wipe it.

I realize acetone won't always work but it works the best if you are careful. It's as good as you'll do. If the ink hasn't been on long and you are lucky you can completely wipe it.

Yeah, acetone is da bomb......I just haven't had much luck with factory seconds and the stupid X.

I have heard one thing, I have noticed that new innova stamps have been hard to get off of late. I use acetone, but the black stamps are a pain in the butt. My friend says that he actually puts shaving cream on top of the stamp overnight, and then wipes it real quick with acetone the next morning and it has worked on everything he has tried.

I'm not sure if this technique would work for the x marking, but it might be worth a try if you are having trouble getting it off, squirt a bit before bed and hope if comes off clean in the morning. I have never had the patience to leave the shaving cream on for more than like 20 minutes though, so I haven't personally tested it. I just thought I would throw that out there.

My Mario destroyer would look better with the X removed.

mario.jpg

Yeah, acetone is da bomb......I just haven't had much luck with factory seconds and the stupid X.

I have heard one thing, I have noticed that new innova stamps have been hard to get off of late. I use acetone, but the black stamps are a pain in the butt. My friend says that he actually puts shaving cream on top of the stamp overnight, and then wipes it real quick with acetone the next morning and it has worked on everything he has tried.

I'm not sure if this technique would work for the x marking, but it might be worth a try if you are having trouble getting it off, squirt a bit before bed and hope if comes off clean in the morning. I have never had the patience to leave the shaving cream on for more than like 20 minutes though, so I haven't personally tested it. I just thought I would throw that out there.

You definitely do not want to leave acetone on overnight. I'm not going to bother digging up the thread but someone here left it for like 15 minutes and the disc was basically blistering. Granted he was actually soaking it but I still wouldn't take the chance.

Adaptive1, at least that's a small x, I have seen them three times that size. I get them in the mail, and I'm like serious? It already has a factory 2nd stamp on it, I don't see the necessity of the x, but then again, I'm not Innova, so what do I know.

You definitely do not want to leave acetone on overnight. I'm not going to bother digging up the thread but someone here left it for like 15 minutes and the disc was basically blistering. Granted he was actually soaking it but I still wouldn't take the chance.

Ummmmm.......yeah, I was talking about shaving cream, not acetone. :doh:

Adaptive1, at least that's a small x, I have seen them three times that size. I get them in the mail, and I'm like serious? It already has a factory 2nd stamp on it, I don't see the necessity of the x, but then again, I'm not Innova, so what do I know.

Wow I thought I had it bad.

yeah, each line on mine is a full inch long. i'm not even gonna bother.

and roman, that's my thought exactly. it's already a freaking x-out. let it be, stop harassing it. i suppose it keeps retailers honest, though.

I assume they are market with the ink X when they are pulled from the mold so they don't get a stock stamp. Pen first then xout stamp later because nothing leaves the innova factory unstamped.

I love PIAS and X-outs. I have found 2 *ds (patent, next run after s/ds).

Yeah, sounds like a score. Can you explain how the whole patent #'s thing works. I have like 15 destroyers, and a handful of pre flight numbers, but what's up with the patent numbers?

After the final run of S/DS molds innova started marking disc *ds. The first couple runs after resembled s/ds. I have noticed that the following run were flatter and had the same top as s/ds. My favorite destroyers are from that run so I have looked for copies since. New *ds don't have patent number and they rival my s/ds backup because of there overstablity.

Left: flat *ds and right: normal s/ds and pop top s/ds on top.
ds+verus+sds.jpg

Last edited:
I just looked over a few of my destroyers, out of the stack I looked at in my office, I have 4-5 with patent numbers.

I have an star AJ destroyer that is flat, and has the first aj stamp with patent #'s,
I have a pre flight *D with patent #s
a *ds pre flight with patent numbers.

They are all way flatter than my new aj's. Good to know. Does this work with champ plastic? Because my flat one has patent #s on it. And some of the newer champs that my friends have are more domey.

I love my friends 09 champ destroyer. However he won it from a CTP and wont give it up. I have no experience other then that disc sorry.