• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Can we get a video of you throwing it, perhaps? I'm just curious...you got one of the max weight ones right? I also got a max weight one and its been perfectly overstable. No matter how hard I throw it, it always fades back.

Sure. Next time I make it out to the course (probably tuesday) I'll get a video of it. Yea, It's a max weight 175. I don't have a big arm so I'm sure its an anomaly. I will have to take a profile pic vs my other destroyers too.

Are Star Destroyers the only ones that have been affected by these Destrulcan effect?

Tried the Gstar out and man are they flippy, worse than a beat in pro for me. Is everyone having this issue? It was max weight, thrown with a good amount of hyzer. Goes out 50 feet or so flips flat then about at 100-150 flips over and hits the ground. I use to love an old champ glow one I had but haven't found another like it.

Champ glow vs G*- I could have told you it wouldn't be the same. ;) Just playing

My G* ds is not as overstable as most of my destroyers. It flies kind of like a *d destroyer, it bombs and might turn a bit, but always comes back at the end. It might be because my max d backhand is 350-375, so stronger arms might be able to turn them over.

Tried the Gstar out and man are they flippy, worse than a beat in pro for me. Is everyone having this issue? It was max weight, thrown with a good amount of hyzer. Goes out 50 feet or so flips flat then about at 100-150 flips over and hits the ground. I use to love an old champ glow one I had but haven't found another like it.

To me, that's crazy, I don't see how it would be flipping flat after 50 feet, especially if you put hyzer on it. I dunno what to tell you man, that aint normal. Could be a dud, hate to say it, it could be bad form. Either way, it aint normal.

Like the guy above, it would be awesome to see a video of your form and the flight of this flippy g*. Any chance?

Oh I know it's my form :)) I flip just about everything that's not super stable due to an overly strong grip. I just meant the Gstar flipped worse or sooner than any other destroyer I have thrown. Don't get me wrong I love destroyers but I've got to much snap for them. Hoping they release an Ape or Xcal in it cause I love the feel.

Oh I know it's my form :)) I flip just about everything that's not super stable due to an overly strong grip. I just meant the Gstar flipped worse or sooner than any other destroyer I have thrown. Don't get me wrong I love destroyers but I've got to much snap for them. Hoping they release an Ape or Xcal in it cause I love the feel.

I think that confirms that the problem isn't the disc, it's your form. Work on your form and i think you'll see positive results. Alot of pro's have an extreme amount of snap on their throws but since their form is clean the discs fly true

I think the weight on the gstar destro's effect the stability. 174+ ones I have thrown are fairly beefy then I have thrown low 170s high 60s and they would flip up turn and not fight back.
Wiggins destros fly like destros imo. Only time I had mine flip over was in a significant headwind.

I have fallen in love in a big way with my Destroyers: 175 AJ Star, 167 bottom stamp Star meat hook, beat in 172 Champ.

Buddy gave me a 167 GStar Destroyer because (in his opinion) it was way too flippy. I threw it about 350' on a RHBH hyzer line that I typically throw my 171 Echo Star TeeBird or in wind a beat 172 Champ Destroyer and watched it flip out of the hyzer about 200' out, head right and not come back. (This is in Denver, where things are more stable anyways).

I'd suggest max weight for avoiding the flippy gstars.

Did it have a big dome? I've thrown two Gstars in the high 160s and neither has been that flippy. However, they both have had mild domes. I know that the flippiest Destroyer I've ever thrown was a really domey Echo Star...

The new stamp pop top echostar ones seem to have low plh's and flip easy, with the g star it seems the pop top ones are pretty stable (not pop top star destroyer stable) but the one ive thrown isnt easy to flip and have it hold the turn

I've been throwing a G* and loving it. It's domey and 167g I think. It will hyzer flip to flat or turn if thrown with a flat release. It's definitely more stable than my worked in AJ. I'm getting 375-400 with them consistently.

I wonder if it's the dome that does it. I like my Destroyers in the high 160s, and always seek out domey ones. I've never had my G* flip and not come back, unless I threw it with some anhyzer or into a monster headwind (like 40mph, where I would throw my bottom stamp).

The G* is money for me right out of the box. My absolute max d is in the 425ish range (not counting outliers that have gone to 475'). I'm going to put this in the hands of some of my friends who throw about 50' farther than me consistently on max d shots and see how the disc reacts. I still think it will be plenty stable and usable though, so I wonder about these super flippy G*'s.

Are they domey? Have you checked the PLH and shape compared to other Destroyers?

I am loving G* destroyers. I currently bag 3. My oldist is flippy. The 2 new ones are amazing. one is burple and the other is green metal flake. Metal flake is overstable and the burple will do what i tell it. great for anhyzer flex shots.

Snap won't flip a disc, OAT will.

No one in disc golf has too much snap, ever. That wouldn't turn your discs over either it would stabilize them on the release angle for a longer amount of time :D

Have a stupid OS DX destroyer that's got me beyond perplexed. It doesn't even really fly lol. Here I thought it might make a good MAX d driver when seasoned up too'

I continue to love my G* Destroyer. It's in the perfect spot behind my worked in Star and bottom stamp (which is less insanely OS these days actually). Thrown hard and low it will turn over into a forward penetrating anny and slowly come back to flat and fade. Man do I love that shot. Yesterday I was trying out the Destroyer (all of them) vs the Inertia for max d and the Destroyer came out on top consistently (except for that one time I caught the wind perfectly and put the Inertia in the 450 range, but that was only one throw).

I've given my domey 167 G* to someone who puts a lot of torque into his throw and probably has about 50' or so more power than me. I told him it might be a little more US for him, so he tried to throw it on a pretty high line: it faded out at maybe 350'. Threw it again on a lower power line and got it out there decently, but it was still plenty stable/OS even for him.

I continue to enjoy this G* Destroyer. I've been using it for several weeks, and it's shown little if any sign of wear. Of course, it's sharing duties with two other Destroyers and there really aren't all that may opportunities to use it on some of the courses around here (sometimes I might throw a distance driver only once or twice off the tee if that). So it doesn't see a ton of use, but it's holding up very well. I'm interested to see how it wears though.

My 167 G* Destroyer is fantastic. I can't throw it was far as my 168 Star Wraith but it gets better glide on the fade.

Probably my level of power. Wraith will hardly have any fade on full power. Destroyer will still have some fade but about 10-15 feet shorter. As I get better and am able to throw farther I hope to get that no fade out of the G*.

When you start throwing G* Destroyers where they don't fade as much do I just go up in weight or should I try a regular Star Destroyer?

Figured this would be the best place to ask or comment...wasn't McBeth using a purple star in a few tournament videos or talking about one? Were they desirable for a certain reason? I only ask because I got 3 175s in my tournament order. They're a lighter purple with some marbling to them...they look real sharp. I also got a few low 170s baby blues that look and feel nice. I swear there are about 4 distinct looking destroyers in the batch.

Saw a 167 pop top star destroyer in the store yesterday. Any guesses as to how this might fly? Would it be really overstable?