• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

The Wiggins with dome are definitely beefy, very close to the current run of AJ's. The stamp is great, the plastic is great, I'm loving them so far. Colors are a bit weak but the plastic is very grippy and durable.

The Wiggins with dome are definitely beefy, very close to the current run of AJ's. The stamp is great, the plastic is great, I'm loving them so far. Colors are a bit weak but the plastic is very grippy and durable.

How about the flat ones? My buddy has a really flat one, barely and dome, I'm gonna try and grab from him sometime.

The flat lose their high speed stability some but still have a decent dump at the end.

The dome also tends to give the disc some lift so the flat ones have a bit straighter flight path in terms of vertical movement.

So community discs had a light blue swirly aj destroyer at 167. Yup, I needed a new star destroyer, I really did. Lol. Well sorta.

So I got the F2 Echo Destroyers in today @ 170g..Please, go buy yourself 50 of them. For me they were flying consistently longer than any other disc I've ever thrown. I was hitting about 450 with them on huge hyzerflips. They were unexpectedly flippy, but they weren't too flippy. Enough that I could throw them on a slight hyzer and they'd flip up, over, ride right, and fade back around 450'.

I got a G* Destroyer some time ago and it is not how stable as i wanted it to be.
Therefore I went and got one of the newer runs * Destroyer and it is really beefy.
So I tried to find one of the older runs but could not find any. I need a less stable
destroyer that is not as flippy as G* but not as overstable as *.
Should I try Echo* maybe pro?
Any help is appreciated

I got a G* Destroyer some time ago and it is not how stable as i wanted it to be.
Therefore I went and got one of the newer runs * Destroyer and it is really beefy.
So I tried to find one of the older runs but could not find any. I need a less stable
destroyer that is not as flippy as G* but not as overstable as *.
Should I try Echo* maybe pro?
Any help is appreciated

Read up on PLH - Parting line height

Then find yourself the right ones between the two you have.

Okay, so if you take two new discs of the same mold and sit them side by side where the wings are touching, you will notice a line of spare plastic on both discs' noses. These are the "Parting Lines"...Whichever disc has the highest Parting Line will be the most overstable. PLH-Parting Line Height. Hope that's understandable.....Somewhere here on this site there's a great write up on PLH and what it is, but I'm not sure where it is. Maybe an older member can help find it?

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13889

Okay, so if you take two new discs of the same mold and sit them side by side where the wings are touching, you will notice a line of spare plastic on both discs' noses. These are the "Parting Lines"...Whichever disc has the highest Parting Line will be the most overstable. PLH-Parting Line Height. Hope that's understandable.....Somewhere here on this site there's a great write up on PLH and what it is, but I'm not sure where it is. Maybe an older member can help find it?

The runs of echo star with the new stamp have been very flippy in my experience. You'd probably have better luck with either a new g star or a pro destroyer.

The runs of echo star with the new stamp have been very flippy in my experience. You'd probably have better luck with either a new g star or a pro destroyer.

I have a G* that is not enough stable for me and a new run star that is to stable I need something in between. Is the champion as stable as the newest run star

But still if I find the new avery signature run to stable should i maybe try echo star? maybe pro?

I know what you are asking and the destroyer you want doesn't exist off the shelf in my opinion. I throw gstar and its perfect if there's no wind or a little headwind. If there's a heavier headwind I have a star destroyer that is usually too beefy for distance lines for me however flies perfect into a headwind.

So if a gstar isnt stable enough you want a star destroyer. You just have to be patient and break it in. You might also try a Scorpius. My friend throws one and says it is very slightly less stable than a star destroyer out of the box.

I have a pair of new E*s that are extremely flippy also. But they ab so lutely bomb.

The pro will probably start out exactly where you want it, but will probably beat in wayy too fast for your liking.

If you don't mind digging around some, find yourself a stiff, domey, Pre # Pro and it'll be perfection.

Pre-flight numbers. On the face of discs there are the Innova Flight Numbers. On a destroyer they are 12, 5, -1, 3 and will be incorporated into the stamp somehow. On star discs they are typically right below the "Star Destroyer" part of the stamp.

On Champion, they are right below the name I believe, but I may be wrong on that. Don't throw too much Champ.

Last edited: