• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I've heard everything. One guy on here said he used them for his beefy slot and some people say they're flip city and no glide.

I've never thrown one.

The flat 2 lines have a reputation for being flippy though.

I had a guy trade me his champ Destoryer because any Star I would get my hands on I would just turn over... So the 175 Champ gives me some nice little turn and then fights back.

Also picked up a dx stamped pink champ destro max weight that the wing looks sharper on and it does not turn at all on me.

I'm throwing in the 400-430 range

Is champ that big of a difference from star glide wise? I want to stop looking for destroyers if they all have to be perfect for me. I've been killing my DD's. Also just ordered a Legacy Outlaw, maybe that'll do the trick.

Thanks. It seems like an oddly shaped Destroyer so I was suspicious. It's pretty worn in so maybe that contributes to it's flippiness. Do Destrulcans typically fly less stable?

Destroyers mold up a little different from run to run. Some come out with a more curved nose shape others with a more sharp/slant nose like the one you pictured.

I had a guy trade me his champ Destoryer because any Star I would get my hands on I would just turn over... So the 175 Champ gives me some nice little turn and then fights back.

Also picked up a dx stamped pink champ destro max weight that the wing looks sharper on and it does not turn at all on me.

Is champ that big of a difference from star glide wise? I want to stop looking for destroyers if they all have to be perfect for me. I've been killing my DD's. Also just ordered a Legacy Outlaw, maybe that'll do the trick.

I don't think there's much noticeable difference between champ and star as far as glide goes. There are good star Destroyers out there, you just have to know what to look for. My buddy keeps going back and forth between DDs and Destroyers. So far all the DDs he has been buying have been pretty consistent. Not sure if it's because of lower production numbers or what. They are sweet distance drivers though. If you peek into the Outlaw thread and filter through the fanboy stuff you'll notice that the disc also varies in stability depending on the plastic and color of the disc. Just like this thread though, this doesn't seem to bother too many people because there's always one for somebody. It might be easier to find the plastic/color combo than a particular run of Destroyers. We'll see how that plays out for Legacy as they produce additional runs of Outlaws... I know with Rampages some colors were more stable than others but once additional runs came out those colors changed around so now you're back to xx Run xx color which might be even more confusing than just a specific run.

I still give the same advice - if you can afford it, find a current production run you like and stock up on it. No more games.

Indeed. That's why I want to find all the 2nd run fD's (fav disc) that I can and just buy them. I can put that thing on a laser straight line 400 feet. They need to make that disc a production run, it's the best fairway I've ever thrown not even a competition.

I'll see what's up when I get these outlaws. I know my Star DD is stable, I can chuck it 400 and it doesn't have any turn. My P line the same, except wind. I'm hoping to beat that one in for some turn.

Outlaws in Icon fly like a nice seasoned Destro for me. Will probably have some turn if you didn't get a Legend one. My green legends fly like a good beefy star, but I throw a little shorter than you so your milage may vary.

Might be worth looking into a Giant if you don't want turn but still have glide.

Oohhh. Came across a freakin beaut Thursday. Swirrrlyy Pat # 167g Star Destroyer. Feels so sick.

But I think I may be going away from Destroyers. I've found a secret weapon. Anyone interested PM a brotha.

I've just recently started getting up to 350+, and it's mostly been with a DX Destroyer. If I throw it a little high, it turns some and then comes back. If I keep it low with a hyzer flip, it flips to anny for a bit and then glides out with just a very small fade at the end.

I have a Star and, while it seems very overstable right now compared to my DX, I'll have to see what it does when it's more broken in.

Finally coming around on destroyers. I have two now that aren't leaving my bag anytime soon. A high PLH champ destro that has no turn and a strong fade but is more workable than my metal flake ape.
And a low PLH echo star destro that is just pure magic. It's like a longer version of the perfect leopard. Turns over effortlessly and holds the turn as long as a speed 7-8 disc, but never wants to turn and burn. On a slight hyzer release it goes out straight then starts drifting right and and keeps drifting right till a little fade back at the very end. Such an amazing disc

Oohhh. Came across a freakin beaut Thursday. Swirrrlyy Pat # 167g Star Destroyer. Feels so sick.

But I think I may be going away from Destroyers. I've found a secret weapon. Anyone interested PM a brotha.

Don't tell anyone! Just speak in hushed tones, and nod suggestively.

DX destoyers are the ****. I only get a couple of months out of them and then they are rollers but a fresh DX destroyer cannot be beat. Perfect turn and glide for days.

S PD2s are darn close to the pop top bottom stamp scorpius. More HSS and LSS out of the box, but not by a lot.

I'm about to go down the Destroyer rabbit hole. Should I take the blue or the red pill?

I wouldn't go down the rabbit hole period. Us destroyer throwers are already committed to this insanity because we know no other way. I have no idea why someone would CHOOSE to follow us. There are so many good drivers out their these days I don't see the point

I wouldn't go down the rabbit hole period. Us destroyer throwers are already committed to this insanity because we know no other way. I have no idea why someone would CHOOSE to follow us. There are so many good drivers out their these days I don't see the point

Too late for me. I've been throwing the same beat to snot * for about 3 years now. I almost lost it the other day and it made me start thinking of buying a backup or 2. Then I saw this thread and it made my palms sweaty.

Latest posts