• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Yeah, include a picture to the edge of the wing. Sitting on a flat surface.

I wouldn't go down the rabbit hole period. Us destroyer throwers are already committed to this insanity because we know no other way. I have no idea why someone would CHOOSE to follow us. There are so many good drivers out their these days I don't see the point
Sometimes I think like this. I mean.. part of the fun of Destroyers is finding those ones that you really like and then finding some backups in a stack because you KNOW exactly what you are looking for. A little mini-game outside of the actual disc golf game.

And then I think about some of my friends who just buy a replacement disc for their 'lost' drivers and don't have to really worry about having several backups...

IMG_20150506_085509 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20150506_085454 - Copy.jpg

Pics are not the best, but can you tell anything from this?
This one looks more domey than some destroyers I see.

Last edited:
^^ That's the run I like. Overstable but still has glide. Beats into a boomer.

Yes, I love this thing. It has amazing glide given how over stable it is. I use it a lot, and that's the amazing thing...that I've been able to hold onto it for 3 years. I guess it's because you pretty much know what's it going to do. It thumbs it's nose at the wind.

It's not that bad. You may not be able to find one at every shop, but they pop up regularly.

Is there a name for this type of Destroyer that people will recognize? Some of these guys are making me nervous about even throwing this guy any more! Better yet, is there a version that has similar performance that you can just go out and buy?

It's not that bad. You may not be able to find one at every shop, but they pop up regularly.

I was kidding. The weird part about actually diving into the abyss of destroyer collecting is that you know what kind of destroyer its going to be just by fondling it. So you can be in a random sports authority/dicks/ect and chance upon a nice one just by feeling it out/eyeing the PLH/ect.

which goes back to the fun of collecting them. its gambling if you order them online, but when you have a chance to actually paw at them you know what you're getting.

I bought 5 outlaws. Different colors. Threw them all for the first time together in a football field. Only two flew well enough to be considered destroyer like, one os and one straight. The other three were flippy like mambas. Outlaws are not a drop in replacement for a "good" destroyer.

In regard to the name of the destroyers that some of us here like, there is not an easy way to describe them. Notroman has some good comparison pics up that can be used as reference earlier in this thread. Some call them pd2 top, I describe it as a snub nose.

See the Paint Image attached.

The good Destroyers have that nice little fillet radius where the upper wing meets the lower. Also they generally have a smooth gradual contour to the top as it flows toward the edge of the rim. Some prefer super dome "pop top" and others prefer moderate dome.

I have not seen any flat destroyers that were not vulcan topped (other than the *D 1st runs)

The Destroyers that have a flat upper wing and sharp transition to the lower wing are less desirable. To me they are very inconsistent and tend to be more understable.

Attachments

• Destroyer Profile.png
    Destroyer Profile.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 55
In regard to the name of the destroyers that some of us here like, there is not an easy way to describe them. Notroman has some good comparison pics up that can be used as reference earlier in this thread. Some call them pd2 top, I describe it as a snub nose.

Here's the post for anyone curious: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2660637&postcount=872

I noticed that there's another new run that started popping up this spring. It looks almost identical to the "stable boomer" run but it's made with a gummy star plastic. These are not nearly as high speed stable.

Uh oh. Haha, I haven't thrown any of the new ones I've picked up this year. Time to see if they're what I think they are!

Here's the post for anyone curious: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2660637&postcount=872

I noticed that there's another new run that started popping up this spring. It looks almost identical to the "stable boomer" run but it's made with a gummy star plastic. These are not nearly as high speed stable.

I picked up a few of those. I found two blue swirly ones that are more stiff and they fly like a 6 month old SDS. I really like them! plenty of beef.

The more standard colored ones are the gummier star and they are just a tick more stable than a fresh Gstar D. If they stay there longer than Gstar, they could be great discs.

Yep. I grabbed two swirled Pink 167g Destroyers in this plastic and it is DEFINITELY different than the Star plastic that I prefer. The two that I found are VERY overstable from the limited throws I've given them.

I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come with Star plastic. WAY too gummy. Might as well stamp it as a G Star.

I picked up a few of those. I found two blue swirly ones that are more stiff and they fly like a 6 month old SDS. I really like them! plenty of beef.

The more standard colored ones are the gummier star and they are just a tick more stable than a fresh Gstar D. If they stay there longer than Gstar, they could be great discs.

I think blues from that run were the only ones that were more or less consistent with the marbling. The rest of the colors were "standard" colors without much variation as well, just like the new runs. I think the pinks and oranges may have had some with halo effects but that's about it.

Latest posts