• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I dont think there is enough love for the Patent # champs.

I love bagging the pop top ones. They are freaking bombers and super consistent. Once they season, they have very comparable glide to the stars and they stay in the sweet spot forever.

The CFR ones from 2008 are super nice. I think Innova used to take a little more care with molding newly released CFR discs. I have a Champ Destroyer from 2008 that flies just as you describe. I also have a 169 Champ Destroyer from 2008 that has a little turn and no fade. The 169 is very long especially in no wind and down wind.

I dont think there is enough love for the Patent # champs.

I love bagging the pop top ones. They are freaking bombers and super consistent. Once they season, they have very comparable glide to the stars and they stay in the sweet spot forever.

Yup! I feel like the Champ Destroyers catch some grief but that's okay. More for me! It's a continual process for me having fresh set of Destros for hyzer-bombs and flex shots while bagging others that are seasoned to the point they can take straight lines and make anny routes. The champ blend is my favorite for cycling. :thmbup:

The CFR ones from 2008 are super nice. I think Innova used to take a little more care with molding newly released CFR discs. I have a Champ Destroyer from 2008 that flies just as you describe. I also have a 169 Champ Destroyer from 2008 that has a little turn and no fade. The 169 is very long especially in no wind and down wind.

I have a few of the 2008 CFRs, but I also have some stock stamps from that same time period that are the exact same. Nice dome, nice plastic blend, very 11x champ-esque. They pair really nice with my 11x CAL Champ TBs ;)

So i was looking at picking up a couple destroyers. I was wondering is there a major difference between the bottom stamp destroyers and the regular star destroyers. Also what could i expect from a pro destroyer compared to a star destroyer. Hit me with your knowledge.

So i was looking at picking up a couple destroyers. I was wondering is there a major difference between the bottom stamp destroyers and the regular star destroyers. Also what could i expect from a pro destroyer compared to a star destroyer. Hit me with your knowledge.

The pro Destroyers can really bomb. I used to like the champ Destroyers at 175 for stable distance and pro Destoyers at 168 or so for wide open distance. A pro Destoyer with a slightly lower parting line and a decent dome has huge glide and very little fade at the end.

As always it depends what mold each Star is, and as far as the Pro goes you can expect it to be about as stable as a DX if not less stable. Personally I would just throw a DX instead of a Pro.

As always it depends what mold each Star is, and as far as the Pro goes you can expect it to be about as stable as a DX if not less stable. Personally I would just throw a DX instead of a Pro.
What makes you prefer DX to the Pro? Just the difference in stability?

G-star is another option if you want a less stable Destroyer that's good for bombing, and like the feel of it.

It really depends on what flights you're hoping to get and how far you throw on a line drive.

I can get to 380 throwing my avery jenkins star destroyer on a flat release. No turn. I'm looking to fill different holes with just one or two molds instead of 6 or 7 different molds.

They have been easier for me to control for some reason. I can get a good anhyzer out of them without it getting too flippy. Plenty of high speed turn if you want it but they seem to have more fade once they slow down without being beefy. Also they are cheap and easy to find at our local shops if I lose one.

They have been easier for me to control for some reason. I can get a good anhyzer out of them without it getting too flippy. Plenty of high speed turn if you want it but they seem to have more fade once they slow down without being beefy. Also they are cheap and easy to find at our local shops if I lose one.
Im planning on ordering about 10, I will make a couple dx. Thanks for the help.

I can get to 380 throwing my avery jenkins star destroyer on a flat release. No turn. I'm looking to fill different holes with just one or two molds instead of 6 or 7 different molds.

From my limited experience with G star Destroyers, I'd expect a very easy turn and mellow fade and likely 20-30' extra distance, with more workability. Not going to be your headwind driver, but a controllable golf max D disc for people who throw 350-400'. I love throwing mine in calm wind conditions. It is possible to flip over completely in wind if you have that power with what I have thrown and seen others throw.

Are Pro plastic Destroyers safe to buy online or are they all over the place with regard to dome and PLH? Best colors for even dome and overstable?

Are Pro plastic Destroyers safe to buy online or are they all over the place with regard to dome and PLH? Best colors for even dome and overstable?

I bought an orange Pro Destroyer a while back that was flat and flew great. So I bought another orange Pro a couple weeks later and this one was domey and more overstable. Both fly great, just different lines (which is fine with me as they both go pretty much the same distance). I end up throwing the domey one a little more as I play in the wind a lot.

Pro's used to be super reliable but are now all over the place.

Does anyone know if the g star destroyers are flat or domey? I love my g star pd. and figured I would give the destroyer a shot.

Got the first three pro destroyers. A 170 and two 172's. The 170 goes far. Put it over 425 so far on every throw. Farthest disc i've ever thrown. Makes a nice tight s and hangs in the air forever. The yellow 172 touches 400' on a straight line with a decent fade at the end. The red 172 is roller understable. I don't throw rollers hardly ever but with some work in the field i think this disc will do that for me. So pumped with what i got.

Got the first three pro destroyers. A 170 and two 172's. The 170 goes far. Put it over 425 so far on every throw. Farthest disc i've ever thrown. Makes a nice tight s and hangs in the air forever. The yellow 172 touches 400' on a straight line with a decent fade at the end. The red 172 is roller understable. I don't throw rollers hardly ever but with some work in the field i think this disc will do that for me. So pumped with what i got.

I never leave home without a pro destroyer. One of my favorite shots with them is a low line drive hyzer in the woods at about 80% power. You can get nearly max D on a very controllable throw.

My favorite driver in my bag right now is 2 pro destroyers, a 172 and a 168 x-out. Had what i thought was my first ace last week with a baby blue 172 xout pro destroyer until it popped out the backside and fell under the basket...Still love the disc though.

Latest posts