• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

oh yeah ... forgot to mention about 2-line AJs ... there's at least two versions of these as well

1) older versions with patent numbers on the bottom and typically the same color for both the destroyer and innova stamps
2) later versions WITHOUT patent numbers on the bottom and typically two different colors for the stamps.

oh yeah ... forgot to mention about 2-line AJs ... there's at least two versions of these as well

1) older versions with patent numbers on the bottom and typically the same color for both the destroyer and innova stamps
2) later versions WITHOUT patent numbers on the bottom and typically two different colors for the stamps.

I've also had a few "2-lines" that were from the SDS super hoggy run. Just snagged another one from a buddy a couple of weeks ago.

I've also had a few "2-lines" that were from the SDS super hoggy run. Just snagged another one from a buddy a couple of weeks ago.

Yep, I have a bunch of those 2-lines. They were great buys because people at the time didn't want them (ewww Avery stamps!) but also didn't know they were new old stock.

So yeah, to not add more confusion to the mix but there are new old stock discs out there. Just because it's a specific stamp on it doesn't mean the disc itself was molded at that time - it could have been sitting on a shelf blank for a year or two before finally being stamped.

To add. It really seems the only way to tell if it is 'old stock' or 'new stock' when it comes to Destroyers is the patent numbers on the bottom of the disc.

I'm sure there are slight variations within this but, for the most part, it seems like a really solid way to tell the 'age' of the Destroyer.

I think I'm just going to throw colorglow PD2's :p I have a few destroyers but now that I'm getting some forward carry on my PD2, I won't have to search for overstable destro's because that is what a pd2 is! I may keep one in the bag for windless days though.

I love the wide variations between runs of Destroyers. I see some hate it but the Destroyer is such a great disc I don't think it can ever be bad. I will find a use for any I pick up. Domey, flat, soft, firm, Vulcan topped, ect. I usually bag 4 or 5 so I'll find a spot for any Destroyer. Take it to the course, chuck it a few times and see what it's all about. Then access where its goin from there.

I'm back on the Destroyer train for the moment. I switched to throwing the Trespass for awhile, but I did not see the same distance. I am now bagging 3 Destroyers: 2 star (1 pop-top) and 1 pro. I am trading to get 2 used ones this weekend from a buddy, 1 star and 1 pro. I am hoping to have a nice setup and get the distance I was lacking with the Trespass.

how are the current run of bottom stamped star destroyers? compared to current AJ stamped stars? This is all max weight.

I think I finally may have the arm speed to throw proper star destroyers (I still like more understable discs like max weight champion tern), but have been having trouble in the wind (where I forget that I have to hyzer the hell out of my champ tern and it just quickly turns over in a head wind).

it all started when I just went max weight with my PD's and FD's (champion) and everything started to click and I could throw them fine. then the terns and now I borrow my buddies destroyers and can finally get them out there fine throwing flat or even a little hyzer.

Last edited:
how are the current run of bottom stamped star destroyers? compared to current AJ stamped stars?

I picked up a couple of the bottom-stamped ones and they are crazy-stable! The ones I picked up are more firm than the AJ blends I've tossed recently. Bottom stamps are the beefiest Destroyer I've thrown lately...too much for my arm right now. I cannot for the life of me turn these over but then again I can't throw much more than 330'. I might be able to sell/trade one if you're looking for a fresh bottom-stamp. Let me know and good luck if you plan on making the switch!

I picked up a couple of the bottom-stamped ones and they are crazy-stable! The ones I picked up are more firm than the AJ blends I've tossed recently. Bottom stamps are the beefiest Destroyer I've thrown lately...too much for my arm right now. I cannot for the life of me turn these over but then again I can't throw much more than 330'. I might be able to sell/trade one if you're looking for a fresh bottom-stamp. Let me know and good luck if you plan on making the switch!

^I bit the bug and ordered three bottom stamps and some regular AJ's and a Gstar Destroyer so I'm good for now.

I actually had some old school pearly patent # star destroyers that I luckily got with an innova factory seconds order that were mega beef even at 168g that I posted in this thread a while back. I figured I'd sell those (because I don't actually want to look for such rare destroyers if I do end up loving them) and use the money for the current [easily replaceable] stuff.

I actually had some old school pearly patent # star destroyers that I luckily got with an innova factory seconds order that were mega beef even at 168g that I posted in this thread a while back. I figured I'd sell those (because I don't actually want to look for such rare destroyers if I do end up loving them) and use the money for the current [easily replaceable] stuff.

Those F2 SDS of yours still available? Dibs. PM'd

I picked up a couple of the bottom-stamped ones and they are crazy-stable! The ones I picked up are more firm than the AJ blends I've tossed recently. Bottom stamps are the beefiest Destroyer I've thrown lately...too much for my arm right now.

Glad to read this. I replaced my lost AJ with a bottom-stamped and was like whoa! This thing is a beefcake.

Those F2 SDS of yours still available? Dibs. PM'd

FWIW, the current run bottom stamped that I have in my bag is as OS as any of my SDS's. The Throw Pink that I got is exactly the same too, with a really high PLH.

FWIW, the current run bottom stamped that I have in my bag is as OS as any of my SDS's. The Throw Pink that I got is exactly the same too, with a really high PLH.

When you sat "current run" are they the same soft, gstar - ish plastic as the current AJ's, or do they feel different?

When you sat "current run" are they the same soft, gstar - ish plastic as the current AJ's, or do they feel different?

I'd say between. Firm enough that I can tolerate them because those star-stamped g-stars are turds. I actually saw a star stamped destroyer at Scheels the other day that had the gstar sparkle and I could almost fold it in half. But yeah, not quite hard like the good oldies.

I'd say between. Firm enough that I can tolerate them because those star-stamped g-stars are turds. I actually saw a star stamped destroyer at Scheels the other day that had the gstar sparkle and I could almost fold it in half. But yeah, not quite hard like the good oldies.

Gotcha. Might have to check one out. My current beefcake isn't going anywhere or breaking in, but I desperately need a backup and I have no desire to track another '13 USDGC down. Unless anyone here has one....????

Latest posts