• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I'll look like a badass too when I throw a slightly turned over straight shot bomb and someone asks what disc I can say: "it's a new bottom stamp destroyer"

;)

I'm happy to hear that the gstar destroyer will break in quick. The gstar destroyer I got was stiffer than my new gummy star bottom stamps.

where'd you get your bottom stamps? would love to get some backups

Which is? That's interesting. Unless it's a monster domed Pro pd2 I don't believe you.:p

It's a pop top SPD2. Flies like a nice Destroyer but not overstable enough to be called a meathook. I got it as a possible meathook Destroyer replacement but it was just a boomer not a wind fighter. I understand that I probably just got a bad run. But hey.

It's a pop top SPD2. Flies like a nice Destroyer but not overstable enough to be called a meathook. I got it as a possible meathook Destroyer replacement but it was just a boomer not a wind fighter. I understand that I probably just got a bad run. But hey.

Do you like colorglow plastic? It's my favorite disc. Colorglow PD2's are amazing.

Quick questions about destroyers. I throw g*pds as my main driver. I have put a g*destroyer on the bag as well which is a little flippy. I want another destroyer that is going to be a little more stable. I figure a star destroyer would be nice but which one?

Quick questions about destroyers. I throw g*pds as my main driver. I have put a g*destroyer on the bag as well which is a little flippy. I want another destroyer that is going to be a little more stable. I figure a star destroyer would be nice but which one?

Make sure to look for very low wing or perhaps without that "snub nose" PD2 type edge to it...others can probably describe it better. You likely will want a less stable star...some stars will be like 12/4/+0.5/3.5 compared to a Gstar which can be like 12/5/-1/2.5. You are probably wanting something like 12/5/-0.5/3 I would guess...

Do beefy star Destroyers that have a very dumpy fade eventually work in to get some more distance, or do they keep enough fade that they're always kind of dumpy? I have one of the newer soft flat ones, and it is a meathook with zero turn and a hard hard fade that makes the wing go straight down into the ground. It goes 75' shorter than my beat up star or Gstar. It'll be good for wind but that fade is crazy.

Do beefy star Destroyers that have a very dumpy fade eventually work in to get some more distance, or do they keep enough fade that they're always kind of dumpy? I have one of the newer soft flat ones, and it is a meathook with zero turn and a hard hard fade that makes the wing go straight down into the ground. It goes 75' shorter than my beat up star or Gstar. It'll be good for wind but that fade is crazy.

In my experience they'll gain some forward fade before they lose any HSS. Then it'll start losing HSS but when it slows it'll still fade. feldberg calls it a disc with good structural integrity.

They'll go just as far eventually but more predictable imo.

I have one of these and I like it, but I'm not sure I have the time or patience to break it in.

It's crazy how overstable it is considering it's flat and soft star.

The only other Destroyers I've found that are this OS are the stiff pop tops.

I have one of these and I like it, but I'm not sure I have the time or patience to break it in.

It's crazy how overstable it is considering it's flat and soft star.

The only other Destroyers I've found that are this OS are the stiff pop tops.

Yeah I've thrown those too and this seems just as stable (maybe if I could throw 450+ I could tell the difference...but I can't...), but the plastic definitely scuffs up easier, hopefully leading to a faster break in. If they get a bit more forward fade while retaining HSS then it could be a great hyzer disc and headwinds when avoiding flipping is more important than distance covered. As is though it seems like spike hyzer and skip shot duty. I don't think I've ever seen the wing of a disc want to go straight into the ground as badly as with this thing though.

Yeah it should. My pop-top beefcake has gained a lot of glide and a later fade but retained a ton of lateral fade when it slows down and still refuses to show any turn. When it was new it would only go about 300', now I can actually throw it for distance.

I'm not a Destroyer thrower myself but my buddy is. As he's not really an internet guy, I figured I'd do some background work for him.

So today it seems like pretty much all the Star Destroyers are in the Pure Beef / Meathook category. At first I thought we just need to avoid the pop tops. Then it was the bottom stamps and now it sounds like even the gummy standard Stars start out really OS.

So my question is, which are the straight to slightly OS star Destroyers today? Vulcan tops? Soft ones? Or do we just need to compare the PLHs, which will probably just be pretty close to each other since they came from the same batch?

So my question is, which are the straight to slightly OS star Destroyers today? Vulcan tops? Soft ones? Or do we just need to compare the PLHs, which will probably just be pretty close to each other since they came from the same batch?

I think it's all personal preference but in my experience, the current Champion and G* runs might be what you're after. I can turn over a G* Destroyer making it the least stable Destroyer fresh out of the box. Champs still have a healthy fade, but that's nothing compared to some of the Star Destroyers I've picked up recently. I hope this helps!

I think it's all personal preference but in my experience, the current Champion and G* runs might be what you're after. I can turn over a G* Destroyer making it the least stable Destroyer fresh out of the box. Champs still have a healthy fade, but that's nothing compared to some of the Star Destroyers I've picked up recently. I hope this helps!
Well this was my understanding as well. The dude just doesn't like the GStar and DGCR community seems to look down on Champ Destroyers for some reason, so I'd like to understand the characteristics of different Star Destros a bit better.

DGCR community seems to look down on Champ Destroyers for some reason.

This I don't understand. I agree with that comment but don't know why this seems to be the case. Champ is my favorite! It okay if most folks don't go for the Champion blends...more for me!

I'm not a Destroyer thrower myself but my buddy is. As he's not really an internet guy, I figured I'd do some background work for him.

So today it seems like pretty much all the Star Destroyers are in the Pure Beef / Meathook category. At first I thought we just need to avoid the pop tops. Then it was the bottom stamps and now it sounds like even the gummy standard Stars start out really OS.

I have just gotten back into throwing Destroyers and have recently picked up a couple star and a few pro. I have 415-425' max distance (more like 380-390 golf line with consistency) and I use the two star Destroyers (one pop top) for stable to overstable shots as well as windy conditions. For distance or golf line shots I prefer the pro. They feel similar as the newer star runs are kind of gummy, but the pro has a slightly tackier grip. Also, I do not throw max weight. I prefer 168-172g as I get a little more distance, but they are still stable.

I would suggest a pro or two for your buddy and keep the stars for the stable shots. The pros will break in faster, but not super fast in my experience. I guess it all depends on the courses he is playing and the amount of trees he hits. Good luck with the search.