• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I'd say between. Firm enough that I can tolerate them because those star-stamped g-stars are turds. I actually saw a star stamped destroyer at Scheels the other day that had the gstar sparkle and I could almost fold it in half. But yeah, not quite hard like the good oldies.

I threw one of those once...did not fly at all like a Gstar, although the plastic was very Gstar like. It dumped at the end whereas the Gstar I've seen are all mellow and bomb.

I picked up a used Gstar destroyer today and it is very understable. The parting line is lower than my broken in pros that I throw for distance but it was fun out in the field after I knew what it was going to do.
Are the parting lines normally lower on the gstars? I want to pick one up that is shaped more like my pros and stars.

I'd say between. Firm enough that I can tolerate them because those star-stamped g-stars are turds. I actually saw a star stamped destroyer at Scheels the other day that had the gstar sparkle and I could almost fold it in half. But yeah, not quite hard like the good oldies.

I've got a couple of Roc3s like that. Labeled as "Star", but I'd swear they're GStar....

I picked up a 172g Eco-Star Destroyer with some tourney winnings. It would be my first time throwing this particular plastic blend...I figured it would fly like some of the AJ Star Destroyers I've thrown in the past but I won't get to try it out 'til this weekend. What should I expect?

I picked up a 172g Eco-Star Destroyer with some tourney winnings. It would be my first time throwing this particular plastic blend...I figured it would fly like some of the AJ Star Destroyers I've thrown in the past but I won't get to try it out 'til this weekend. What should I expect?

Depends on what run it is, what the wing looks like, how much dome it has. SO pretty much its very hard to say without actually getting more info on the disc or seeing the disc.

when I was throwing lighter weight distance drivers (champ terns and current star destroyers in the 160's) I tried out a 167g echostar destroyer and it was flippy like a champion tern but had more fade/dump.

if your echostar is a current run (which seem to be a lot flatter in the lighter weights) expect it to be less overstable compared to a star destroyer. If its just as stable then expect it to beat in/less overstable faster.

when I was throwing lighter weight distance drivers (champ terns and current star destroyers in the 160's) I tried out a 167g echostar destroyer and it was flippy like a champion tern but had more fade/dump.

I could actually use that along with my Terns. If I lose a Tern right because I misjudged the wind or somesuch, it is never coming back.

I could actually use that along with my Terns. If I lose a Tern right because I misjudged the wind or somesuch, it is never coming back.

there are other options too, like a G-DD2 (actually longer and straighter for me than champion terns) that handles wind great and has a little bigger fade at the end. If are ok with speed 13 rims the G-DD2 a nice Champ Tern compliment (if you want just a tick more beef).

the weird part is the S-DD2, its mentioned here before, especially the newer run shield stamp star DD2's are beefy destroyer/almost PD2 level overstablility. It has been confirmed in the discmania facebook groups at how damn overstable/beefy the new S-DD2's are.

Eventually they mellow out (it took two months for my S-DD2 to even get there and its still beefy Star Destroyer level overstablily) but I had to lend it out to 500ft power level players to confirm its overstability. they all laughed and were instantly intrigued after trying it - because you get that OS + a little turn + tons of glide for huge bombs.

Has anyone thrown the champ color glow destroyers yet? Just picked some up over the weekend with some funny money and wondered what people thought.

there are other options too, like a G-DD2 (actually longer and straighter for me than champion terns) that handles wind great and has a little bigger fade at the end. If are ok with speed 13 rims the G-DD2 a nice Champ Tern compliment (if you want just a tick more beef).

the weird part is the S-DD2, its mentioned here before, especially the newer run shield stamp star DD2's are beefy destroyer/almost PD2 level overstablility. It has been confirmed in the discmania facebook groups at how damn overstable/beefy the new S-DD2's are.

Eventually they mellow out (it took two months for my S-DD2 to even get there and its still beefy Star Destroyer level overstablily) but I had to lend it out to 500ft power level players to confirm its overstability. they all laughed and were instantly intrigued after trying it - because you get that OS + a little turn + tons of glide for huge bombs.

Trying to avoid 13 as much as possible. Heck, I'd avoid 12 if not for Terns. While Mambas are basically 11 Terns, they are just too US for me. I keep an Aries in the bag for some uses. It will fly a nice S down wind for me when I need to get around a tree and still get good D.

Trying to avoid 13 as much as possible. Heck, I'd avoid 12 if not for Terns. While Mambas are basically 11 Terns, they are just too US for me. I keep an Aries in the bag for some uses. It will fly a nice S down wind for me when I need to get around a tree and still get good D.

I'm pretty sure Terns already have a 2.3cm ("speed 13" for most companies) rim, and it's also very shallow...I don't see it being any easier to grip than a speed 13. I actually prefer the rim of a World compared to a Tern (obviously 100% different discs, but World is 14 is my point), so if you can handle the Tern don't worry about other 13's.

The Nuke is max rim though, 2.5 cm...so that's literally as big as possible. I agree with what you're saying there. Anyways, this is diverging from the initial intentions.

Has anyone thrown the champ color glow destroyers yet? Just picked some up over the weekend with some funny money and wondered what people thought.

I'm also curious. Its a fantastic blend of plastic, I'd def consider picking one up if someone here gave them the :thmbup:

the bottom stamped destroyers I got were all new gummy/g-star-ish star blend. :(

actually I'm ok with that at least I know they'll be bombers out of the box and can cycle them.

the bottom stamped destroyers I got were all new gummy/g-star-ish star blend. :(

actually I'm ok with that at least I know they'll be bombers out of the box and can cycle them.

i've been digging this run. i tried out g-star destroyers for a bit, and they were bombers out of the box. but, i was finding that they broke in shockingly quick. the new run of star i've got is somewhere b/t g-star and stiffer star, but they bomb and have been holding up real well in terms of maintaining its stability and handle moderate wind well.

They actually are a fantastic run of destroyers. That plastic tho is a big adjustment for us stubborn bastards who like what we like. I've got one in my backups pile. It's good to know you can pull a basically new disc off the shelf and have a bomber If I need one in a pinch. I just really need a backup meathook now

I'll look like a badass too when I throw a slightly turned over straight shot bomb and someone asks what disc I can say: "it's a new bottom stamp destroyer"

;)

I'm happy to hear that the gstar destroyer will break in quick. The gstar destroyer I got was stiffer than my new gummy star bottom stamps.

They actually are a fantastic run of destroyers. That plastic tho is a big adjustment for us stubborn bastards who like what we like. I've got one in my backups pile. It's good to know you can pull a basically new disc off the shelf and have a bomber If I need one in a pinch. I just really need a backup meathook now

PD2 is always a meathook destroyer, just sayin :p