• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT- 2018 Discraft Great Lakes Open

It felt like AJ was pressing a bit to be memorable/affable, but he did have some great zingers and I really liked some of his unique insight. I'm not sure how he always knew, but it was really cool to hear him talk about what the players were talking about after holes and what not. I thought that added a lot to the production, most is stuff we wouldve never known. For instance, when Feldberg had that distraction with someone loudly hitting a putt on another hole during his jump putt. I think knowing things like that give us greater insight into what the players are experiencing.

The second round vid was ok. I haven't watched the final round vid yet.

I thought splicing in some of the reactions was cool, but it was kinda hard to even read any of them. Plus, I didn't get to watch the 2nd round live, so unfortunately we were not graced with any ToothFairyRetributionManifesto comments documenting the Beast's momentous event. ;)

Lol... its was mostly just a bunch of… WOW booom! This is cray cray! for 3.5 hours, lol. A lot of talk about what Nikko's shirt looked more like. The best was Laser tag carpet leftovers. Somebody said Saved by the Bell credits, lol. It was actually fairly tame compared to other days/events... Well except the one troll who kept making comments about how nikko needed to cut his hair and look professional.

It felt like AJ was pressing a bit to be memorable/affable, but he did have some great zingers and I really liked some of his unique insight.

Agree on both accounts...

A lot of talk about what Nikko's shirt looked more like. The best was Laser tag carpet leftovers. Somebody said Saved by the Bell credits, lol.

Not sure how popular T.G.I. Fridays are across the country, but it is a family pub/grill in the MidWest. I think Nikko's shirt was actually part of their server uniforms in the 90s...

I agree with most of the comments here. I think AJ was trying a little too hard. I think he's generally a pretty funny/goofy guy but it seemed a little forced in some of this coverage. All in all it was still enjoyable to me, and I'd like to see him back on Jomez.

There's a meme here, yea?

Here's a throwback one

attachment.php

Attachments

• Jerm1.jpg
    Jerm1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 189
Jomez videos are excellent -- love how well they produce them.

Loved the Jerm/AJ commentary.

Loved what it cost me to watch/listen on youtube.

Thank-you!!

Big Jerm is basically a better player version of Gary McCord. McCord was a PGA player who was good, but not good enough to win, who made his name by being a dorky commentator.

Here are the performance tracks for MPO.

attachment.php

Attachments

• MPOGLOTracks.png
    MPOGLOTracks.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 190
Some math about Paul's second round.

On this layout, Paul would be expected to get 7 under. The fact that he got 18 under means that Paul McBeth beat Paul McBeth by 11 throws. As best I can figure, the chance of that happening is about 1 in 134,362.

On this layout, Paul would be expected to get 7 under. The fact that he got 18 under means that Paul McBeth beat Paul McBeth by 11 throws. As best I can figure, the chance of that happening is about 1 in 134,362.

Can you give us the same for Prince! Also, probability? What is the likelihood of those outcomes? :D

A ~1044 rated round was a 52-53 during the tournament (par 63). Wouldn't you say that Paul would be expected to score -10 or -11? So wouldn't he have beat himself by 7 or 8 throws?

A -7 was rated 1017. Why would you expect Paul to shoot that score?

Wouldn't he be expected to get 9 under, not 7?

162/3 rounds = 54 which would be -9 per round.

Edit: ToddL beat me to it

Last edited:
Here are the performance tracks for MPO.

attachment.php
Can you give us the same for Prince! Also, probability? What is the likelihood of those outcomes? :D
^ this please! Let's not lose sight of what this young man did.
Relative to his own game, Prince's performance might as impressive as Paul's (given both players' bodies of work).

McBeth (came in with 1044 rating): 52 + 45 + 52 = 149
Prince (came in with 994 rating): 56 +53 +49 = 158

Prince's 49 on Day 3 was only surpassed by Paul's Day 2 day insanity.
You gotta love a player that turns in better performances each day, and closes with that kind of performance.

Then again, there was only one way McBeth could go after his 2nd round. :\
The only rounds better than 52 were: McBeth's 2nd and Prince's 3rd.