• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Idlewild Open

He is also ranked first in c1 and c2 in regulation and scramble. That 105 in c1x is glaringly bad though, especially for him. He is usually a great putter.

1071 for -12 at Idle is just ****ing stupid. Chuck you really need to fix that BS. That round is harder than shooting -17 at memorial...

There were 5 guys rated over 1020 who shot E or worse.

Last edited:
I really thought Dixon was in my top 3 commentators, but after yesterday's performance he's dropped way back. Way too many attempts at lame humor. Robert mentioning all that chat super money coming in, giving people free plugs for .99, 2.00, 5.00, etc, just made the broadcast seem unprofessional. I definitely give the video side of the live production high marks, it's getting very close to broadcast quality imop. Still need some content to fill up the need for all that verbiage. (More player backstories would be awesome.) Anyone else think Kevin Jones might be the future Paul McBeth? By that I mean someone who has the skill to play the game, but also the complete package to represent the sport well and sell product. His post round interview sounded very McBeth to me.

I love love Robert McCall but I agree, that super chat stuff was a huge turn off. It was like listening to a sports talk radio where every other sentence is 1-800-Flowers and Dollar Shave Club and THEN they go to commercials.

This course is killing the FPO field. . mayor struggles. . and this is on the "easy" F9

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Odd to see Paige throw 2 throws on 18 and advance negative feet. . .she have some total meltdown holes

One of my takeaways, if you're gonna play in the woods, practice your patent pending throws. Paige did pretty much the same ting on 18 round one. Biggest mistakes people make on that throw is either pulling it (late release) or not realizing they are going to get less spin from that throw so the disc flies more stable than normal.

You could also learn to throw lefty forehand. Probably the better idea really.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
Teddy Roosevelt. I read this quote at my acceptance speech when being inducted into the Hall of Fame.