• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Idlewild Open

I really thought Dixon was in my top 3 commentators, but after yesterday's performance he's dropped way back. Way too many attempts at lame humor. Robert mentioning all that chat super money coming in, giving people free plugs for .99, 2.00, 5.00, etc, just made the broadcast seem unprofessional. I definitely give the video side of the live production high marks, it's getting very close to broadcast quality imop. Still need some content to fill up the need for all that verbiage. (More player backstories would be awesome.) Anyone else think Kevin Jones might be the future Paul McBeth? By that I mean someone who has the skill to play the game, but also the complete package to represent the sport well and sell product. His post round interview sounded very McBeth to me.

That Dixon guy is very annoying idd.

yah... I don't know why all of a sudden he's trying (hard) to be a funny guy. I really thought he would end up being a more laid back, down to earth type of commentator. Maybe he's nervous, overcompensating, etc. bummer...

I enjoyed the commentary. McCall is probably my favorite live guy and Dixon is winning me over with his humor.

Feel a need to put that out there to balance the negativity.

And honestly, there has never been a commentary team that didn't have a small handful of folks complaining about them. Those opinions aren't wrong to hold, just perspective that NOBODY is going to make EVERYBODY happy.

The answer may have been posted earlier in the thread and I missed it, but is there any post-produced coverage of this tournament?

Its hard to call shooting 33pts over your rating as a "bad day" but the kid didn't quite have what he had yesterday for sure.

7 of his last 8 rounds have been over 1000 rated and 4 of those are 1035 or higher...

One of my takeaways, if you're gonna play in the woods, practice your patent pending throws. Paige did pretty much the same ting on 18 round one. Biggest mistakes people make on that throw is either pulling it (late release) or not realizing they are going to get less spin from that throw so the disc flies more stable than normal.

You could also learn to throw lefty forehand. Probably the better idea really.

I often throw a mid upside down forehand over my head unless I need to cover serious distance. Gets me out of jail for free lots of times.

Very odd to see the lefty Zach throw righty FH...I can only guess that he don't like to throw anhyzer LHBH so he throws RHFH instead

Just dropping by to say that DGPT's wrangle on the media SUCKS. I don't have 4 hours to spend watching the whole round, hole walks and everything. And Idlewild is one of my favorite tournaments to watch, but I just can't do without the post production. Guess Imma go watch Silver Cup from last year....

Just dropping by to say that DGPT's wrangle on the media SUCKS. I don't have 4 hours to spend watching the whole round, hole walks and everything. And Idlewild is one of my favorite tournaments to watch, but I just can't do without the post production. Guess Imma go watch Silver Cup from last year....

FWIW. You know you can fast forward in YouTube, right? Just sayin'.

Every commentating crew has their own feel. Both Dixon and McCall are very good at what they do. Dixon comes prepped with more stats and info than any other person in our sport, post or live. McCall is a natural behind the mic and possibly the best voice of our sport. They are friends, and sometimes get a bit silly. Frankly, I don't mind.

I can understand that people wouldn't like him calling out all the Superchat messages, but guess what... it drove MORE Superchat messages. In fact, it drove the most Superchat we have seen (without giving away stuff). And if we can make a few hundred bucks from that, I am willing to sacrifice what some see as the professionalism of the broadcast for the cold hard cash. That may make me sound cheap, but frankly it isn't like any of us are making fat bank doing this.

I hope everyone enjoys the final day of broadcasts. 9am & 3:30 EST.

Fun to see the young players on a lead card on such a hard course. . i hope Heather Young can handle the pressure

Latest posts