• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT - Idlewild Open driven by Innova Discs & The Nati

My summary of the live team's broadcast:

"PaulPaulMcbethPaulMcbethMcbethMcbethPaulMcBethMcBethPaulPaulMcbethPaulMcbethMcbethMcbethPaulMcBethMcBethMcbethPaulMcBethMcBethPaulPaulMcbethPaulMcbethMcbethMcbethPaulPaulMcbethPaulMcbethMcbethMcbethPaulMcBethMcBethPaulPaulMcbethPaulMcbethMcbethMcbethPaulMcBethMcBethMcbethPaulMcBethMcBethPaulPaulMcbethPaulMcbethMcbethMcbeth"

At least that's how it feels.

McBeth now -8 through 9 for -18 and a tie for the lead. So ... yeah ...

My summary of the live team's broadcast:

"PaulPaulMcbethPaulMcbethMcbethMcbethPaulMcBethMcBethPaulPaulMcbethPaulMcbethMcbethMcbethPaulMcBethMcBethMcbethPaulMcBethMcBethPaulPaulMcbethPaulMcbethMcbethMcbethPaulPaulMcbethPaulMcbethMcbethMcbethPaulMcBethMcBethPaulPaulMcbethPaulMcbethMcbethMcbethPaulMcBethMcBethMcbethPaulMcBethMcBethPaulPaulMcbethPaulMcbethMcbethMcbeth"

At least that's how it feels.

Lead card through 7...-2, -3, -4, -3. McBeth through 9...-8. Can't imagine why they're paying attention to him.

:rolleyes:

Lead card through 7...-2, -3, -4, -3. McBeth through 9...-8. Can't imagine why they're paying attention to him.

:rolleyes:

It's not that they're paying attention to him in situations like now when it's obviously warranted. it's that they can't stop talking about him whether he's playing great or out of contention. It's as if they frame the entire sport of disc golf through him. Everyone knows how great Paul is, but Dixon seems to be the only commentator that dwells on it to such a degree.

And to the guy that mentioned that golf does the same thing with Tiger, you're absolutely right. In fact, they do it x10 with Tiger. And it's awful!

On an unrelated note, what a round by Paul today! He might end up with not only a win, but a multi-shot win.

I guess the response to that is...when is McBeth not in contention? At least in terms of Dixon Jowers' commentary (he hasn't called many), the last two tourneys have been dominated by McBeth's presence. I'm not sure how you can do live commentary of a tournament without mentioning the guy with the highest rating who is always within striking distance.

I dunno. Just my impression I guess.

Either way, a very minor gripe in the grand scheme of things.

And to the guy that mentioned that golf does the same thing with Tiger, you're absolutely right. In fact, they do it x10 with Tiger. And it's awful!

Read my comment again, I said it was different because McBeth is still every bit as skilled as he was...whereas Tiger is more or less a shell of his former self.

Like it or not...McBeth is the standard that top tier dg is now judged by...like Climo and to some extent Doss back in the day.

FPO Final:
Paige Pierce +8
Sarah Hokom +15
Rebecca Cox +28
Jessica Weese +29
Holly Finley +29

Congrats to Paul and Paige on good wins in challenging conditions.

Special note: seeing Holly Finley's name on leaderboards and lead cards a good bit recently. Good to see. Keep it up, Holly!

Hope this was a major learning experience for dr Jones.

That hole is a nightmare. I'm not sure there's all that much to learn from being in jail. In 2014, I was 1 shot behind the leader in a 3 round Btier looking for my first win. I threw what I thought was a great shot on that hole but hit a root or rock and kicked up and rolled back to the bottom of the first hill and under the bridge. Threw a bad pitch up the hill that hit a tree and kicked in the shule. Three shots later I lost my mind and just started picking up the disc and chucking it like baseball. I eventually took a 10 and wound up not even cashing...:doh:

Dixon mentioned near the middle of the round that Jones was a player that liked to keep a fast pace, and that the slow pace of the back 9 might impact him. I think he was right on with that observation. From the first time I saw Jones play, I thought he had potential to be a very top level player, and I believe that now more than ever. He'll learn from this and and come back stronger.