• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT - Idlewild Open driven by Innova Discs & The Nati

Here's the timing for storms and what to expect:

6 a.m. to 10 a.m.: Showers and isolated storms develop and move in for the morning rush. Heavy downpours are possible with storms.

10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Rain and storm coverage decrease and become spotty over some areas.

1 p.m. to 5 p.m.: A lull in storms but some spotty rain and storms possible.

5 p.m. to 9 p.m. A line of storms will develop ahead of the front. Storms with damaging gusty winds, large hail and heavy rain likely. Isolated tornadoes possible but not main threat.

9 p.m. to Midnight: Isolated rain and storms, otherwise cloudy.
:eek:

Looks like the course could be in rough shape Saturday morning...

Yikes. I'm playing the B-tier; I'm guessing Lincoln Ridge gets slick when it rains?

Yikes. I'm playing the B-tier; I'm guessing Lincoln Ridge gets slick when it rains?

It can for sure but as long as all that mulch they put down doesn't get washed away, it should be playable. Just be careful if you have to go down into any of the ravines...

Last edited:
McBeth, Dickerson, and James Cole were the only players to shoot a round under 60 last year. Will there be more or less than 3 rounds under 60 this year?

If we get rain all three days, then I don't know if anyone will. But the course should play a shot or two easier on a normal day, after the some of the holes were "cleaned" up...

...its hard to count out McBeth throwing a -9 or -10 with the way he has been playing...

One thing to remember about this course, is its truly set up like a championship golf course, in the fact that it keeps getting harder as the round goes on. There are plenty of birdie opportunities on the front half of the course but you have to hold on for dear life on the back9...

Supposed to going be to an outdoor wedding tomorrow night up in Columbus. Looks like it might get postponed if they cant find a reasonable indoor venue, and I've already decided to skip the rehearsal dinner tonight. Doesn't make sense to drive up there tonight if they are likely to cancel it tomorrow. So I might wind up out there spotting tomorrow and Sunday after all...

One thing to remember about this course, is its truly set up like a championship golf course, in the fact that it keeps getting harder as the round goes on. There are plenty of birdie opportunities on the front half of the course (IDLE) but you have to hold on for dear life on the back9...(WILD!)

FTFY

Go MJ!!

:eek: somebody is +15 after 4 holes...

Make that 19 thru 5... I looked up his profile and he isn't that bad. 900+ rated int player. Feel sorry for the guy because he must have lost several discs already to get that score...At first I thought it was for late penalties but he was only given a 7 on the first hole which isn't par+ 4, though it could have been an error.

Last edited:
Starting back up at noon. Looks like they are about 30 minutes behind on the teetimes after that...

I'm not sure if it was done on purpose or if there was an error listing the teetimes, but it looks like they left the teetimes at 50 past empty throughout the day. So if that is indeed the case, they should be caught up before the MPO feature card tees off... as long as there are no more delays.

Last edited: