• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT - Idlewild Open driven by Innova Discs & The Nati

They are supposed to do a shotgun start tomorrow around 730am to finish round 1. Then, if I understood them correctly, they are going to keep the same groups and teetimes for the 2nd round... if they get thru the morning without anymore delays...

Sounds like a long, ****ty day for that last card...

So what happens if the guys that didn't finish round 1...can't finish round 1 on Sat due to weather?

So based on what I read....they will try to finish up round 1, if they can't do that, they will try again on Sunday. If they can't do it then, the tournament will have to be re-scheduled. If they do finish round 1, then a decision will be made to either try to play at least 9 holes in round 2 or call the event and base the winner on round 1 scores. I'm guessing round 1 scores will be extremely important, this might be in Paul's card's favor since they will know exactly what they need to shoot. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Based on the weather forecast, I'm going to predict round 1 gets finished but the event ultimately gets called after round 1. I hope I am wrong.

I know it's kinda new territory for us in disc golf, but the notion of everything backing up and having to double up on rounds in a day is old hat for PGA events, which is essentially the model we're following here. The PGA tour is, ironically enough, in Kentucky this weekend too. They experienced all kinds of weather delays yesterday from the same storms. The players who could not finish (or start) their rounds yesterday are finishing up this morning and then going right back out starting at 1:30 for round 3. The only real difference in what they do is that since they normally play in pairs, they're grouping in threes to get more players on the course faster, at least for today. Can't really do that in disc golf with us already playing in foursomes.

Honestly, I expect that the final groups for round 2 may not finish today. They may have to finish early tomorrow morning and then they'll have to re-sort everybody by score. The good news on that front is they do have the women's cards as a bit of a buffer in which to do that re-sorting should it be necessary.

Today's live feed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO3bIU3LAq4

Well, it looks like I will be getting on the road here in a few. An Uncle got his church to host the wedding. Might be able to check in from time to time on my mom's iPhone...

Scattered storms expected to move after noon...

RIP Brutal's Saturday

giphy.gif

DGPT.com/watch is supposed to go live at noon, cdt. I've never watched one of these tournys live online so I don't know what their broadcast will be like or who the commentators are supposed to be.