• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Colors?

taylor714

Eagle Member
Just curious to hear what people find most visible in/on wooded courses?

I find orange is at the top. Green and black at the bottom.

Right now I'm debating over a yellow vs white disc.

00014_FluorescentPink-l.jpg

I've got a hunter Orange ESP Comet that practically glows...The worst colors seems to be earth tones z or champ plastic. White is also really bad here because we have lots of white sandstone.

This is my favorite Augusta wraith and I assume the first time I miss the fairway with it, I am going to lose it.

The picture doesn't show it great but that yellow/ green color is like the exact color of dying grass.

day glow stuff is always good, that hunters orange of ESP's good, and i just got a peach or flesh colored discs that's stands out well.

I think it has more to do with brightness than color. Anything day-glo (yellow/orange/green) or anything unnatural (pink, light blue) is good. White seems to get dirty and be surprisingly hard to find. Regular orange isn't very good in fall leaves. Red is always surprisingly hard to find. It seems like it would be a good color, but it's usually too dark. Dark blue is terrible, but I have some sparkle blue Comets that always surprise me the way they stand out.

I don't like online ordering that just offers "lighter" or "darker" for color choices. When I ask for lighter I mean I want something that's easy to find. More often than not though I get a pale yellow, or dingy white. Those are light, but they aren't bright.

I find that the day glow star plastic is easy to find. Champ plastic in green or yellow might as well start lost.

Though I like purple discs, I do realize they can be hard to find a times. Tye dye can be another hard one to find. I have a dayglo/neon yellow ontario roc that I think would be almost impossible to lose in the open.

Roy said:
I heard blue since it's not a color that you see in the woods.

yep, blue. certain pinks and purples are the same way, they stand out since they're so unnatural.

some yellows yellow look unnaturally bright in the hand but can disappear in dappled sunlight.

That dayglo yellow-green that some Champion discs are can be really course dependent. My friend bought a Champ Leopard in that color and it was very visible to find until we played Maximo where half the damn vegetation is that exact color when the sun is shining on it. He threw it into a bush and we never found it.

White is the best, except in winter of course :D I play with all-white bag summer time, and would play with all pink if pinks were easier to find (in stores).

These are the colors, in order, that I find to be findable.

Orange
White
Pink
Yellow
Lt. Blue
Dayglow Green, Orange, Yellow

Hunter's Orange
Neon Pink
Dayglo Yellow
White
Blue

In that order. Any fly dye is impossible to find, black is awful. Gray isn't easy on a rocky course.