• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Finding Glasses?

Blueblockers. I like to wear these sometimes and they will find light colored plastic. Green, blue, or purple is invisible tho.

ive allways wondered if a black light would help you spot bright colored discs in water
i know it does out of water.

Using a heavy duty spotlight on the water at night helps you see deep into the water.
(why am I giving advice to someone who won't return what they find?) :doh:

I'm pretty sure these glasses use the same technology behind luminous card marking. I've always wondered if this could be applied to finding discs but the science behind it is pretty guarded by people that make rigged playing cards for a living. Basically, you coat the cards in a liquid that's invisible to the human eye. The liquid is only seen using a very limited range of light on the spectrum to which you see by having lens that filter out all ranges of color but that very specific one. Or something like that.

But yeah, if you could coat your discs in something that would block out everything but them through glasses that would be a handy tool indeed.

Kind of similar topic, has anyone ever used yellow or brown tinted glasses like shooting glasses for improving visibility in the shady woods or low-light?

Kind of similar topic, has anyone ever used yellow or brown tinted glasses like shooting glasses for improving visibility in the shady woods or low-light?

I used to wear brown tinted glasses, but didn't notice a significant difference.

Supposedly brown = increased contrast, but with slight color distortion.
Yellow/amber = increased contrast with increased depth perception, as well as slight color distortion (these sound like the ideal lenses for wooded courses).

National treasure-esque glasses that you can change depending on the situation. Woohoo!

I thought this thread was about shooting glasses when I saw the title, I think glasses that you could switch between the yellow/blue would be the best.

I thought this thread was about shooting glasses when I saw the title, I think glasses that you could switch between the yellow/blue would be the best.

Somebody needs to make some Dwayne Wayne from A Different World style flip up glasses with yellow and blue. That would be awesomesauce.

I've used yellow shooting glasses while hunting. Don't know if they really made a difference or not but when the sun was down and you had just a little bit of light left I felt like they gave me an extra 5-10 minutes of possible shooting.