• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Putt Clinic with Cameron Todd and Dave Feldberg

Watched this vid on Tuesday evening right before I went to bed (and fell asleep thinking about putting :D )

Went to the course and gave it a shot. Tucking the elbow in like CT suggested made a world of difference. I wasn't getting an even push with my legs straddle (long story - short version: I'm currently in need of a 3rd recon on my left knee). Feels just like my straddle putt technique, but in a 'normal' putting stance. Probably will work with this going forward, the feel of this style of putt is so much easier than any other technique I've tried - not to mention much easier to get a good jump putt out of.

masterbeato said:
Timko said:
I like how Barry is in the crowd asking questions.

lol yeah like he doesnt know anything about the game or putting or anything haha

it just goes to show how far he is willing to go to get a lil better, and understands the fact that you can always learn something new. i am still like that.

I figured it had more to do with him asking the question for other people. First of all, because it was something he felt needed to be addressed, and second to get the others there comfortable asking questions.

I always felt I was "naturally athletic," but I need to find try to find my ath-e-letic position now. 8)

I'll throw my vote in for the "T-rex" style too (I never get David Feldbergs 'shoulder push' either..) Tried it out today for about 15 mins, and it felt great! I've been spin putting with all the misses that comes from an amateur, but this technique is going to change my score drastically. From about 20 feet away, 60-70% went dead center in the chains. 95% hit metal. Keep in mind, this is the first time I try this, so most misses where high or low. When I missed to either side, I felt immediately that I have tried to actively spin it with my wrist.

This is going to be great!

I'm waiting for the Nate Doss putting clinic! I too tried Cams putting style and liked it, but I am a constant "tinkerer". I watched some Doss putting on you tube, went out to the back yard and tried to emulate his putting. When done smoothly it is great, creates a lot of spin and force, can really flick a putter with little effort. If not smoothly, bad things (high putts, annies, etc.)