• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

To solve the ridiculous spit-out issue I've started throwing everything low into the chains, which seems to work a lot better but causes more cage hits. This is after having spit-outs on soft putts from 10, 13, and 16 feet that were dead center.

To solve the ridiculous spit-out issue I've started throwing everything low into the chains, which seems to work a lot better but causes more cage hits. This is after having spit-outs on soft putts from 10, 13, and 16 feet that were dead center.
Agreed on the spit-outs. Sticky accurate pure, close-in putt spit-out rate seems MUCH higher after this update. First putt I did in fact, 15' gentle, dead center. Nope. Hope that goes away or I may just do throw-ins for everything if more chance of staying in. I would have thought any change would have tried to ENcourage more putting, and fewer throw-ins, to make it more realistic...

I don't mind the putting mechanic change, seems very minor really. I like how so far the sliding seems to be better, and more consistent (big thing). Haven't tried all holes yet.

Love watching the rolling on hill shots. Had one roll that lasted 15 seconds. But...no more landing safely on a steep hill--most likely will roll down now. That's gonna hurt. :)

Throw-ins seem about the same, no noticeable change in effectiveness yet.

I've had nearly zero spit outs from the putting shot. I putt up to 14 meters away.

It could be related to which device we're using. I use an iPad but I think most people are using their phones. I couldn't play on my phone, it's too cramped. I feel like I have more control on the putting line with the iPad.

After many consecutive worthless disc accumulations, I was presented with two awesome choices:
-Accurate/windbreak Pioneer
-Big skip/roller Ballista

I chose the Pioneer, even though this was the first time I've been offered a Ballista. I figure that more Ballista offers will come along eventually, but the Pioneer was the ultimate control driver/forehand disc combo so I couldn't turn down that specific version. Just a bummer that both had to randomly come up at the same time.

Another new feature after the update--holes in the basket. Literally had a disc fall thru! Don't know how to embed a pic or I would...

I had extremely few spit outs on close in putts before the update so for me not device related.

After many consecutive worthless disc accumulations, I was presented with two awesome choices:
-Accurate/windbreak Pioneer
-Big skip/roller Ballista

I chose the Pioneer, even though this was the first time I've been offered a Ballista. I figure that more Ballista offers will come along eventually, but the Pioneer was the ultimate control driver/forehand disc combo so I couldn't turn down that specific version. Just a bummer that both had to randomly come up at the same time.

The Ballistas will definitely come. It took me a long time between my 2nd and 3rd, but now I get offered one probably 75% of the time. Almost always a light/wind break before the update. Only two levels since the update, and I've gotten a glide/roll one each time.

The Ballistas will definitely come. It took me a long time between my 2nd and 3rd, but now I get offered one probably 75% of the time. Almost always a light/wind break before the update. Only two levels since the update, and I've gotten a glide/roll one each time.

This makes me feel better about my decision to go for the Pioneer. The accurate/windfighter Pioneer in theory sounded like a disc that would never leave my bag, since it is the perfect candidate for the overstable slot. Couldn't pass that up.

Anyone else having trouble using the over the top route on crows nest hole 4 since the update? Can't seem to aim left or high enough...

I was wondering why I was suddenly leading the Pro Tour this week, after always finishing above 50th so far.
Now, I understand. My phone didn't update the game and I'm playing on the version 0.803, while everyone is adapting to the new one.

I'll update the game for the next week Pro Tour, so I'm not considered a cheater. Btw, I didn't use any cheats in V0.803. Even though my Light/Skip Ballista helped me on 2-3 holes. I should be back around 100th, which suits my skills in the game a lot better.

I actually bag a Recoil (Glide/Turn). The one you get for 3stars at Grizzly Gulch. It was my first driver in the game, and it will stay in the bag for sure. And then, it's very normal (Acc/Glide Pure + Acc/Wind Fuse + Acc River + Acc/Wind Musket).

Funny enough, I'm only rated 874 in the game, 133 points below my real-life rating.

Anyone else having trouble using the over the top route on crows nest hole 4 since the update? Can't seem to aim left or high enough...

I eagled it yesterday with a light/wind Recoil. There was a 1 mph wind blowing toward the basket from the tee and I aimed just at the top of the mountain at maybe the 1:00 position from the basket arrow and threw it with maybe 60-70%% hyzer. Bounced off the top of the mountain and rolled up to the basket. Of course I tried it with a slightly different 2 mph wind the next time and wound up rolling to Lord knows where OB. Wound up taking a double bogey. So is it worth the risk?

I eagled it yesterday with a light/wind Recoil. There was a 1 mph wind blowing toward the basket from the tee and I aimed just at the top of the mountain at maybe the 1:00 position from the basket arrow and threw it with maybe 60-70%% hyzer. Bounced off the top of the mountain and rolled up to the basket. Of course I tried it with a slightly different 2 mph wind the next time and wound up rolling to Lord knows where OB. Wound up taking a double bogey. So is it worth the risk?
That's the route I'm referring to but since update I cannot aim high enough. Only worked for me if wind was right, but I was 80% eagle rate when it was.

Finally hit my first albatross, on that Crow's Nest hyzer hole #3(?). Getting used to firing lower in the chains, but still having too many weird spit-outs on putts.

Overall the new disc flight physics are a big improvement, though there are still a couple of holes that need a redesign. I'm thinking of the Grizzly Gulch "switchback" par 4 where the river rollaway is very random and sometimes unavoidable, plus #8 on Crow's Nest & I think #9 on Grizzly, both of the long par 3s with the giant hills leading up to narrow caves. All of the other holes seem to work fine, or even better (#4 on Crow's Nest is way fairer now), with the new physics.

I hate that hole, although I'm landing safe more often now that I bag a Recoil (Wind/Glide)

Yeah I was using that Recoil before the update and it's still money.

I think the ground physics are worse now than before the update. The rolls (meaning "non-roller" rolls after normal air shots) are really funky, happen way too often, and simply keep rolling when they look like they should stop. Drivers (Recoils and Ballistas for me) also do really funky flips after they hit ground, though this doesn't affect the final lie as much as the rolls.

The drivers do seem to go farther now, but the ground physics definitely make it hard to land on some places that are now easier to hit but harder to stick.

I'm still curious how the pros play some holes so well with that standard bag. How about the short forehand over water with the immediate mando? (Maybe lakeside?) What's the line?

Yeah I was using that Recoil before the update and it's still money.

I think the ground physics are worse now than before the update. The rolls (meaning "non-roller" rolls after normal air shots) are really funky, happen way too often, and simply keep rolling when they look like they should stop. Drivers (Recoils and Ballistas for me) also do really funky flips after they hit ground, though this doesn't affect the final lie as much as the rolls.

The drivers do seem to go farther now, but the ground physics definitely make it hard to land on some places that are now easier to hit but harder to stick.

I'm still curious how the pros play some holes so well with that standard bag. How about the short forehand over water with the immediate mando? (Maybe lakeside?) What's the line?

I throw an explorer at that one unless there's a left to right tailwind (when I use the Fuse). I rarely ace it, usually just hope I don't get stuck behind a tree. So basically, take my two and keep it pushin'
The line I use is (I'm guessing here) aim a little high, a bit to the left of the mando, then put just enough anny on it to get it around the corner. If I cut it too close, usually it fights through the trees

Last edited:
I throw an explorer at that one unless there's a left to right tailwind (when I use the Fuse). I rarely ace it, usually just hope I don't get stuck behind a tree. So basically, take my two and keep it pushin'
The line I use is (I'm guessing here) aim a little high, a bit to the left of the mando, then put just enough anny on it to get it around the corner. If I cut it too close, usually it fights through the trees

Gotcha. I've been bagging a Wind/Fade Pioneer or Accurate/Fade Explorer (still haven't got the Wind/Accurate explorer) and tend to use one. It seems like even when I hit a similar line, I typically fade and it's 50-50 whether I'm behind those trees. I take too many threes or worse.

Gotcha. I've been bagging a Wind/Fade Pioneer or Accurate/Fade Explorer (still haven't got the Wind/Accurate explorer) and tend to use one. It seems like even when I hit a similar line, I typically fade and it's 50-50 whether I'm behind those trees. I take too many threes or worse.

Those Fade discs probably are the difference between (mostly) staying in the clearing or getting into the trees. Maybe aim farther left until you get the Wind/Acc Explorer - but I hate leaving discs hanging over the water there...it seems like they fade less there than in other spots. When we had bigger bags, I'd ace run it with a Pioneer but would end up OB or in the trees as often as not. That's one of the easier drop zone shots in the game though

You don't throw a forehand here? I've been flailing on this hole forever, becoming very familiar with the drop zone...