• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

I seem to be getting more distance on a lot of my discs, especially the drivers. My discs are also shiny.

As for putting I think I might prefer the new putting system. BUT I sucked with the old one. With the old one if I was outside of 17' I was throwing.

I'm was putting anything inside 14 meters before without much issue. I was terrible at throwing longer putts before and making most inside 30 meters now.

Agree on the distance. The explorer is getting the same but the wind break musket and light recoil are both going a lot further for me.

Got a roller disc this morning. Really finicky but now I understand the rollaway issues. I'd rather they take this back out and if they want to add a roller actually add a throw type called roller.

got a roller disc but don't know how to use it. I assumed that I should release with an extreme anny angle, but tried 6-7 throws and none of them were an actual roller. What am I doing wrong?

got a roller disc but don't know how to use it. I assumed that I should release with an extreme anny angle, but tried 6-7 throws and none of them were an actual roller. What am I doing wrong?

Well they don't exactly behave like a roller in real life but I got a few 100m drives out there with a roller river.

Release it with full power all the way up with the anhyzer angle at 90 degrees. It will go further than the indicator.

It sort of "rolls" by hopping and skipping down the fairway.

I'm enjoying the game more already, even if I'm 5 strokes back of the leaders on average.

Weird rollaways are the only thing that are a new annoyance for me.
Weird rollaways and the rolls on discs that fade in are really ugly looking. But overall I think the discs look a lot better when they hit the ground and slide and move, and the flights in the air feel more real.

Putting definitely a lot more sensitive, I can't miss left and right chains as much anymore and keep it sticking AND the tail end of the putt seems to have changed so I'm not at my angle of release at the spot where it comes off my finger.

I'm personally getting frustrated and getting some ugly scores, but it takes time. Just pushing on and figuring it out.

What are people replacing their light/skip Ballista with? Maybe finally time for a Recoil in the bag?

That's what I did. In anticipation of the update, I was bagging a Recoil instead of a Musket to get it dialed in. The Recoil is not as OS in the update as it was before though. YMMV

I don't have any confidence in my "putting" outside of 30' and use the "backhand" I can make putts longer than that at a pretty high rate, it's just that I almost never miss with the "backhand" feature. 35-footer...I'll make 80-90% using the putt feature, 98%+ throwing them in

That's also what happened before the update - so, nothing has changed! LOL.

I just realized the irony of saying I have zero confidence in the putting when I'm making 80+%. But when you're chasing the leaders in this game, 80% sucks arse

EDIT: If they completely eliminate spit-outs...my make percentage inside of 80' will be very close to 100%. Sometimes, I forget a wind adjustment and hit the cage or band instead of chains, but I literally cannot remember my last airball from that close. Thorw-ins from 150' and in - and particularly 80' and in - are the ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL keys to the game

Last edited:
Just landed a really funny and useless disc. Pioneer with extra glide, roller.

Instead of rolling it flexed out and still ended up left of the target. Lol

Am I hallucinating, or do ALL putts/throw-ins lift on the windy course? Even those with a tailwind seem to rocket up high.

For those of us NOT on auto-update, any suggestions on things to do/get/whatever before the game updates?

You should have version 0.901 (regardless of platform) by now. If you still have 0.803, I can't think of anything you "need" to do before the game updates. You keep all of your discs, for example. If you were using the hack to have >6 in your bag, the extras just go back into your stash.

Updating from 0.901 to 0.902 won't affect anything other than gameplay, i.e. nothing to prepare for

Were you thinking of something more specific than that?

Incidentally, the "Airplane Mode" trick still works post-update. All of the other "exploits" (inversions, double shots, extra bag, hyper skip) have been removed

You should have version 0.901 (regardless of platform) by now. If you still have 0.803, I can't think of anything you "need" to do before the game updates. You keep all of your discs, for example. If you were using the hack to have >6 in your bag, the extras just go back into your stash.

Updating from 0.901 to 0.902 won't affect anything other than gameplay, i.e. nothing to prepare for

Were you thinking of something more specific than that?

Incidentally, the "Airplane Mode" trick still works post-update. All of the other "exploits" (inversions, double shots, extra bag, hyper skip) have been removed
Nothing specific, just didn't want to lose anything. Hate to see the extra bag go, the others were more fun than anything, never used them in a tourney or pro tour event. Guess I will have to take it back to my fave 6. Bye compass and OS Ballista...couple holes that compass (EG, Acc) seemed to be the only solid choice in certain wind conditions.

The next they need to change the rules on OB. On most of courses it's fine but a few courses it really annoying.

A perfect example is hole 6 on Crows Nest. If you go in the water you move to a drop zone 90' from the basket and you keep going back there if you go OB. Going to a drop zone after the first OB is fine but after that you should be able to advance to where you went OB. The only time you should have to keep going back to the drop zone if for island shots, and even then a limit is appreciated.

OR if they don't want to change it they need to make a disc that will hit and stick like an extra soft and sticky Pure(think Blowfly or Gumbputt.)

The next they need to change the rules on OB. On most of courses it's fine but a few courses it really annoying.

A perfect example is hole 6 on Crows Nest. If you go in the water you move to a drop zone 90' from the basket and you keep going back there if you go OB. Going to a drop zone after the first OB is fine but after that you should be able to advance to where you went OB. The only time you should have to keep going back to the drop zone if for island shots, and even then a limit is appreciated.

OR if they don't want to change it they need to make a disc that will hit and stick like an extra soft and sticky Pure(think Blowfly or Gumbputt.)
The 'slidy-ness' (is that a word?) of some of the holes is my only real complaint about the game, to go with 100 positives. Especially on a rocky surface. But, like in real life, we just have to adapt. I don't even go around the long way anymore. I go straight and high, and if its not near the basket, its on the high mound on the left. IF you have to start from the drop zone , a big hyzer putter shot has less chance of sliding a long way. It merely bounces a little.

Or...you can just learn to get good at the 90' throw in. :) Practice til your finger falls off!

The 'slidy-ness' (is that a word?) of some of the holes is my only real complaint about the game, to go with 100 positives. Especially on a rocky surface. But, like in real life, we just have to adapt. I don't even go around the long way anymore. I go straight and high, and if its not near the basket, its on the high mound on the left. IF you have to start from the drop zone , a big hyzer putter shot has less chance of sliding a long way. It merely bounces a little.

Or...you can just learn to get good at the 90' throw in. :) Practice til your finger falls off!

Before the update I figured out a short approach shot from the DZ that would get close but with the update all my approaches just kept sliding into the water. With the new ground action I might have to add the sticky Dagger back into my bag.

This.

Learning the shot from the various drop zones is key. I'm pretty confident in that particular DZ shot (regardless of wind) and usually make the birdie three, but I've also rinsed three or four in a row fairly recently. The DZ shot I've never consistently dialed in is the one on that course, Hole 3 (133'). Hate that hole

Please try a forehand roller and report back!

I did. It's impossible. The disc flips over to the hyzer angle when going that far up on that side.

The game just isn't coded for rollers in a way that makes for usable throws.

The ground mechanics changed to make discs skip much faster on edge, it's the same reason there are so many weird rollaways

The DZ shot I've never consistently dialed in is the one on that course, Hole 3 (133'). Hate that hole
There is a fun (but worthless from a scoring perspective) route that goes to the left (of the big mountain behind the tree) and hits an interesting alley. Light big skip Ballista forehand can get you there (minimum 2 skips), but its pretty hard to hit the alley just right. But if you can, the disc comes in just on top of the basket from the cliff above. It usually skips into the water even if you hit it--it is a big skip ballista after all--but its fun to try to get through...
And agreed--seems the same wind affects throws differently from time to time on that hole. I've hit the landing area 5 times in a row then hit water 5 times in a row!