• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Is there a list out there of what discs are available at which levels? I could use an accurate Pure and a Fuse upgrade. I should probably replace that compass but it's kinda nice for the consistency on approaches.

Have you at least two starred all of the Valley courses? I think that might be where you get the extra glide/accurate Pure, and I know that's where you get the wind break/accurate Fuse. After that it's really a crap shoot. You already have a Recoil, so the only level you're looking for is like 24 or something when the Ballista becomes an option. But the other discs just come at random. I was offered nothing but putters from about level 24 until 36. Then from there to level 48 (where I am now) I got 6 Ballistas and a couple of Pures.

Have you at least two starred all of the Valley courses? I think that might be where you get the extra glide/accurate Pure, and I know that's where you get the wind break/accurate Fuse. After that it's really a crap shoot. You already have a Recoil, so the only level you're looking for is like 24 or something when the Ballista becomes an option. But the other discs just come at random. I was offered nothing but putters from about level 24 until 36. Then from there to level 48 (where I am now) I got 6 Ballistas and a couple of Pures.

After I discovered multiplayer I kinda forgot about challenging the valley. I just got the Glide/Accurate Pure from getting 2 stars on Crows Nest (and also got my first ace). I'd love an Accurate/Sticky Pure. I'm guessing that takes some random luck?

After I discovered multiplayer I kinda forgot about challenging the valley. I just got the Glide/Accurate Pure from getting 2 stars on Crows Nest (and also got my first ace). I'd love an Accurate/Sticky Pure. I'm guessing that takes some random luck?

It does. I got mine around level 40 I think. It obviously doesn't carry as far but some people prefer it. Most top players use the glide/accurate one though. And no, I'm not a top player. I just went "pro" in the last update and promptly threw several 800 rated rounds.

3 Star Windswept Fields and Harrowing Woods and you'll get the Accurate/Sticky Pure and Accurate/Wind Break Fuse respectively.

Whole list of star rewards:
Sunshine Glade
Star 1 - Beat Compass
Star 2 - Sticky Dagger
Star 3 - Glide Explorer
Blueberry Thicket
Star 1 - Beat Explorer
Star 2 - Acc Compass
Star 3 - Heavy Acc Dagger
Oak Hill
Star 1 - Base Fuse
Star 2 - Base Explorer
Star 3 - Glide Acc Compass
Lakeside
Star 1 - Base River
Star 2 - Acc Fuse
Star 3 - Acc Turn Explorer
Windswept Fields
Star 1 - Base Pure
Star 2 - Heavy Acc Compass
Star 3 - Acc Sticky Pure
Harrowing Woods
Star 1 - Base Musket
Star 2 - Skip River
Star 3 - Wind Acc Fuse
The Crow's Nest
Star 1 - Glide Sticky Dagger
Star 2 - Acc Glide Pure
Star 3 - Wind Musket
Grizzly Gulch
Star 1 - Acc Anchor
Star 2 - Acc Glide Explorer
Star 3 - Turn Recoil

It does. I got mine around level 40 I think. It obviously doesn't carry as far but some people prefer it. Most top players use the glide/accurate one though. And no, I'm not a top player. I just went "pro" in the last update and promptly threw several 800 rated rounds.

That reminds me, what bearing does rating have on the game? I notice I was Recreational divison for the first "Open" tournament, but then Advanced. I have been playing multiplayer kinda haphazardly, so my rating isn't that impressive. Is there any real benefit to being more highly rated?

That reminds me, what bearing does rating have on the game? I notice I was Recreational divison for the first "Open" tournament, but then Advanced. I have been playing multiplayer kinda haphazardly, so my rating isn't that impressive. Is there any real benefit to being more highly rated?

No benefit. Just being able to say that you're a pro. The only thing it does is decide who you're playing against on the daily and the pro tour leaderboards.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm at the point I'm losing interest where the only way to get more stars is to play pretty much perfect, birdie every hole. Games of perfection aren't that fun to me. I play perfect for 7 holes and then make a minor mistake on 8 and have to start over. Meh.

I assume you're trying for stars on the "Challenge the Valley?" Yes, that can get frustrating. I spent too much time trying to get three stars on the Lake course and the Wind/plains course recently, and still no luck.

The key is definitely to start playing lots of multiplayer games just for the XP. Coming back to get stars is a lot easier after you have at least a Musket and hopefully a Recoil.

Does anybody know how many xp you get from winning the pro tour or open tournament? Also, do you need to have a distance driver to compete in these tournaments?

I assume you're trying for stars on the "Challenge the Valley?" Yes, that can get frustrating. I spent too much time trying to get three stars on the Lake course and the Wind/plains course recently, and still no luck.

The key is definitely to start playing lots of multiplayer games just for the XP. Coming back to get stars is a lot easier after you have at least a Musket and hopefully a Recoil.

I didn't finish Crow's Nest and Grizzly Gulch's last star until I picked up a Ballista (I'm sure it's totally possible with a Recoil though). The rest are doable with a good Musket and a little luck (and a lot of restarts).

I'd say it's about 2/3 Acc/Glide and 1/3 Accurate/Sticky Pures out of the top players. It's definitely 2 Glide, 1 sticky out of the three very top players

Does anybody know how many xp you get from winning the pro tour or open tournament? Also, do you need to have a distance driver to compete in these tournaments?

Yes to your second question - you can still enter them, it's difficult to be competitive without a DD though

Open tournament 300 for winning (150 for last place)
1000 for the pro tour (500 for last)

Last edited:
I'd say it's about 2/3 Acc/Glide and 1/3 Accurate/Sticky Pures out of the top players. It's definitely 2 Glide, 1 sticky out of the three very top players

I assume glide is preferred due to throw in potential from 100-200'?

Btw, do you aim high and try to let it drop in when throwing >120' putter shots as well as Fuse ace runs?

Anyone playing the beta for the new update?

I like putting a bit better. Can't figure out how to throw a real roller even with a Roll Musket.

Anyone playing the beta for the new update?

I like putting a bit better. Can't figure out how to throw a real roller even with a Roll Musket.

I also have the beta and like the new putting mechanic. Shot -3 on my second attempt on that community course.

I assume glide is preferred due to throw in potential from 100-200'?

Btw, do you aim high and try to let it drop in when throwing >120' putter shots as well as Fuse ace runs?

As straight and low as possible - obviously you have to put a little air under them on longer shots - but they're slamming into the chains just above the top of the basket (when done properly)

Sticky is better for me - there's a couple of the par 3s I have to throw Fuse instead of Pure, but I have less spit outs and am generally more accurate since I switched to Sticky (never going back)

As straight and low as possible - obviously you have to put a little air under them on longer shots - but they're slamming into the chains just above the top of the basket (when done properly)

Sticky is better for me - there's a couple of the par 3s I have to throw Fuse instead of Pure, but I have less spit outs and am generally more accurate since I switched to Sticky (never going back)

I definitely like the acc/sticky Pure, but have been using the acc/glide Fuse and kinda like it. I don't have the sticky Fuse yet. So you're using the both sticky Pure and Fuse?

I'm having the same experience. I switched to the accurate/sticky Pure yesterday and doubt I'll go back. It's a slight adjustment just like going from the accurate/glide Fuse to the accurate/wind one. But in both cases I just have to disc up on the shots that are too long without the glide, just like you mention here with discing up to the Fuse.