• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Disc Golf Vending Machine

zenbot

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
69863_10152638537110063_1403171222_n.jpg

Teeboxx at Kendall Indian Hammocks

DISCuss.

:popcorn:

omg we're turning in to Japan.... soon you'll be able to buy used panties here too.

110827_nakano_broadway_otaku_tokyo_shops_anime_vinyl_toys_7.jpg

Lol.........so much for retailers making a buck. Unless they get their hands on those things

omg we're turning in to Japan.... soon you'll be able to buy used panties here too.

110827_nakano_broadway_otaku_tokyo_shops_anime_vinyl_toys_7.jpg

I'm not saying you ruin every thread that you post in...

but every thread you post in is ruined.

Interesting concept. I have a feeling that established disc golfers arn't the target audience. I.e, you don't get to pick your weight or color, and you can only choose from the 15 discs in the front of each row. I only see these being located in very well established parks. Otherwise, I see it being an easy target for thieves. One broken front window = 150ish easy to grab discs.

Perhaps the long range business strategy will be to dig a new water hazard on courses before installing each machine?

Interesting concept. I have a feeling that established disc golfers arn't the target audience. I.e, you don't get to pick your weight or color, and you can only choose from the 15 discs in the front of each row. I only see these being located in very well established parks. Otherwise, I see it being an easy target for thieves. One broken front window = 150ish easy to grab discs.

This

Its awesome. I played a tourney at kendall indian hammocks 2 weeks ago and the demographic in that area is not familiar with the sport. People use the baskets as trash cans and bbq's. I tried to explain it to my family but it didn't take well. There are no Spanish words for the shots in disc golf. I feel that if people see the discs it may spark interest and more park goers will get introduced to the sport or maybe just stop misusing the baskets.

I could see this doing well at a course located by a Rec center. We have several around us, and I always see newbs going out with one disc, lose it on the 4th or 5th hole and have to leave. Place this inside the Rec Center, not only can you replace it, but instead of a "disc rental" you just purchase one. Like the idea.

I think this is a phenomenal idea, but would rather see it more Redbox style: touch screen where you choose weight and color, rather than like a candy machine.

Still, put this in the "I wish I would have thought of that" department.

Edit: Very cool that they have the discs organized by skill level.

Been wondering how long this would take to hit the forums. Teeboxx launches on the first day of spring, then much more info will be available (as far as I know) I'm left in the dark on most everything, so don't expect me to be able to shed too much light, but I can address some questions about the product, my dad is part owner, this is the company I turned down a sponsorship from Dynamic Discs to support. Teeboxx will be a force in this sport in the coming years, and this vending machine is a foundation for many exciting things to come. The first machine was installed in Miami at Kendall Indian Hammocks DGC, there is a seemingly endless list of locations that are in the works to recieve a machine all over the country.