• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Disc Golf Vending Machine

My suggestion that I left on one of their FB pics:

"I think for version 2.0 you should try to implement a carousel-type design (similar to those machines you would get a crappy egg salad sandwich or an 8 oz. carton of expired chocolate milk), thereby removing what appears to be this machine's inability to dispense any inventory at any time (i.e. different colors/weights unavailable until they reach the front of the dispenser coil). Everything else about this is a total WIN. Great job, and keep it up!"

I love how a lot of people are criticizing it...and there is only one of them out there. Give it some time to breathe.

I am fairly confident the people who are investing their time and money into this have thought of the basic things like security and discs getting stuck. Give them a chance to be successful.

I'm not saying you ruin every thread that you post in...

but every thread you post in is ruined.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

Saw a few pros liking Teeboxx on the book of faces and thought it might be a new company coming out with cool high quality teebox materials.. This is interesting. Guarantee none will be around my town for a long while, but the idea is there.

Did that immediately upon seeing it across FB this morning!
Great stuff here and I wish them the best of luck -- and I think they have such a nice concept that their luck should be all icing on the cake to well-deserved success.

What I love the most is that it makes DG look like a real thing. It looks like it's from the future, where disc golf is legit. Back to the Future pt. 2 vibe :hfive:

So if the guy before me gets jipped and I end up getting 2 discs for the price of 1 do I have to try to return the disc to its owner? How long would you guys wait before giving up?

69863_10152638537110063_1403171222_n.jpg

Teeboxx at Kendall Indian Hammocks

DISCuss.

:popcorn:

My brother inlaw's family owns a vending service. I talked with him 4 years ago about getting some of his old spirals to sell Discs. Figured the logistics of power, theft, credit card swiping ability and all was more than I cared to figure out. Glad to see it is being tried somewhere.

Did that immediately upon seeing it across FB this morning!
Great stuff here and I wish them the best of luck -- and I think they have such a nice concept that their luck should be all icing on the cake to well-deserved success.

What I love the most is that it makes DG look like a real thing. It looks like it's from the future, where disc golf is legit. Back to the Future pt. 2 vibe :hfive:

Changing the game?

I think it's an awesome idea! Would be great for gas stations close to disc golf courses.

New idea... in the last slot of each row is a "mystery disc". in sealed package. You don't know what it'll be... but pepper in a few First Runs, CE, USDGC Rocs, Night Shift, 10x, 88 Softees, into a mix with Optimizers, Blowflys, 10M Brick, Slipstream, etc. etc... you might have to restock it more than you want...

yeah my buddy posted a pic of this on facebook.. really cool.. just hate that i dont think we could have one around here.. thing would last 3 hours before some idiot tried to break in to it :eek:

"I want to see a vending machine that sells vending machines it have to be real ****ing big!" -MH

R.I.P.

would be nice for Hudson Mills Metro park to have one of these. they can put it inside by where you pay and get snacks

Ok what if his was more of a redbox set up and you could rent disc. Lets say you wanted to try the new westside stag before you bought it not charged you 2 dollars a day to use it, but after 10 days it becomes your disc. There has been times I've wanted to try a new disc before committing this could be a good way as well

No way for that to work in an automated machine because it couldn't determine the condition you bring it back in. What happens if some guy rents it before you, tacos it into a tree, and now you're out that money because an unuseable disc pops out? Rentals only work when there's a person in charge.

So if the guy before me gets jipped and I end up getting 2 discs for the price of 1 do I have to try to return the disc to its owner? How long would you guys wait before giving up?

I was wondering that too. Is there a special way to hit it and get a double Snickers bar??

New idea... in the last slot of each row is a "mystery disc". in sealed package. You don't know what it'll be... but pepper in a few First Runs, CE, USDGC Rocs, Night Shift, 10x, 88 Softees, into a mix with Optimizers, Blowflys, 10M Brick, Slipstream, etc. etc... you might have to restock it more than you want...

Or a Groove, Groove, Star Groove, Groove, and Blizzard Groove F2.

Latest posts