• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf videos....

MOB47

Birdie Member
Is there a dedicated thread here for good disc golf videos? I think there should be a place on here where there is easy access to all kinds of disc golf videos. If there is a such thread i apologize, but if not please post videos here...
Thanks

Frank Delicious said:
I pretty much follow DiscGolfMonthly, ClashDVD and lcgm8 on youtube for all my DG video needs.

Ya, I usually follow the same you tubers, but i thought it would be nice to have a video thread on here so we can see videos from people that aren't on you tube.. Every other disc site i look at has one, and its one of my favorite threads. ill post some vids in a bit and get it started

Frank Delicious said:
I pretty much follow DiscGolfMonthly, ClashDVD and lcgm8 on youtube for all my DG video needs.

Frank covered pretty much all of them. But to add two more channels I enjoy - MurderMike41370 and diskheadcage. Both those guys channels have some great vids.

disc junkie said:
Frank Delicious said:

Frank covered pretty much all of them. But to add two more channels I enjoy - MurderMike41370 and diskheadcage. Both those guys channels have some great vids.
+1
diskheadcage makes me wanna play, lcgm8 makes me wanna quit :lol:

Wyno said:
disc junkie said:
Frank Delicious said:

+1
diskheadcage makes me wanna play, lcgm8 makes me wanna quit :lol:

Does this mean we need to stop making these vids?

Btw. i don't embed videos here, because we don't film and edit in HD and make things slow and laborious to make stuff that gets raped by finger nail sized screens at old camera phone resolution.

This just in from lcgm8.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h19NXTc01xY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRd-pYmUQvo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFMiMfFDWDA

Come to think of it Youtube 1080 resolution seriously cramps the image quality over the original so we wanted people to see how unrestricted HD looks like by releasing the Dutch Open 2010 and Stockholm Disc Golf Open 2010 for free as bittorrent downloads. The sense of being there and the ability to see the discs is totally superior in no holds barred HD.

Dutch Open:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6450396/Dutch_Discgolf_Open_2010_HD_1080

SDGO:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6425335/SDGO2010

They are large and not every video player plays back them without upgraded video codecs. I've been told that Splash Player plays back them without a need to update the codecs.

Looks pretty nice. Go easier on the zoom if you're shooting without a mono/tripod, and check the video before posting it. Some of the texts just flashed into view, you didn't leave any time to actually read them.

jubuttib said:
Looks pretty nice. Go easier on the zoom if you're shooting without a mono/tripod, and check the video before posting it. Some of the texts just flashed into view, you didn't leave any time to actually read them.
Yea I know. I thought and actually went back and made them longer but I guess still not long enough. I had a monopod with me but then Dave Feldberg asked me if i would caddy for him so carrying two camcorders and his bag was enough so I didn't bring it on the course with me. It is really hard to check the video before posting it because i do the automatic download to youtube because it is faster. With HD it can take several hours to load onto youtube. My biggest issue is my computer because when I go to edit it and play it back in my editing software it lags pretty bad at times. Still not an excuse because I have done many other none DG videos so I should have known better. I will have a part 2 coming out and hopefully this time I will have it right.

jubuttib said:
Agreed. You've got some good action. A little zoom is ok. I like to see the flight path of the disc. Watch how JR's video's are. Those are sweet!

Hehe anyone wanting to caddy for Feldy just bring a video camera. My club mate caddied for Dave at the European Open carrying a camera. He's on lcgm8 partially with a video camera. Normally i don't want to leave other camera people in front of my camera, but at the EO caddies got in the way occasionally and staff photographers. Sometimes you don't have the space or the time to move. And i'm not interfering with the players and caddies in any way if i can avoid it and will go far in avoiding just that. It's not the place of outsiders to play a part in the action.

I caddied for Feldy at the Scandinavian Disc Golf Open 2010 and the bittorrent of the whole event is free to download. I just hope it wasn't as hot and the course doesn't have as steep and high hills as Järva course in Stockholm, Sweden :) Filming the whole event shot for shot is way more difficult as a caddy as a free roamer, who can position any way suits the filming best. I was lucky in Järva in that i had tree cover from the sun most of the time close by, so people can actually see something of the throwing and the flight. It was bright clear skies and a record heatwave in Sweden at the time. Dave said that he came to Europe to escape the heat in the US and it was almost as hot as down south in Stockholm.

Steady 26542 said:
jubuttib said:
Agreed. You've got some good action. A little zoom is ok. I like to see the flight path of the disc. Watch how JR's video's are. Those are sweet!
Yea I am not really trying to imitate JR. I have watched many of his videos and they are really nice. This was really my first attempt at DG so I learned a lot. As far as the zoom I realized that when I started to edit and next time i will have a monopod with me to help out. Be honest on some of the video I took I see the camcorder zooming but looking at nothing because I took my eye off the screen to watch in amazement how well these guys threw and how far.

JR it was actually a record cold day here so heat was definitely not an issue. I don't think it got above 55 degrees all day. What was funny is Will was like he told me he would find someone to carry his bag so it was a running joke all day. Dave was like I took like 6 discs out so it shouldn't be that bad but man that thing was heavy. It did limit my ability to get some different shots but it was still a great time.

chainchaser said:
Be honest on some of the video I took I see the camcorder zooming but looking at nothing because I took my eye off the screen to watch in amazement how well these guys threw and how far.
Yeah, that's definitely a downside to filming anything, makes it almost impossible to actually enjoy it. You just have to focus on the filming part if you want to get anything decent out of it. =P