• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf World Tour

The word you're looking for isn't accurate. You're looking for ignorant.
Orly? I think if you polled women they would say the same thing. Damn good white knight work though, the bad thing is the only ppl you are defending are other white knights lmao.

I watched some of the live coverage of the Memorial and the last few holes of the DGWT event. Not a knock on the people doing the production of either, but this sport does not seem to translate well live. For it to be done right would require budget and equipment far outside the realm of any rational endeavor. And even then, it would be a tough sell.

We need a camera on each hole, with commentators in the booth and at least 1-2 field reporters. Then we are good to go. :)

Jussi has also said on FB they aren't going to do live anymore.

This would be news to me.

As my daughter grows older, I find it a lot more important to find strong role models for her to emulate. It helps having a wife who is not only a college professor, but a well-versed feminist.

For example: in August I'm taking my daughter to see Heart and Joan Jett in concert. it's important for her to see what strong, powerful women look like. Women who were trailblazers...forcing themselves into what was at one time a man's world not based on their looks, but because they could ****ing ROCK.

And that's how I see Catrina Allen. Instead of complaining, whether overtly or passive aggressively, she smashed the patriarchy by showing up and beating a whole lot of men. She didn't place where she did because she's a woman, or because she's fairly pretty...she earned her placing with skill and intestinal fortitude. Watch that Round 1 footage...she looks like she BELONGS on that card.

Right now she's making the other pro women look like wussies. I'd love to see PP, Sarah Hokum, Val Jenkins et al show up to future events and show the men that they do belong. They've earned it.

I love this statement. I'm man enough to admit that my wife has educated me on the unending battles women face in the workplace as well as the world at large, not by complaining but by beating the system(s) of oppression. I think our wives would get along famously, lol.

The only thing I want to point out as a difference is in the "smashing the patriarchy" metaphor, simply because it could be read as the staff and other players around her were colluding to keep her (or other women) out. Without going back down the rabbit hole and re-hashing (and this is more an in-general clarification rather than pointed directly at you JB), there was no attempt to keep women from registering or participating. In fact, those women who have the skills to compete were personally invited to do so, and a spot was saved for them. This was because, for the initial batch of DGWT rankings, FPO competitors at PDGA tournaments did not accrue points and therefore didn't get a ranking. This was an attempt to "jump start" their DGWT ranking by guaranteeing them a spot so they could compete for points as well as $$.

To me, that's all you can ask for as a professional athlete. An opportunity to compete.

Great, now Corwin has 5 pages of text to edit?

Also, the argument that not offering a separate division for females is going to hold back the growth of the sport is terribly flawed.
We are assuming females are only interested in watching other females, which seems ridiculous. You think more females watch NBA or WNBA?
Even if it were a given that females want to watch females, you are further assuming that they prefer watching them compete against one another, rather than an open field. Which, again, is certainly wrong. Do you think more females watched Michelle Wie take shots at the PGA tour, or play in a random LPGA event?
Everything else aside, diverting a considerable amount of resources to cater to a fraction (whatever portion would only watch if females were playing) of 4% of your audience, seems incredibly -EV. Especially for a business already lacking resources, but what do I know.

not by complaining but by beating the system(s) of oppression.

So, in other words, accept our terms of participation or shut it. LOL.

Without going back down the rabbit hole and re-hashing...

LOL. "Without going back down the rabbit hole, allow me to go back down the rabbit hole."

there was no attempt to keep women from registering or participating. In fact, those women who have the skills to compete were personally invited to do so, and a spot was saved for them... so they could compete for points as well as $$.

A) True, you allowed women to compete and you saved spots for them. Congratulations. You allowed women to compete as long as they agreed to compete against men. And trumpeting their ability to compete fairly for $ is about as absurd as you can get.

B) If DGWT's policy is so marvelous for women, why doesn't a single pro woman ever state a preference to compete in MPO and not FPO?

C) Only one woman pro chose to play at LaMi. If DGWT were so accommodating and welcoming to women pros, why didn't any of the other top pros choose to compete? Sarah Hokom & Val Jenkins were in town. Why didn't PP play?

D) If the LaMi format is so good for women, why has Jussi mentioned that he might run an FPO division in the future, once DGWT gets huge and lots of huge sponsors & corporate partners sign up?

E) Why all the rationalization & justification explaining that not having an FPO division is better for women? DGWT made a business decision not to have an FPO division. That screws women pro disc golfers. Own it. Live with the reaction. Move on. Jussi has. Why engage in a public debate you can't win? Is that smart business? Jussi doesn't think so. That's why he's silent on this issue.

To me, that's all you can ask for as a professional athlete. An opportunity to compete.

LOL. All I can say to that is, thank god I'm not a woman pro disc golfer.

I might start identifying as female and go pro. Most of the rec players would usually place first in FPO, but there's guaranteed money in FPO. Not to mention no competition at all. One women gets money just for signing up. I could add some competition and be a hero! I've always felt real pretty.

I might start identifying as female and go pro. Most of the rec players would usually place first in FPO, but there's guaranteed money in FPO. Not to mention no competition at all. One women gets money just for signing up. I could add some competition and be a hero! I've always felt real pretty.

Go for it. However, your clever plan has a few problems.

http://www.pdga.com/files/StockholmConsensus_0.pdf

I think you'll find that getting to the point where you can play FPO for that sweet, sweet cash costs you more financially (and anatomically, ouch) than it's worth, as in multiple thousands of dollars in medical expenses, not to mention volunteering to join one of the most shat-upon minorities in our culture. Then, assuming you make it all the way through gender reassignment, you'll find that FPO cash usually sucks. Since the FPO pool is usually vastly smaller than the MPO pool, the portion of the added cash is smaller as well.

Not sure how one makes women's disc golf appealing to spectators, when we're still trying to make men's disc golf appealing to spectators.

Go for it. However, your clever plan has a few problems.

http://www.pdga.com/files/StockholmConsensus_0.pdf

I think you'll find that getting to the point where you can play FPO for that sweet, sweet cash costs you more financially (and anatomically, ouch) than it's worth, as in multiple thousands of dollars in medical expenses, not to mention volunteering to join one of the most shat-upon minorities in our culture. Then, assuming you make it all the way through gender reassignment, you'll find that FPO cash usually sucks. Since the FPO pool is usually vastly smaller than the MPO pool, the portion of the added cash is smaller as well.
Please don't trigger me. Your gender identity privilege is unbecoming.

He said this on Stu's post: "We did learn a lot and next event will not have live stream"

My bad in reading that wrong. I and others took that to mean there won't be live stream for future DGWT events, but in reading it again it sounds like it's just for the next one. You'd know way better than I would about future plans for DGWT. My apologies. Keep up the good work!

Nova P
Identifying hook nuts as a troll was pretty much on target.
For my part, I appreciate your willingness to state your viewpoint - whether or not I agree.
Your posts have been thoughtful and enlightening.
Thanks,