• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf World Tour

Nova P
Identifying hook nuts as a troll was pretty much on target.
For my part, I appreciate your willingness to state your viewpoint - whether or not I agree.
Your posts have been thoughtful and enlightening.
Thanks,
Reductio ad absurdum

Have any of you seen this? I don't think so because if you did you would not be bickering about ladies, sponsorship, divisions, viewership percentage, etc. :doh:.

This has it all...hole preview by drone, the hole information in the top left corner, the players name and disc when on the tee, the moving "stills" of the players with ALL the scoring info underneath them, the CCDG logo in the bottom right, and the occasional DGWT logo in the top right :clap::clap::clap:.

Just finished the comm version. I agree, it looks great. Can't wait to see if McBeth holds on for the win.

Just finished the comm version. I agree, it looks great. Can't wait to see if McBeth holds on for the win.

I think you need another hobby...you're obsessing over this a little bit.

I'm sure Smashboxxtv appreciates your support. But I find live broadcasts tedious and laughably amateur. Glad you find it so compelling that you're planning BBQs around them, but you and the 5,000-6,000 viewers are far from being any kind of majority or any kind of critical mass.

DGWT not having FPO has no impact on growing the sport, no matter what viewership stats you make up. The only thing it does is disenfranchise the current FPO players and their supporters. (Which I agree is not the right way to go.)

Jussi and his ideas/personality rub people the wrong way. Feel free to disagree and boycott the DGWT. I'm sure he will survive, even if the tour does not.

I heard recently there are over 400,000 American kids (not sure if that's boys and girls or just boys) playing organized basketball at the high school level...If you want to get all bent out of shape about grassroots growth of discgolf, watching livestreams is literally the least you can do to grow the game. Live coverage is for obsessives like you, not for attracting new players or female players.

I'm sure Smashboxxtv appreciates your support. But I find live broadcasts tedious and laughably amateur. Glad you find it so compelling that you're planning BBQs around them, but you and the 5,000-6,000 viewers are far from being any kind of majority or any kind of critical mass.

DGWT not having FPO has no impact on growing the sport, no matter what viewership stats you make up. The only thing it does is disenfranchise the current FPO players and their supporters. (Which I agree is not the right way to go.)

Jussi and his ideas/personality rub people the wrong way. Feel free to disagree and boycott the DGWT. I'm sure he will survive, even if the tour does not.

I heard recently there are over 400,000 American kids (not sure if that's boys and girls or just boys) playing organized basketball at the high school level...If you want to get all bent out of shape about grassroots growth of discgolf, watching livestreams is literally the least you can do to grow the game. Live coverage is for obsessives like you, not for attracting new players or female players.

Live coverage is for more than the "obsessives". How do you expect the sport to grow if you market to those that already play? Innova's not going to dump a bunch of money into this to just give the people already buying their discs something to watch. That was explained in the press release...

Excluding women does a lot more harm than you think. Regardless of what you think the videos represent, the growth of the sport (yes, the sport and not just the game) still lies in the youth. Not having a female division gives no girls someone to look up to, to emulate. If I were a parent of girls going to share the sport I love with my daughters (as several of my friends are), I'd be ashamed to have to explain why the "big" push for top end growth decided that women didn't matter.

While i understand that things are different in Finnish culture than here in the states, Jussi made a huge mistake ignoring women. It doesn't really matter though, because ten minutes of throws and three hours of Avery and Jamie yammering on isn't going to make anyone want to get off the couch and onto the course.

LOL. Right away, boss.

Who said anything about Smashboxx.

I didn't plan a BBQ around a disc golf broadcast. It wasn't the Super Bowl. I had a BBQ, it was on in one of the rooms, some people watched. Is that OK with you or nah?

DGWT not having FPO has no impact on growing the sport, no matter what viewership stats you make up.

What stats am I making up?

So what.

You state that 400k kids are playing organized hoops then you type the words "live coverage is not for attracting new players" literally while March Madness is on everyone's TV in the country. LOL.

Sadly it's not. I don't understand the hierarchy given to men in certain sports. But...society is that way sometimes.

Sadly it's not. I don't understand the hierarchy given to men in certain sports. But...society is that way sometimes.

It's just because in America, everything needs to be the best, and we celebrate the best.

Name a sport where in a match up of Men vs. Women, the women win - in that sport the women will be celebrated more.

It's just because in America, everything needs to be the best, and we celebrate the best.

Name a sport where in a match up of Men vs. Women, the women win - in that sport the women will be celebrated more.

In the very sport..Tennis. Battle of the Sexes, however it was back in...79 I think?

Why can't we celebrate the best of men, and the best of women? Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for equal payouts, or anything like that, not playing white knight etc. I think a woman being dominant in a sport, against other women is equally as awesome as watching a male do the same.

In the very sport..Tennis. Battle of the Sexes, however it was back in...79 I think?

Why can't we celebrate the best of men, and the best of women? Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for equal payouts, or anything like that, not playing white knight etc. I think a woman being dominant in a sport, against other women is equally as awesome as watching a male do the same.

Well most ppl don't and you can't force them to.

Um, Soccer? The US Men's team might as well be a farm team while the women are quite possibly the most dominant team in sports. They aren't celebrated nearly as much as Super Bowl Champs, World Series winners, etc.

Well most ppl don't and you can't force them to.

Sorry snookums, not trying to force anyone to do anything they don't want to here. Just trying to invoke some thoughtful conversation, in which from past experiences, you...Mr. Trolliness...are not afforded that luxury. I'm sorry you have to go through life this way.

Um, Soccer? The US Men's team might as well be a farm team while the women are quite possibly the most dominant team in sports. They aren't celebrated nearly as much as Super Bowl Champs, World Series winners, etc.

In the sport of soccer, you could hardly say that women's soccer is bigger than men's. The Timberwolves stink and the Lynx dominate... But I don't think this thread needs a reference to the WNBA... We've made it this long without it ;)

Both.

And from the TD's perspective, all those sub-960ish rated players are donors to pad the purse, which given what is invested in the infrastructure and publicity of the event (including the coverage) is needed.

You shave the bottom 20 players off the Open field and hand those spots to another division, be it FPO, MPM, MA1, or whatever, and that's 20 players worth of entry fees that come out of the MPO payout and get put into its own pool. And if it is a pro division, there is also an expectation that there will be added cash as well...so deduct that from MPO as well.

Want to see what I mean in action, take a look at the payouts at the USDGC in 2008-2010 when it was still One Division, One Champion. First place took home 5 figures and they paid 60+ players. Then look at the payouts from 2012 on, when the field was more than cut in half and the players that would otherwise have been padding the Open field were in their own division (Performance). Still lots of added cash in the purse, but the biggest difference is the 70-90 fewer players putting money into the pot.

Has anyone commented on this?

Seems to have been ignored.