• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf World Tour

Thanks! I was watching the PGA Championship at Quail Hollow closely because my high school basketball teammate is Andrew Loupe (was hoping he'd take it down, but 4th is a great showing). I thought to myself "I'm going to try the Costas/Faldo vibe next time"

Great card though at Konopiste, makes it easy.

I'm three minutes into it and had to come over here to offer props. This style works really well, definitely gives the space for the shots and the commentary to play off each other nicely. Feels like we're watching golf, but also disc golf. You blend the two nicely, and I can't wait to see more like this.

I'm three minutes into it and had to come over here to offer props. This style works really well, definitely gives the space for the shots and the commentary to play off each other nicely. Feels like we're watching golf, but also disc golf. You blend the two nicely, and I can't wait to see more like this.

Much appreciated sir. Honestly a huge thanks goes to the camera crew out there at the event for their solid operating!

...and getting to talk over 2 camera coverage really felt like watching it live as opposed to my usual 1 camera venture, where I'm recalling from memory moreso than watching and experiencing it.

...yeah we need more 2 camera coverage on SpinTV, lol.

Commentary was very well done. Thank you.

Cheers bud, thanks for the feedback.

Props from me as well. The "cut scenes" of all lead card players before them teeing off made it feel like I'm actually watching a proper post-live summary :)

great job jtacoma, pacing of the editing and your relaxed and unrushed well spoken commentary was great. way to let the fantastic disc golf and beautiful footage speak for itself

For those of you that follow Jussi on social media, he just floated out some polls/questions about how much you would pay to watch 2 rounds of disc golf. So... we might get our trial sometime in the future. USDGC?

Worlds has already done that, and I think USDGC has, too. Not sure how much it cuts down the numbers, though. I think Worlds did a 7 or 8 buck pass for the whole tourney, with single day options for lower.

Worlds has already done that, and I think USDGC has, too. Not sure how much it cuts down the numbers, though. I think Worlds did a 7 or 8 buck pass for the whole tourney, with single day options for lower.

You don't think he meant for online content?

In my personal opinion - this was a big problem with DGP.tv's model. They charged far too little, especially considering the (relatively much higher) costs of their equipment 5-10 years ago. Essentially $1.50/day per sub, where people could watch in groups and get around it, doesn't amount to enough to go next level, but only maintain. This is why, for example, PPV for boxing, MMA, etc. charges much more because they expect group viewings not 1 viewer per subscription paid.

They put themselves in a catch-22, where they didn't have enough capital to execute at a level that would satisfy people's raised expectations due to paying for a service vs. getting it free.

Not trying to come off as critical for the record, they've found a way to be viable by producing other sports alongside of disc golf under "Emerging Sports" so I'm really happy for them, but in my opinion, based on 4,000 subs if it was a reboot of the ppv model it would have to be more $ per sub.

Also for the record, I'm a freelance operator and not employed by the DGWT so I'm purely speaking in hypotheticals, not from any official position there.

Props from me as well. The "cut scenes" of all lead card players before them teeing off made it feel like I'm actually watching a proper post-live summary :)

I really liked that too, Esa Arokki cut this one, and he did a great job. He's been directing live broadcasts of professional hockey and basketball as of late, so it definitely has more of that feel.

great job jtacoma, pacing of the editing and your relaxed and unrushed well spoken commentary was great. way to let the fantastic disc golf and beautiful footage speak for itself

^^^ Couldn't of typed it better. :clap:

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated! I feel like I'm still developing my style so this helps me figure out what people want to see/hear. :)

They have live scoring and metrix available

DGWT

From the PDGA Website:

While there will be no live broadcast production from the European Masters, the online audience can expect a mainstream-ready package of The SpinTV's professionally produced tournament coverage videos, daily wrap-up shows from each round, and dozens of live video updates via the DGWT social media outlets.

For those hungry for live coverage, Avery Jenkins #7495 will be on-site once again, taking advantage of Facebook Live to stream parts of each tournament round. For those interested in seeing the true aesthetics of the Järva course, DGWT staff photographer Eino Ansio #39876 will be capturing the event through his set of lenses for the world to enjoy. Eino's previous work from DGWT events can be seen on the DGWT website.

Bad joke^^^.

Some events are totally random. Though in recent years we see super cards made for live video or post produced coverage. The feature card today, aside from McBeth, was voted on before the event.

Sometimes players are grouped by PDGA #. At the end of the day, it is at the TD's discretion.