• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf World Tour

A little surprised, Ragna beat Cat today...and is TIED with Nikko. (I picked Nikko to make final four in prediction contest).

A little surprised, Ragna beat Cat today...and is TIED with Nikko. (I picked Nikko to make final four in prediction contest).

You forgot Jerm. Ragna tied with Nikko AND Jerm, 42/142. Oh, and she's like 5 months pregnant.

Story of the tournament so far, as far as I'm concerned. I wonder how much they'll cover it in the recap.

Round 1 Recap:

http://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2016/07/21/wysocki-uses-late-birdies-take-early-european-masters-lead/

McBeth gonna make a comeback, or did he dig himself too big a hole?

Nice piece. Good quotes.

Wysocki/McBeth squaring off in the first round of a big tournament. Sounds familiar.

What's not so familiar is a 5 months pregnant part-time FPO pro matching two of the biggest current full-time pros in MPO, one who was an NT winner in 2015, in a tournament where she was one of two women competing against 140 men because the organizers decided having an FPO division was bad policy.

I would have loved to read some quotes from Nikko and Jerm about all that. Maybe ask them if they wished Jussi would have included an FPO division last night, after all, lol.

"Pregnant" is not a word you hear in disc golf, or women's sports in general. Unless of course it's followed by the word "retired."

Here's to a healthy baby, and perfect delivery for Ragna, and if disc golf is history after the wee one joins us in this world, then I wish her all the best from here on out.

Oh, and she's like 5 months pregnant.

I guess she's 4 months pregnant. My bad.

There was actually a well-written graf in the recap on the DGWT site about her round. Nothing in the 8 minute vid, of course. But the vid did show Avery claiming that every pro thinks the course is the best in the world, twice.

Yeah, yeah, now let's talk about what's really important. They did a great job setting par.

Hole 4 should be a Par 3, but the others are spot on.

Nice piece. Good quotes.

Wysocki/McBeth squaring off in the first round of a big tournament. Sounds familiar.

What's not so familiar is a 5 months pregnant part-time FPO pro matching two of the biggest current full-time pros in MPO, one who was an NT winner in 2015, in a tournament where she was one of two women competing against 140 men because the organizers decided having an FPO division was bad policy.

I would have loved to read some quotes from Nikko and Jerm about all that. Maybe ask them if they wished Jussi would have included an FPO division last night, after all, lol.

Agree the Ragna story needs to be covered. Basically how it has worked with World Tour is Jussi pulls the top players for me for a few minutes after they come in. Since Ragna was likely gone by the time the round ended, she wasn't brought in.

I'll see if I can track her down some time this weekend, but as far as I know she is playing Worlds, and I'll be there in person. So if I'm not able to talk to her now, I definitely will then.

Hell yeah! Eagle makin' moves! It'd be great to see the kid get a big win. Otherwise, I'm just hoping Sexton keeps up his run.

Plus, Barsby is pulling back up after a rough start today. Love that dude!

Whelp... Eagle still clinched the hot round for the day with -11! Great round. However, Rick still has him by one stroke going into the final round. Lets see Eagle get another hot round tomorrow and take it home!

Yeah, can't wait to see the recap show in a couple of hours. I wonder how many times Avery's gonna say that Järva is the best course in the world in 8 minutes.

Ragna over shusterick? Side bets?

Lol. Seriously.

Btw, he'd never cop to it, but I'd love to know how much extra motivation that sharing a card with Ragna today provided Nikko. He bounced back and posted a 61 this morning after a 64 yesterday and jumped over 10 spots. Fear can be a potent source of motivation.

I'm sure Koling & Schusterick are breathing a little easier after today, as well.

Lol. Seriously.

Btw, he'd never cop to it, but I'd love to know how much extra motivation that sharing a card with Ragna today provided Nikko. He bounced back and posted a 61 this morning after a 64 yesterday and jumped over 10 spots. Fear can be a potent source of motivation.

I'm sure Koling & Schusterick are breathing a little easier after today, as well.

Apparently not very much, he shot several strokes worse than his rating. Two shots worse than any other player in the event with a 1020+ rating. The 61 only looks solid in comparison to his awful round yesterday.

Kudos to Ragna for holding it down, though!