• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Loyalty Pledges

n3tw0rkn3rd said:
Gone through a bunch of different discs over the years, but the one that has always stayed in the bag, and always will is the Roc (same one last 7.5 years...). Now it's looking like the Fuse will also be in my bag to stay.

Had the same Champ Aviar since I started playing, but I'm starting to consider switching to an Ion. Not a fan of the occasional fudging up my upshots/drives with the Champ Aviar because the thing is so smooth.

The Firebird, Destroyer, and Leopard/Teebird (my old 10x KC Pro Teebird is less stable than my newer Star Leopard).

Destroyer (and any wide rimmed driver for that matter) is out for messing up my knuckle. Firebird lost its fight with my Monster, so its out for now.

JK Pro Aviar will stay in the bag, as will my new CE Omega :D CE Roc also has a permanent slot.

cjskier said:
I'll play along I guess.

I will leave the XL, Avenger, Avenger SS, Stalker, Drone and Buzzz. I will go further and say NO INNOVA! After buying a katana I remembered why I went to Discraft only. The only non Discraft discs that will touch my bag is anything Vibram.

Hopefully next year I can promise my whole bag will stay the same.

Just a little revisit to this thread. Every thing is still the same, except the XL comes and goes depending on the course. I'm going to add a couple of discs to the keeper list...
Now I'm keeping in the bag:
Nuke
Pred
Avenger
Avenger SS
Stalker
Drone
Buzzz
Ridge.

I will keep Wraiths in my bag.

I don't have to pledge myself to keeping comets in my bag because that is a given.

I really wish I could pledge myself to keeping one putter... but I have a problem.

So I was totally wrong. I took all my wraiths out of my bag over 6 months ago. They have been replaced with Eagles. Other discs in my bag that have actually survived (sadly that I didn't pledge to ) are Rattlers, Comets, and Rocs.

I have found my self throwing rocs on more holes than my comets recently though. Hmmmm...

sweeper said:
I will keep Wraiths in my bag.

I don't have to pledge myself to keeping comets in my bag because that is a given.

I really wish I could pledge myself to keeping one putter... but I have a problem.

So I was totally wrong. I took all my wraiths out of my bag over 6 months ago. They have been replaced with Eagles. Other discs in my bag that have actually survived (sadly that I didn't pledge to ) are Rattlers, Comets, and Rocs.

I have found my self throwing rocs on more holes than my comets recently though. Hmmmm...
Hmm. Wraiths and Eagles are almost half a cm apart in rim width. Sounds like a pretty big change. I throw both but Wraiths go quite a bit faster and farther, and are not as stable as Eagles (x's). Curious how it worked out for you swapping the one for the other.

Well for the last six months I have had the fallowing discs in my bag I am feeling safe to commit to these for another 6 months

Ohh I forgot the most important thing.

These are the best discs ever made I will never betray these beauties and they will remain in my bag forever!!

Buzz
Cyclone
P - PD

CHEERS - Koffee

I've stayed with the discs in my sig for a least 4 months, and most of them longer. The Nuke kicked out Flashes for the pure D spot about 4 months ago.

PD, VP, Xtreme, and Ridge have all stayed. I'll also add KC Aviar for the remainder of the year

Can't remember the last time I posted in this thread, too lazy to look it up.

Fairway drivers are the only mold in flux recently. Having a hard time finding 11x teebirds to I put Stalkers back in the bag. Upgraded champ leopards to S-Rush. Other than that, still rockin Destroyers, Predators, Rocs, Comets, and Challengers.

Hmm. Wraiths and Eagles are almost half a cm apart in rim width. Sounds like a pretty big change. I throw both but Wraiths go quite a bit faster and farther, and are not as stable as Eagles (x's). Curious how it worked out for you swapping the one for the other.

I was having trouble with drivers in general. I was not consistent. The smaller rim width is much more comfortable in my hand. I'm guessing I was not throwing the Wraiths correctly anyway since I am getting at least the same distance from the Eagles.
As far as stability, I have a DX Eagle-L that is understable. More importantly I found a beat up KC pro Eagle X that was being used as a loaner/rental at a local park. They were cool enough to give it to me and I donated a bunch of discs I wasn't using for them to use as loaner/rentals. I also have a Star Eagle X that is very stable for me as a headwind driver.
I like throwing in the fairway!

I think I'm ready to try pledge 2.0...In one year I will still be throwing Ions, Fuses, Buzzzes, and PDs.

I will pledge myself to the following:

Ions - Putting and ~50% of putter drives
Buzzzes - Midrange duties
C-PDs - Most headwinds, hyzers, and forehands
Destroyers - All max distance duties

I'd be willing to commit to the Fuse, but mine is MIA right now and I haven't got another one yet.
My fairways are Teebirds and TLs right now. I'm having a hard time deciding between them and my PD assortment...but that's a matter for a different thread.

I am not going to go all out and list my whole bag, but I am really liking it right now. I will just go with these molds...

wizards
pds
destroyers

booter said:
booter said:
pure,roc,stalker,pd,fb,destroyer for the next year. alot of discs to commit to but i think i found my perfect bag:

I'm still rockin this. I use esp stalkers now but it's still the same
heh the only things left from this commitment are the pds,fbs,roc

commitment pt.2

pds(will never leave)
fb(will never leave)
buzzz
roc
orc
rhyno

I believe....again. That these will stay.fb and pds for damn sure.

Ok, here's my next bag commitment. Not listing the fairway slot, since they are the real revolving doors of my bag :p (Going to try and stick with the stalker though)

Destroyer
Predator
Roc
Comet
Challenger

Never a doubt about the Preds, Rocs, and Challengers. I would feel comfortable playing any course with just those 3. I'm really going to give stalkers a good long look this winter.

Champion destroyer
Star destroyer
dx valk:D

Everything ealse changes on how im feeling that day

Commitment: Aviars, Leopards, PDs

Lately I've been falling out of love with the Buzzz and am seriously considering picking up some DX Rocs. Or maybe R-Pro Rocs. I felt one and was nice. Anyone throw those for turnovers?

zj1002 said:
Roc, Teebird, PD, Destroyer for the next year

yeah I carry a TB and PD, deal with it. The PD basically replaced my SB Orc's because I didn't want to keep spending stupid amounts for them. The TB's are DX and beaten accordingly for different lines/water shots. The Orc used to be my distance driver, I just stepped up to the Destroyer about a month ago and i don't see it leaving. i'll update when i figure out that elusive putter problem :D

oh how this bag has changed in just 9 months. discovered the greatness of the SOLF and went back to an old friend the Valk. basically only the Roc is still around, despite trying every other mid on the market. it is still the best.

anyways I can say this for 2011... Roc, Valkyrie, SOLF, Predator. unless something new comes out in those categories, I doubt I replace them.

My bag hasn't changed hardly at all, I throw a S PD in the bag sometimes for windy days where my 1.1 SOLFs would get beat around, that is pretty much about the biggest change. Also the force has been seeing less action.

Timko said:
I've had PDs in my bag for a year now. Rocs have been there for the past 2 (and were there before my obsession with Elements), and Wizards have been part of my game since 2005.

Still all in my bag...