• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Loyalty Pledges

discspeed said:
discspeed said:
discspeed said:
Sleepy's commitment in his sig gave me an idea...Many of us change molds a lot, probably to the detriment of our game. Here's the thread to lay it on the line and commit for the next year to keep something in your bag.

I'll start by saying that at the very least, the Voodoo, Buzzz, and Stalker will be in my bag for the next year.

I'll even up the ante. If I change any of these out, I will send the first 3 people to call me on it a disc for free!

Do to unforeseen sponsorship opportunities from CDGS and MVP Disc Sports I'm afraid I'm going to have to rescind this pledge. Seems I'm being sponsored to be my disc whoring self, so all bets are off. 8)

Lame.

Well, now that I've tried out all the new discs I still hadn't had a chance before CDGS sponsored me, and I've got my other sponsor's (MVP) disc in my bag, I'll reinstate my original offer based on my pledge 2.0. The only possible exception being whatever MVP comes out with next. I can't afford to ship, but if the 3 original people to call me out ever visit Clearwater, I'll definitely give them a disc.

discspeed said:
I think I'm ready to try pledge 2.0...In one year I will still be throwing Ions, Fuses, Buzzzes, and PDs.
id wager your fuses will fall off the map

victorb said:
Ok, here's my next bag commitment. Not listing the fairway slot, since they are the real revolving doors of my bag :p (Going to try and stick with the stalker though)

Destroyer
Predator
Roc
Comet
Challenger

Never a doubt about the Preds, Rocs, and Challengers. I would feel comfortable playing any course with just those 3. I'm really going to give stalkers a good long look this winter.

funny how quickly this can change when you injure your back. Destroyers are out, and I have no desire to throw hard enough to use them anymore.

Pred, Roc, Comet, and Challenger are still go. OLFs are going to spend some serious time in the bag.

This year I'm committing to:

Magnet (main putting spot, most putter drives)
Predator (overstable slot)
Eagle X's (for almost all fairway duties)

I want to commit to a mid but buzzzes and rocs keep knocking one another out of the bag, the hornet is in right now and I don't know how long that will last, and comets are always pushing their way back in.

I learned my lesson last year. These two molds will not leave the bag this year. Still trying to weed out the rest for the upcoming season.

Challenger
Buzzz

Monocacy said:
I feel pretty confident committing to the Gazelle, Roc, and Banshee for the year. Wizard is probably safe, too, but my putting is in flux at the moment.

The Roc and Banshee stayed in the bag all year, even though I switched to throwing mostly 150-gram discs. 150 Gazelles are not readily available, unfortunately, and their absence has left a hole in my bag.

Wizard stayed in the bag for driving, but I switched to the Magic for putting. Wizard is probably safe again, but could get bumped if MVP makes some mid-160s Ions.

For next year, I will add the Leopard to my committment list:

Roc
Banshee
Leopard

Frank Delicious said:
My sig is already a commitment to the discs that will never leave my bag (except when I feel like experimenting or trying a new disc (plus I guess I could update it to include the force and the comet, both of which have been in the bag for a while now (man this is a lot of parentheses))).

Well this is pretty much true except the forces have been in and out of the bag. They have been out lately b/c I got the beefiest destroyer ever from booter and it does everything the force does.

The Zone, BB Aviar, and Predator were in my bag all last year and will be through Dec 31, 2011.

Other stuff:
Teebird
S-E-X
Buzz

You people have me thinking I should throw the PD but I've yet to do anything but fondle one at the shop. Midranges and high speed drivers are harder to commit to.

Has it been a year already? Out of the 5 molds I committed to last year, the only one I dropped was the Meteor, in favor of the Fuse.

This year, I'm more hesitant to commit. I don't usually try many new discs, but lots of good stuff has been coming out.

I definitely like the 6 mold setup I have now and the balance it forces between shot-shaping skills and specialty discs. I can commit to keeping that setup. The molds that are most likely to stay are:

Wizard
Fuse
Roc
Eagle

I have some skepticism about my Firebirds and Destroyers. I'm trying out the Flow right now, and I've thought a couple times about going back to the Monster.

I, RustyP, hereby publicly renew my vows to the Wizard / Roc / Teebird combo. That's been the cornerstone of my bag for about 4 years now...the Rocs have been in there for almost 6. I'll go ahead and commit to the Pred as my overstable driver slot for 2011. I'll consider adding the Pure to the list as a driving putter, but only if we see an opto / gl version...ball's in your court Lat 64 ;)

Frank Delicious said:
Frank Delicious said:
My sig is already a commitment to the discs that will never leave my bag (except when I feel like experimenting or trying a new disc (plus I guess I could update it to include the force and the comet, both of which have been in the bag for a while now (man this is a lot of parentheses))).

Well this is pretty much true except the forces have been in and out of the bag. They have been out lately b/c I got the beefiest destroyer ever from booter and it does everything the force does.
heh which one? The echo? Or the proto?

for one full year-

i will putt with a voodoo
i will mid with a buzz and meteor
i will drive with a s-pd

i can't guarantee anything else but the eaglex and river will most likely stay too.

booter said:
2011 pledge will be:

omega
rhyno
roc
fuse
buzzz
pd
fb

sadly the orc is out of the bag for now because of the flow.

one page ago you had the Orc on your list 8)

I think i also dropped half the discs on my list. but I am pretty set on these now

KC Aviar
Roc
QMS
QJLS
QPLS
SOLF

everything else changes too often. pd2 might make the list once the C's come out. I really enjoyed my limited throws with that disc.

booter said:
Frank Delicious said:
Frank Delicious said:

heh which one? The echo? Or the proto?

That yellow no stamp echo, that thing is straight 100% beef.