• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Organizer Change

I've always wanted to use something like a 1-10 scale (like the Sleepy Scale) to grade my discs instead of the New / Excellent / Good / Average / Poor ratings.
Not a complaint, just something to think about...

There are a little over 4400 unclassified discs at this point. The disc browser and your bags will now show the models in the database rather than the typed in models from before. If a disc shows a blank model, that means it needs updating so everything is on the new system at this point.

I'm going to try and do some more of these this afternoon if I can. At least we won't see any more Innova Buzzzs or Discraft Wraiths with the new system :)

Anyone besides me want all the Ace Race discs listed by year?

Not all of them turned into production discs.

Awesome. Only had to change the 3 InStep discs. :sick:

I've always wanted to use something like a 1-10 scale (like the Sleepy Scale) to grade my discs instead of the New / Excellent / Good / Average / Poor ratings.
Not a complaint, just something to think about...

I like this idea. And I wish I didnt have to click on the edit button to change this as the disc wears in, save it, and then go into another one to update it. Wish I could just have a drop down right on the main list of discs under loose, bagged tabs for each disc that I go 1 by 1 and drop it down, select the number and then just do a save for the entire update, sort of like how you check mark each disc then click on the Add to Bag button.

Perhaps in the next version of the organizer. This conversion (still in process) was a first step towards that final goal of getting a new and improved organizer out the door.

Anyone besides me want all the Ace Race discs listed by year?

Not all of them turned into production discs.

Yes! I like to see how many others have the ace race discs. On the other hand though, it is just like any other custom stamped disc. I will be happy with whatever Timg does :)

Alphabetical is nice, but is there anyway to get Innova and Discraft at the top?

I understand your "it only takes 1/2 a second to scroll to innova" answer... but I still agree with this.

But thanks as always for the hard work.
DSCJNKY

I added an "Ace Race" model to Discraft. It's easier to maintain and the year can be put in the notes field.

Nice change! Just throwing ideas out there. Would it be worth it to have a Run option (1st Run, 1.1, 1.2, 10x, 11x, etc.)? I know some of that is in Model list right now- some together, some separate, and some not listed.

Alphabetical is nice, but is there anyway to get Innova and Discraft at the top? Those 2 probably are the most common by far. Sometimes when filling out online forms you have to select country, but the US is first one listed, then all the others.

If not, no big deal, the changes are still a luxury we are not worthy of!

I think having a type in option would still be nice for this. I like to type mine in as 11X Teebirds or Wraiths or whatever it happens to be. That way it's listed on my list as such.

I have thought about the Innova Discraft at the top idea many times while on the organizer. Again not a huge deal, but it would be sweet.

Updating my list now. Seems like most of the 'other' I just needed to go in and change or find them in the list. Looking good so far.

Last edited:
It all worked great. My only thing would be to still have a 'type in' option or a way to add to the options that pop up. For example, I have a wall disc section that I like to have the reason for the wall in with the disc name. Like Innova Star Wraith 1st Ace for example. I would also like to be able to add first run in with the disc name like Discwing First Run Quarter K for example. I also like to list dye names or tourney stamps in the name as well. I know we can put that in the notes, but it's more practical and easier with it right in the disc name. Maybe we can keep it so the name that pops up in the list can't be changed but can be added to.

Adding text to model names won't be happening. As it is now, after the change, there is some level of consistency and standardization so searches, browsing, etc. are easier. Doing what you propose would throw that new level of consistency out the window. Granted, it wouldn't be as bad as it was... which was pretty bad (I still have like 4000 discs to fix with all sorts of issues). All the stuff you mention is far better suited for the disc notes anyway.

4000 unclassified discs in the system.. not 4000 disc types

Latest posts