• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Organizer Change

Yay! Only 1 of my discs is an "other". Whammo make a disc called the "Putter." It comes in the 3 disc set with the craptacular "Turnover Driver" and the midrange, whatever the heck they call that. I think I sent you a message from the disc organizer too, but it was late and I was tired (read: drunk) so I'm not sure if you got it or not. :D

Yay! Only 1 of my discs is an "other". Whammo make a disc called the "Putter." It comes in the 3 disc set with the craptacular "Turnover Driver" and the midrange, whatever the heck they call that. I think I sent you a message from the disc organizer too, but it was late and I was tired (read: drunk) so I'm not sure if you got it or not. :D

Same here! Mine is such a piece of crap that I just deleted it from my organizer. I think the midrange was just called "Midrange".

I used mine as a scorecard for an out of state round once when I didn't have any paper.

I used to have X Out at the end of a lot of my discs (about 25 of them). I noticed this isn't an option now. Not a huge big deal but I do like to keep track of that.

Looks like all of mine converted. Nice job Tim!

Just put that in the notes. I'm going to update the disc browser tomorrow to see how it looks if I have it show the disc notes under the disc name. That way you won't have to view someone's bag to see that it's an x-out, etc.

The unclassified disc list is barely above 1000 at this point. I have maybe another 100-200 to go through tomorrow. Whatever remains I just couldn't figure out. They'll stay as "Other" and I'll move whatever the old name was and add it to the notes field for each disc.

All the molds I have marked as "First Run", "Autographed", or "Protostars" you can just delete. I'm going to wipe out my entire disc organizer and rebuild it in the next few weeks b/c it's so out of date. That should take care of 1% of those unclassified :\

You can just delete them when you get around to it.. :)

Finished everything up. There are a little over 800 unclassified discs. I moved whatever was the typed in model and added it to the notes field for each so people can see what they had put and fix it up.

Added the notes field to the disc browser as well. The disc notes will show for any disc that has a note.

Also, added a minis "manufacturer". I noticed a lot of people had them listed so it seemed like a good idea. Any mini should go there and then you'll have a choice of Innova, Little Flyer, Zing and other for now. If I'm missing some just email me or send me a PM and I can add it in.

Sleepy Scale addition wouldn't be too bad, but it would require updating constantly if you wanted it to be accurate. I still find it funny when I go into my Disc Organizer to see a disc listed as "New" and I now throw it.

Runs might be unnessecary.

These are two things that can be typed out in the "Notes" section, which are still displayed right there along with all of the other info.

Just put that in the notes. I'm going to update the disc browser tomorrow to see how it looks if I have it show the disc notes under the disc name. That way you won't have to view someone's bag to see that it's an x-out, etc.

That would be nice. I like to ID my discs with 9x, 10x, 11x, 1.1, 1.2, etc. and I miss not being to type that in the disc name. The drop down list is very incomplete and inconsistent with the KC and JK runs. Seeing the notes would help when trying to differentiate between all your TeeBirds and Aviars and could eliminate the need to have multiple Aviars.

(BTW- Aviar-x would be a nice addition)

Or maybe make it easier to "expand out" to the notes. Like "view all notes for this bag" or something?

If someone is missing, just shoot me a PM or email with the exact title of the model that the manufacturer uses (if possible). I'm not going to differentiate different runs, etc. If the top of it says Beast, then it's a beast and you can put first run and that kind of stuff in the notes.

i've always wondered why KC, JK and Pro were separate options under plastic. i feel like it becomes problematic when trying to describe something like an 11x KC pro teebird, for example. why would you choose KC under plastic when it already says KC along with "Teebird KC 11x" in the model field?

seems like it would make more sense to have Pro, KC Pro and JK Pro as plastic options and then just have "Teebird", "11x Teebird", "10x Teebird", etc. as model options. or even better, have 11x, 10x etc under the plastic options as well and then just the mold name for the model field. that might make the most sense since the differences between 11x, 10x, 9x, etc have more to do with the plastic than the mold anyway.

just thinking out loud.