• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Profile Page......

Buy Wizards. No need for pics. Has a bead. Plastic is the same as the Warlock.

This is a cool thread.....I was wondering if someone could put up a profile pick of a Wizard. I'd love to see how the bead/rim looks on one. I have a Warlock but its to understable for me as a putter. But I loved the feel of the plastic. So I'd like to try a Wizard, I just don't know what the rim looks like.....

Hope someone doesn't mind, thanks!

The orange disc is a Wizard

acewiz2.jpg

Thank you very much snappyfingers, I really appreciate that. The profile looks quite similar to the Challenger, just more dome?, maybe resulting in more glide?

Great, another putter to try lol......

The orange disc is a Wizard

then what is the yellow one? I really want to get a BB Aviar and a wizard and compare them to the focus and Ridge...

comparisonu.jpg

I feel like you can tell the difference between the TL and Leopard by looking at how tall the bottom part of the mold is. One seems to be higher than the other. I also like how it shows how close the Ascent is to the Teebird. But then I also like how it shows who quickly it grooves (convex, I believe) like the Cyclone.

Would anyone with a BB Aviar or Wizard send me a close up of the profile and I'll composite them together?

Last edited:
woa, I take that back. Doesn't really look like a Challenger at all.

I have a Star Aviar Driver, how similar is the Wizard? I didn't care for the BB Aviar....

my ascent is way more overstable than my teebird. It is crazy how close they looke, do you have a pic of an ascent next to an eagle X?

I bet the challenger or wizard would look alot like a ridge, if any one has pics of those discs.

This thread is awesome.

woa, I take that back. Doesn't really look like a Challenger at all.

I have a Star Aviar Driver, how similar is the Wizard? I didn't care for the BB Aviar....

The wizard is by far one of the best driving putters on the market. There is some science behind it for those unfamiliar with Gateway. The disc gets thicker out towards the rim and thinner towards the middle of the flight plate. This keeps the weight closer to the rim and helps the disc maintain the snap you put on it. Resulting in great putter drives.

I'd like to see all of the eagle variants compared. And then the eagles next to a striker. I'd do it, but i don't have any eagles at the moment.

I figured all of their profiles were close but I am interested in the differences.

Focus - Seems to have the longest shoulder slope and its bottom is almost exactly the same as the wizard. Makes sense as to why it is most overstable of them now because of the sloped top.
Ridge - Lowest PLH, smallest bead, largest top, lowest bottom. Also has the least amount of dome.
Aviar BB - Longest nose, has a straight part on the bottom piece connecting the bead to the parting line. I noticed this in Aviar P&A (sans bead) but its interest to see compared to the others. I would also say it has a very similar shoulder to the wizard and Ridge.
Wizard - odd for me to say but I think that it is the most/best rounded from top to bead. I would also venture to say it has the largest bead of them. And a smaller dome than the BB and Focus.

Anyone else's thoughts?

Great picture cfair. I never thought there was that much difference between the BB and wizards. I always thought it was plastic type that made me prefer the Wiz, but now I see that it's a bit rounder to wrap on with my small/medium size fingers.

Pretty sweet profile diagram!

You should do an Ion along with ;)

If there are a series of discs that people think are similar to one another go for it. However I don't remember the Ion having a big bead (microbead?) an the reason these 4 were compared was because so many people thought they were so similar. I've heard the Wizard being called a BB Aviar a few times, and I've heard plenty of Wizard throwers call the Focus a knock off attempt. And I myself was surprised at how much the Ridge is like the other 3 but with a smaller bead.

^^^^^I was thinking about this. I don't belive that there are variations of the beadless gator like there are for the beaded ones so I didn't include it.

Too good to let it lapse...

This thread is too much fun to let it lapse, so I took a few quick photos.

1: Katana (green) vs. Nuke (salmon)

2: Z Cylcone (green dye) vs. D Cyclone (yellow)

3: DX Rancho Roc (yellow) vs. Ace Race 2010 Hornet (orange)

Attachments

• katana-vs-nuke-1.jpg
    katana-vs-nuke-1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 122
  • z-cylcone-vs-d-cyclone-2.jpg
    z-cylcone-vs-d-cyclone-2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 105
  • dx-roc-vs-acerace2010-3.jpg
    dx-roc-vs-acerace2010-3.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 112

Latest posts